Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Crisis of faith  (Read 8848 times)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: Crisis of faith
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 06:50:19 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;44987
Well it's up to each individual to find their patron, and if they don't find one, well perhaps they were unable to find whoever it was.

Not necessarily. As Fier said, she doesn't have one. And I don't think she requires one or should be looking for one. The path she treads just means that having a particular deity that hangs out isn't necessary. It just depends on the path that you're on when it comes to patrons.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:53 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;44897
I read the blog page. I liked it. I know this thing is temporary, but it's always unknown how long it'll last. I've been through these things at least a few times.

Right now I'm feeling like maybe it's best for me to walk away from religion - and the gods - completely. Of course right now is the worst time to lose my faith, and my religion, again. But I'm sure it'll come back to me, in one form or another. It always does. I feel like they've forsaken me. To be clear, this didn't start with Odin, it started with The Goddess.

So I'm thinking I'm going to try something before I walk away, because walking away is my last resort. By contacting only one god and one goddess, I had severely limited my options. I have many more options than just that one god and goddess. I am optimistic that if one let me down and the other doesn't seem to care, that the others might and I might have more luck with them.

:ange:

Then maybe walking away is a good thing. I went through a phase where I had absolutely nothing to do with religion. My blog reflects this, actually, with a nearly six month period of no posts or very little much else than a "yeah, I'm alive." It was a very hard time in my life, not having anything to rely on. But it was something that I had to go through to get where I am now.

Currently, I am horrifically and morbidly depressed. I ache so badly inside that I want to cry most days. But, if I hadn't gone through my previous crisis of faith, then I wouldn't be able to get through this depressive phase, knowing that Sekhmet is there for me if and when I need her and that she will assist me if/when I ask for it.

Good luck.

Also, a slight comment on the patron thing: I tried really hard to get one for a long time and mucked that all up. The moment I stopped looking is the moment I realized I had been getting messages from Sekhmet all along. Think about it.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 12:57:25 am »
Quote from: outlaw393;44991
No, it's not a coincidence. Being with another Wiccan was awesome and helped me walk the path with much more confidence. It also gave me the chance to speak with someone else I trusted face to face about spiritual matters. Now I no longer have that resource (even though we remained friends). While the breakup wasn't the inciting incident, it certainly doesn't help either.

So, metaphorically, while the breakup didn't start the fire, it was the gasoline that helped it along.

My expectations of the gods? Pretty much the same as for anyone who'd want a relationship with me. Be around. Be honest. If you say you're going to do something, do it. Return my calls. Call me sometimes. If you love me, say so. Be patient. (and I know not all gods are patient) Get to know me and don't be afraid in helping me get to know you.

Those are a few I can think of off the top of my head. :)

I think you would really find some comfort and peace in Galina's ideas of deity (specifically the Norse). ...If you haven't already?

Link
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;45241
I think you would really find some comfort and peace in Galina's ideas of deity (specifically the Norse). ...If you haven't already?

Link

Thanks for the link. Galina Krasskova is so far my favorite author of Heathen books. I have a couple of her books and I enjoy her writing. Her book about Odin that I have is one of my favorite (and my first) books I had about Odin. :)
Conformity is the death of individualism

Tags: