collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Possible phycic awareness?  (Read 1305 times)

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
Possible phycic awareness?
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this  (and I feel a little silly posting it) But last night I had a dream that my friend was playing double bass sitting down in a normal chair (for those of you who don't know, normally double bass players stand up or sit on a stool) to play with me in an orchestra rehearsal.

Today I ran into him and he mentioned he was playing cello again (a smaller double bass that you do sit down while playing.

As soon as he mentioned that I thought of the dream I had last night.

Was this mere coincidence or was I "seeing" his change in instrumental choice?

thanks

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Possible phycic awareness?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:16:25 am »
Quote from: bluewave193;43652
Not sure if this is the right place to post this  (and I feel a little silly posting it) But last night I had a dream that my friend was playing double bass sitting down in a normal chair (for those of you who don't know, normally double bass players stand up or sit on a stool) to play with me in an orchestra rehearsal.

Today I ran into him and he mentioned he was playing cello again (a smaller double bass that you do sit down while playing.

As soon as he mentioned that I thought of the dream I had last night.

thanks

I will qualify my response by stating that my knowledge on dreams is non-existent.

Had you been planning to meet your friend, I would have suggested a possible connection between you.  However, you say that you ran into him (by chance) and it was his comments that triggered your memory of the dream.  

If this is the one and only experience of this type, the sceptic in me say coincidence. Should you continue to experience dreams, and then find out the events in your dreams are happening in the real world, then I would suggest there may be something channelling this information to you.

Like I said at the start, I am no expert, just a learner.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

If this is the only such incident you've had, I'd assume coincidence.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

DaraD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:39 am »

thanks

I feel the need to ask a few questions:

1. Do you generally remember your dreams?
2. If so, is this the first time you can recall something like this happening?
3. Have you ever had the déjà vu feeling, but weren't sure why?

Taken from: http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/question657.htm
The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

If you generally remember your dreams and this is the first time this has happened, I would say coincidence. However, I have read that "psychic dreams" (what you had) are actually quite common and one of the reasons for the déjà vu feelings people get.

Ruby Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:08:23 am »
last night I had a dream that my friend was playing double bass sitting down in a normal chair (for those of you who don't know, normally double bass players stand up or sit on a stool) to play with me in an orchestra rehearsal.

In my opinion, I believe there is a great possibility that you foresaw this change in your friend; I have had similar experiences to yours, and seem to be a rather frequent magnet for deja vu. Have you thought about keeping a dream journal? I consider this to be an excellent tool for recording your dreaming patterns.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:09:36 am by Ruby Moon »

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
Quote from: DaraD;44253
I feel the need to ask a few questions:

1. Do you generally remember your dreams?
2. If so, is this the first time you can recall something like this happening?
3. Have you ever had the déjà vu feeling, but weren't sure why?

If you generally remember your dreams and this is the first time this has happened, I would say coincidence. However, I have read that "psychic dreams" (what you had) are actually quite common and one of the reasons for the déjà vu feelings people get.

To answer your questions:

1) yes I can usually remember my dreams. Most are random and sometimes a little scary.

2) no, when I lived in IL I had a dream that we owned a cat named Toby (which ended up being our dogs name when we got him a few weeks later). When we moved to CA I realized that the roomi found the cat in (in my dream) was my parents room in the house in CA.

This wasn't a dream but a few years ago when I was in high school right after my first class I felt a shift or feeling. During the morning announcements they revealed that a kid had committed suicide.

3)I have felt déjà vu before once a few years ago when sitting at my desk and talking to my dad. I looked at a scratch on my desk and felt what only could be described as a shift and all I could think about was that scratch. I had the feeling I had been there before. No idea why, it was kind of weird and confusing.

Also, please note that all these instances are years apart.

-blue

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:25:50 am »
Quote from: Ruby Moon;54182
In my opinion, I believe there is a great possibility that you foresaw this change in your friend; I have had similar experiences to yours, and seem to be a rather frequent magnet for deja vu. Have you thought about keeping a dream journal? I consider this to be an excellent tool for recording your dreaming patterns.

I have thought about it, more for the prose of lucid dreaming. Maybe I should start up.

-blue

Tags: