collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Looking for some friends who is a goddess(Brigit) believer  (Read 1769 times)

LightForest

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Looking for some friends who is a goddess(Brigit) believer
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:29 pm »
I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I believe and whom(the goddess) I feel close to. After few years , I found that maybe goddess Brigit it the one whom I feel close to. So I want to start my path on this way.But I think I need some friends whom I could talk to and discuss about the goddess.
I'm a goddess believer and a white one from Taiwan(Asia). My family religion is Buddhism, but I can't feel so close to it.
Maybe you wanna be my friend, and let's talk about the goddess?:)

Beibhinn

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some friends who is a goddess(Brigit) believer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »
Quote from: LightForest;43159
I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I believe and whom(the goddess) I feel close to. After few years , I found that maybe goddess Brigit it the one whom I feel close to. So I want to start my path on this way.But I think I need some friends whom I could talk to and discuss about the goddess.
I'm a goddess believer and a white one from Taiwan(Asia). My family religion is Buddhism, but I can't feel so close to it.

Hello and welcome to TC!
I am a devotee of Brighid's. I hold a flamekeeping shift in the Ord Brighideach as well. So if you want to talk about Her, let's talk!:)

candlemagic

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://zaprudering.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:15 am »

I'm starting to get to know her so if you wanted to talk about our experiences with her that would be cool.

Silverlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://lianslalas.bloglspot.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »

I am also a follower of Brighid.  She was the first to speak to me, and she has offered me great help and guideance along the way. (I also follow Inari, which I feel to be an interesting pairing)  I'm so happy to see other followers of Brighid here!

Sorchae

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »

I recently embraced Brighid as my patron Goddess, and She has been gentle and loving so far. I feel extremely connected to Her even though I am just learning more about Her and incorporating Her into my practice (a religion based solely around Her that I am constructing). Brighid was the very first Goddess to ever speak to me and touch me with Her guiding hand. I wouldn't mind talking about Her or my experiences with Her that I have had so far if you wish. :)

Beannachtaí,
Sorchae

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Looking for some friends who is a goddess(Brigit) believer
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:48:10 am »
I'm replying from my phone, so I can't write much, but I wanted to just mention that there are lots of Brighid followers here on TC.  Many of us participate in TC's flame tending cill.  I'm not sure how to link to that part of the forum while posting from my phone, but you can find it listed in the "Religious SIGs" section.

Also, searching for "Brighid" and other variations of Her name will yield a good number of threads about Her and how many of us honor Her.

You'll find that Brighid is a favorite topic of many TC posters. Including me.  :)

~ Aster

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:36 am »
Brigid is one of my own Patrons, and She can be a challenge in many ways - not by being cruel; that's not Her way; but by challenging you to grow and be the best you can.

Welcome to the circle

Sorchae

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:56 am »
Quote from: Rhyshadow;44471
Brigid is one of my own Patrons, and She can be a challenge in many ways - not by being cruel; that's not Her way; but by challenging you to grow and be the best you can.

Welcome to the circle

I agree with this statement. When Brighid first came to me She wasn't mean when She subtly hinted that my path was going to change. She was gentle, and had been nurturing to me throughout the process of creating a new practice for myself. She is like a Mother to me, in a sense, with Her ways, but She does challenge me just as you said.

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »

I'm a heathen, but I've always known Brighid to knock on the door now and again. I'd be happy to share any experiences.

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

I'm devoted to Brigit. She can be a right royal pain in the ass when she wants to be, at least with me... but it's like when your mother nags you to clean your room. In the end, it's what was best for you to begin with, and the longer you fight it the harder it is when you finally give in.

Karen

Tags: