"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Adorations, Anyone?  (Read 4767 times)

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Adorations, Anyone?
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:21:29 am »
I don't know how many of you know about these adorations that are going around. Basically, they're like Catholic litanies or the Hindu practice of namastotra. You can find a big list of them here: http://krasskova.weebly.com/1/post/2012/01/this-adoration-thing-a-list.html (which includes the one by Sannion to Dionysus that started it all).

Any thoughts? Personally, I like the idea and feel like they're a good way to make use of the prayer beads I made recently. I particularly like the Adorations to Eros, even though I don't worship the Greek gods.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Adorations, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:33:54 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;40740
I don't know how many of you know about these adorations that are going around. Basically, they're like Catholic litanies or the Hindu practice of namastotra. You can find a big list of them here: http://krasskova.weebly.com/1/post/2012/01/this-adoration-thing-a-list.html (which includes the one by Sannion to Dionysus that started it all).

No, I wasn't aware of them. However, now that I am, I think they are great.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Dragonfly68

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:03 am »

I like it, very good idea. :D I especially like the one to Sigyn.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:37:48 am by Dragonfly68 »

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:50:04 am »

Any thoughts? Personally, I like the idea and feel like they're a good way to make use of the prayer beads I made recently. I particularly like the Adorations to Eros, even though I don't worship the Greek gods.

It's an interesting concept. I'm not sure if I have an opinion in either direction.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »

I wrote 40 of them for the Divus Iulius; and I'm quite fond of them. You can find them on my blog.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:26:44 am »
Quote from: Castus;40815
I wrote 40 of them for the Divus Iulius; and I'm quite fond of them. You can find them on my blog.

I saw those! They were awesome! :)

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:54 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;40838
I saw those! They were awesome! :)

Thank you! :)
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

DashesAgainst

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:47 am »

I'd never heard of them until now.  Great idea!
"Of all the rest of mankind, make him your friend who distinguishes himself by his virtue." - The Golden Verses of Pythagoras

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »

I have been doing adorations to Ganesh and Lakshmi for a short amount of time now, since I heard of them (the adorations). I really enjoy doing them and I know that they are thoroughly appreciated.  Now that there are other adorations for other pantheons out there, I don't feel quite so alone. ;)
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

Gore

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:09 pm »

Hmmmm. Never heard of these until now. Might have to try my hand at one. Interesting concept!

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 06:55:14 pm »

I have heard of them but haven't really gotten into it til recently.  I'm trying to write my own for Morrigan and make my own set of prayer beads for her, but I do have one for Shiva (a newcomer to me on my path).

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 08:23:53 am »

The idea is new to me, and I like it, especially as I attended my first-ever Salutations to the Theotokos service just last night. The text of the Akathist is something very similar (link), and it is recommended for daily recitation. Not sure if I could do that, though.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »
I don't know how many of you know about these adorations that are going around.

You can find one that I wrote for Thor on my blog, which is here: http://thorsvin.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/56-adorations-to-thor/

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »
Quote from: thorsvin;45132
You can find one that I wrote for Thor on my blog, which is here: http://thorsvin.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/56-adorations-to-thor/

Those are awesome!

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 07:25:11 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;45141
Those are awesome!

Thanks!!

Tags: