+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Lokabrenna has a spectacular aura about Lokabrenna has a spectacular aura about Lokabrenna's Avatar
    Last Online
    29 Jun 2014 @ 07:46 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Vanic Pagan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

Adorations, Anyone?

I don't know how many of you know about these adorations that are going around. Basically, they're like Catholic litanies or the Hindu practice of namastotra. You can find a big list of them here: http://krasskova.weebly.com/1/post/2...ng-a-list.html (which includes the one by Sannion to Dionysus that started it all).

Any thoughts? Personally, I like the idea and feel like they're a good way to make use of the prayer beads I made recently. I particularly like the Adorations to Eros, even though I don't worship the Greek gods.

Administrator Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RandallS has disabled reputation RandallS's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic Pagan
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Adorations, Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokabrenna View Post
    I don't know how many of you know about these adorations that are going around. Basically, they're like Catholic litanies or the Hindu practice of namastotra. You can find a big list of them here: http://krasskova.weebly.com/1/post/2...ng-a-list.html (which includes the one by Sannion to Dionysus that started it all).
    No, I wasn't aware of them. However, now that I am, I think they are great.
    Randall
    RetroRoleplaying [Blog] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
    Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
    Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dragonfly68 is on a distinguished road Dragonfly68's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 May 2013 @ 04:04 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    ADF

I like it, very good idea. :D I especially like the one to Sigyn.
    Last edited by Dragonfly68; 29 Jan 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: don't know what happened to quote, trying to fix.

Created Album picturesThree FriendsYour first GroupTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    SatSekhem is on a distinguished road SatSekhem's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2013 @ 06:31 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Recon-Slanted Kemetic; Solitary Voodooist

Any thoughts? Personally, I like the idea and feel like they're a good way to make use of the prayer beads I made recently. I particularly like the Adorations to Eros, even though I don't worship the Greek gods.
    It's an interesting concept. I'm not sure if I have an opinion in either direction.
    Religious Blog
    Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Castus will become famous soon enough Castus will become famous soon enough Castus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Ecclesia

I wrote 40 of them for the Divus Iulius; and I'm quite fond of them. You can find them on my blog.
    "Listen and be sure, my dear son, that I will protect you; do not be frightened or grieve, or let your heart be dismayed, however great the illness that you speak of. Am I not here?"
    -Our Lady of Guadeloupe to St Juan Diego

"We should always be prepared so as never to err to believe that what I see as white is black, if the Church defines it thus."
    -St Ignatius of Loyola

Your first GroupThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Lokabrenna has a spectacular aura about Lokabrenna has a spectacular aura about Lokabrenna's Avatar
    Last Online
    29 Jun 2014 @ 07:46 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Vanic Pagan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    I wrote 40 of them for the Divus Iulius; and I'm quite fond of them. You can find them on my blog.
    I saw those! They were awesome!

Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Castus will become famous soon enough Castus will become famous soon enough Castus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Ecclesia

I saw those! They were awesome!
    Thank you!
    "Listen and be sure, my dear son, that I will protect you; do not be frightened or grieve, or let your heart be dismayed, however great the illness that you speak of. Am I not here?"
    -Our Lady of Guadeloupe to St Juan Diego

"We should always be prepared so as never to err to believe that what I see as white is black, if the Church defines it thus."
    -St Ignatius of Loyola

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DashesAgainst is on a distinguished road DashesAgainst's Avatar
    Last Online
    15 Aug 2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheist

I'd never heard of them until now. Great idea!

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    sephira is on a distinguished road sephira's Avatar
    Last Online
    9 Mar 2012 @ 01:55 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Vedic Witch

I have been doing adorations to Ganesh and Lakshmi for a short amount of time now, since I heard of them (the adorations). I really enjoy doing them and I know that they are thoroughly appreciated. Now that there are other adorations for other pantheons out there, I don't feel quite so alone.
    "If it ain't fun, it ain't worth doing!"

Journeyman Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Gore is on a distinguished road Gore's Avatar
    Last Online
    18 Mar 2014 @ 08:01 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Heathen

Hmmmm. Never heard of these until now. Might have to try my hand at one. Interesting concept!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast