Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: "Your Path"  (Read 17397 times)

RusWarrior

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: "Your Path"
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 03:07:11 pm »
Quote from: bluewave193;39587
This topic was on the the earlier forum and I thought I would bring it over, since I wanted to comment on it but couldn't.

So what is your path? What do your rituals (if any) consist of?

I am an Odinist heathen, pure Heahen and strict reconstructionist, no New Age, Wiccan, Shamanic or Eclectic type stuff. I conduct rituals to Odin regularly and celebrate Asatru Holidays.

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »

I consider myself Pagan, eclectic and rather informal. I don't do huge ceremonies and there are no pagan groups near me. I keep a small altar, celebrate the holidays in my own way; talk to and devote myself to Persephone and Dionysus.

In reality, this thread reminds me that I do not take nearly enough time for myself and my beliefs. With Imbolc coming up, that might seem like a good time to reconsider my time right now but also with the dreaded realization that with the new semester starting, I'll have even less time.

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:22 am »

I was a devoted Lokean. But then the gods turned their backs on me, and it was the last straw on the camel's back. I walked away and am officially non-theist.

I don't do rituals anymore. I have no religion, no religious practices, and no gods.
Conformity is the death of individualism

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 11:26:11 am »

My religion is Wicca. There's already quite a lot of information about it so I guess I won't say too much. I'm of the Alexandrian tradition and usually meet with my coven on a fortnightly basis for our Craft work and serve the Wiccan Gods.

In my personal practice I'm a Gaelic Traditionalist/Polytheist and also a Thelemite. Gaelic Traditionalism(the Pagan sort as there are also Christian ones) contains my world-view where I obviously honour Gaelic Gods, especially those linked to where I live in Ulster. I share a lot of middle ground with Celtic Reconstructionism however I also acknowledge many surviving syncretic traditions or those that have been Christianised though substituting where need be and emphasising that pagan veneer behind them. Like other religious practices I make offerings, prayers, and celebrate festivals that are still acknowledged in the culture of this island somehow anyway.

Thelema can either be considered a philosophy, religion, or both depending on the individual, however it's more of a philosophy for me. It does have its own symbolic deities that can be very subjective, and rituals with a lot of roots in the Western Esoteric& Hermeticism. Being of the occult ritual magic is quite common, however the extent of my ceremonial magic doesn't extend much beyond Thelema(other than the bit in Wicca as well) I'm an officer in its initiatory order the OTO, and perform rituals relate to it, especially our central one The Gnostic Mass.
Semper Fidelis

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »

I identify currently as an Gaelic(Irish) Polytheist.
I originally started out with an interest in Wicca which I was happy with for many years. :)
Then I found myself drifting, especially these last two years and found myself drawn towards the Irish pantheon in a far stronger way. I find modern Druidry very interesting so I pulled a little from that.
I would consider myself a fairly hard polytheist, but I have also on occasion found myself honouring the 'female and male principles of divinity' if you will. I still find the god/goddess balance in Wicca appealing so I've incorporated that to a small extent. :)

My rituals generally consist of making offerings and lighting candles. Tending to my altar and lighting the offering candle on it every day is very important to me. I also tend to my Morrighan shrine daily and light Her candles.
I pull a bit from everywhere! I even recently acquired a Tibetan singing bowl for use in my practice (I've found it to be a wonderful tool) and do Buddhist meditation once a week.
The main deities I honour are The Morrighan, The Dagda, Danu and Manannan of recent. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:08:38 pm by Oíche »
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Elizabeth

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 07:15:28 pm »

I would say Eclectic, Earthy, Wannabe Witch :p

I find myself interested in the Celtic pantheon, specifically Irish. But, of all the gods/goddesses I have reached out to, only Bastet has really showed interest. So, I have been studying the Kemetic pantheon/culture as well.

I do not have a daily ritual. When I can, I make an offering to Bastet, but that has not been able to be daily...yet. I do tarot on occasion, and some energy work, but no set schedule.

Hopefully in the next few weeks when I am no longer in job limbo, I will be able to develop a more solid schedule and stick to it.
“I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.” - Neil Gaiman

SatAset

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Fiercely Bright One
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 11:00:31 pm »

I'm Kemetic Orthodox, a Northern Tradition Pagan and an Orisha devotee.  I also honor Brighid once a month during my Cill shift.  

I do the Kemetic Orthodox ritual of the Senut for Aset on most days.  This ritual consists of lighting incense (for me, it is essential oil), lighting candles and doing water libations.  I offer offerings to Frigga and some other Northern Gods once a week or so.  I offer to Oya once a week.  I offer Her eggplant or red wine.
I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --SatAset

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 06:25:37 am »
This topic was on the the earlier forum and I thought I would bring it over, since I wanted to comment on it but couldn't.

Right now, I consider myself as pagan. I am not particularly religious (I do not worship gods or a divine spirit). I simply believe that there is a common energy that flows throughout everything (pretty much animism). As humans, we can touch/interact with this energy by doing things we love or being around those we love. For me, music is a way to interact with this energy. I have played oboe since about 4th grade (I am now a senior in high school) and have wanted to major in music since 8th grade.

For rituals, I keep it fairly simple. Lighting candles, burning incense, taking cleansing baths, opening my chakras and general meditation. Eventually I would like to visualize a ritual space (for lack of a better term) that I can visit while meditating. I just need to keep working on visualization.

Well that's pretty much all I've come up with in the ~4 months I've been studying this path.

-Bluewave

I also believe that everything has energy.  I believe that everything is connected and it doesn't matter which path you take in the woods, it will all end at the same beach in the end.  I believe in god, but.  I believe that there are more than one.  I believe in the father god and mother god.  I don't believe in religion so to speak and I don't believe that any one religion is the correct one.  This is something that churchs have created to intill fear so that they can control you and your actions.  I believe in just being.  And what we are is one big ball of energy inside another and inside another ect.
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

xxmoonxraverxx

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://xxmoonxraverxx.tumblr.com/tagged/book-of-shadows
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:19 pm »

-Bluewave

hmm.... i follow the celtic beliefs i think. and as for deities, i believe in one goddess and one god, kind of like a glorified fancy christianity.
i'm still getting used to rituals but i keep mine simple too. i usually just cast a circle and do whatever business i need to before i get told to put out the incense before i leave my room (my mom knows i'm wiccan, she doesn't care. she dabbled in her youth as well.) i just don't like anybody knowing because i like the privacy and being alone with the elements. it feels too impersonal with my huge family always asking what i'm doing (bugger off, mom, i'm offering incense to the goddess! alright honey, don't burn the house down. and DON'T BURN A HOLE IN YOUR BROTHER'S BABY BLANKET!!) i mean, i could do it in the backyard, but i have four dogs, and they poo all over the place....
but that would be more practical wouldn't it?

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
"Your Path"
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 11:45:24 am »
Quote from: xxmoonxraverxx;130694
hmm.... i follow the celtic beliefs i think. and as for deities, i believe in one goddess and one god, kind of like a glorified fancy christianity.
i'm still getting used to rituals but i keep mine simple too. i usually just cast a circle and do whatever business i need to before i get told to put out the incense before i leave my room (my mom knows i'm wiccan, she doesn't care. she dabbled in her youth as well.) i just don't like anybody knowing because i like the privacy and being alone with the elements. it feels too impersonal with my huge family always asking what i'm doing (bugger off, mom, i'm offering incense to the goddess! alright honey, don't burn the house down. and DON'T BURN A HOLE IN YOUR BROTHER'S BABY BLANKET!!) i mean, i could do it in the backyard, but i have four dogs, and they poo all over the place....
but that would be more practical wouldn't it?

There's no way to know what "the Celtic beliefs" were. The Celts didn't write anything down, and the Roman sources were not much interested in preserving the culture. Nothing got written down from locals until well into the Christian era.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Tags: