Last Online
    22 Jul 2014 @ 09:16 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Sōtō Zen Mahayana

Re: "Your Path"

Quote Originally Posted by bluewave193 View Post
    I am a plain and simple heathen. I'm not a priest or a witch or a shaman, I am a content being a lay-heathen. I perform seasonal blóts, as well as blóts to honour other deities at need. In the mornings I pray Sigrdrifa's Prayer and I respectfully don my Mjölnir necklace. On thursdays I usually light a candle for Thor on his shrine.

Other than that I try to be the best person that I can be and to make my gods, friends, and family proud. Which of course does not always happen, but I try.

Also, I do really like hugging trees.
    [CENTER]
    My blog.

Newbie Iron Crow is on a distinguished road Iron Crow's Avatar
    Last Online
    8 Feb 2012 @ 12:08 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Follower Of Chronos

So what is your path? What do your rituals (if any) consist of?
    I am a follower of Chronos, though if asked flat out, I'll tell you that I follow the cult of Jailinus as a subtle reminder that my religion has no bearing on anything whatsoever. Typically my rituals consist of burning prayers on rice paper, lighting candles, talking to Chronos, and divining using my beloved lapis luzili pendulum.

Journeyman Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    bluewave193 is on a distinguished road bluewave193's Avatar
    Last Online
    2 Aug 2013 @ 09:17 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    pagan

This topic was on the the earlier forum and I thought I would bring it over, since I wanted to comment on it but couldn't.

Right now, I consider myself as pagan. I am not particularly religious (I do not worship gods or a divine spirit). I simply believe that there is a common energy that flows throughout everything (pretty much animism). As humans, we can touch/interact with this energy by doing things we love or being around those we love. For me, music is a way to interact with this energy. I have played oboe since about 4th grade (I am now a senior in high school) and have wanted to major in music since 8th grade.

For rituals, I keep it fairly simple. Lighting candles, burning incense, taking cleansing baths, opening my chakras and general meditation. Eventually I would like to visualize a ritual space (for lack of a better term) that I can visit while meditating. I just need to keep working on visualization.

Well that's pretty much all I've come up with in the ~4 months I've been studying this path.

-Bluewave

Just thought I'd update on mine since I've been thinking of adding a sort of "ritual meditation" using the moon and the zodiac signs as a guide for what I should focus on. (Still working on that though). I also want to learn more about crystals and somehow work those into my meditation.

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    sephira is on a distinguished road sephira's Avatar
    Last Online
    9 Mar 2012 @ 01:55 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Vedic Witch

Just thought I'd update on mine since I've been thinking of adding a sort of "ritual meditation" using the moon and the zodiac signs as a guide for what I should focus on. (Still working on that though). I also want to learn more about crystals and somehow work those into my meditation.
    I've heard that crystals and stones can really enhance meditations. Unfortunately, I am unable to meditate, but I just wanted to wish you luck on the new aspect of your path.

"If it ain't fun, it ain't worth doing!"

Apprentice Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    nadkins733 is on a distinguished road nadkins733's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Aug 2012 @ 08:45 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    atheist/agnostic

This topic was on the the earlier forum and I thought I would bring it over, since I wanted to comment on it but couldn't.

Right now, I consider myself as pagan. I am not particularly religious (I do not worship gods or a divine spirit). I simply believe that there is a common energy that flows throughout everything (pretty much animism). As humans, we can touch/interact with this energy by doing things we love or being around those we love. For me, music is a way to interact with this energy. I have played oboe since about 4th grade (I am now a senior in high school) and have wanted to major in music since 8th grade.

For rituals, I keep it fairly simple. Lighting candles, burning incense, taking cleansing baths, opening my chakras and general meditation. Eventually I would like to visualize a ritual space (for lack of a better term) that I can visit while meditating. I just need to keep working on visualization.

Well that's pretty much all I've come up with in the ~4 months I've been studying this path.

-Bluewave
    We have some stuff in common. I have the same thoughts you do with the whole animism deal. I've tried to make alters to certain gods and such but it just doesn't feel right to me. But like you said I also believe all things have some sort energy that connects us, most just don't realize it.

For rituals I like to do moon rituals, as the night feels more comfortable to me. I just have a basic alter with candles and little items that are special to me. I can't get too crazy, (I'm also a senior in high school) I still live with parents so they would get weirded out. Lol

I'm still figuring out exactly what I am but for now I'll just call myself eclectic. I basically just make up my own rituals and such, whatever feels right.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    RusWarrior is on a distinguished road RusWarrior's Avatar
    Last Online
    29 Mar 2013 @ 08:26 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Norse Heathen

I am an Odinist heathen, pure Heahen and strict reconstructionist, no New Age, Wiccan, Shamanic or Eclectic type stuff. I conduct rituals to Odin regularly and celebrate Asatru Holidays.

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Queen of Wands is on a distinguished road Queen of Wands's Avatar
    Last Online
    18 Aug 2014 @ 07:30 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Spiritualist

I consider myself Pagan, eclectic and rather informal. I don't do huge ceremonies and there are no pagan groups near me. I keep a small altar, celebrate the holidays in my own way; talk to and devote myself to Persephone and Dionysus.

In reality, this thread reminds me that I do not take nearly enough time for myself and my beliefs. With Imbolc coming up, that might seem like a good time to reconsider my time right now but also with the dreaded realization that with the new semester starting, I'll have even less time.

Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    outlaw393 can only hope to improve outlaw393's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Dec 2013 @ 08:40 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

I was a devoted Lokean. But then the gods turned their backs on me, and it was the last straw on the camel's back. I walked away and am officially non-theist.

I don't do rituals anymore. I have no religion, no religious practices, and no gods.
    Conformity is the death of individualism

Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Micheál will become famous soon enough Micheál's Avatar
    Last Online
    12 Aug 2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Country
    Ireland
    Religion
    Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism

My religion is Wicca. There's already quite a lot of information about it so I guess I won't say too much. I'm of the Alexandrian tradition and usually meet with my coven on a fortnightly basis for our Craft work and serve the Wiccan Gods.

In my personal practice I'm a Gaelic Traditionalist/Polytheist and also a Thelemite. Gaelic Traditionalism(the Pagan sort as there are also Christian ones) contains my world-view where I obviously honour Gaelic Gods, especially those linked to where I live in Ulster. I share a lot of middle ground with Celtic Reconstructionism however I also acknowledge many surviving syncretic traditions or those that have been Christianised though substituting where need be and emphasising that pagan veneer behind them. Like other religious practices I make offerings, prayers, and celebrate festivals that are still acknowledged in the culture of this island somehow anyway.

Thelema can either be considered a philosophy, religion, or both depending on the individual, however it's more of a philosophy for me. It does have its own symbolic deities that can be very subjective, and rituals with a lot of roots in the Western Esoteric& Hermeticism. Being of the occult ritual magic is quite common, however the extent of my ceremonial magic doesn't extend much beyond Thelema(other than the bit in Wicca as well) I'm an officer in its initiatory order the OTO, and perform rituals relate to it, especially our central one The Gnostic Mass.
    Semper Fidelis
    You can also find me in my much neglected blog

Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cág is on a distinguished road Cág's Avatar
    Last Online
    8 Aug 2014 @ 07:23 AM
    Country
    Ireland
    Religion
    Gaelic Polytheism/Zen Buddhism
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

I identify currently as an Gaelic(Irish) Polytheist.
    I originally started out with an interest in Wicca which I was happy with for many years.
    Then I found myself drifting, especially these last two years and found myself drawn towards the Irish pantheon in a far stronger way. I find modern Druidry very interesting so I pulled a little from that.
    I would consider myself a fairly hard polytheist, but I have also on occasion found myself honouring the 'female and male principles of divinity' if you will. I still find the god/goddess balance in Wicca appealing so I've incorporated that to a small extent.

My rituals generally consist of making offerings and lighting candles. Tending to my altar and lighting the offering candle on it every day is very important to me. I also tend to my Morrighan shrine daily and light Her candles.
    I pull a bit from everywhere! I even recently acquired a Tibetan singing bowl for use in my practice (I've found it to be a wonderful tool) and do Buddhist meditation once a week.
    The main deities I honour are The Morrighan, The Dagda, Danu and Manannan of recent.
    Last edited by Cág; 28 Jan 2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast