Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Paganicon 2012  (Read 7179 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Paganicon 2012
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:29:26 pm »
(Because, really, I should remind you all...)

Paganicon is a Pagan hotel-based convention, held in Minnesota. This year, it'll be March 16th-18th, at the same hotel as last year (but upstairs with much better layout and less travel distance between items).

Our guests of honor are Christopher Penczak and S.J. Tucker.

http://tcpaganpride.org/paganicon

Registration is $65 through February 23rd. If you know events that might want to host a hospitality suite, we've still got space.

We're bringing back a lot of the same awesomeness as last year (great presenters and workshops, lots of fun conversation, lots of chances to talk to other friendly Pagans about all sorts of things), and a few new things - a ball on Saturday night with music by Sooj and a DJ, more projects and displays of Pagan art, and some other really awesome stuff.

Heartshadow and Veggiewolf came last year, had an awesome time, and can tell you all about it. (I can too, but as I was on the founding board, and continue to be involved from my new home in Maine, I admit to some bias about its awesomeness. I will be back this year.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Paganicon 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:45:06 am »
Quote from: Jenett;39116
(Because, really, I should remind you all...)

Paganicon is a Pagan hotel-based convention, held in Minnesota. This year, it'll be March 16th-18th, at the same hotel as last year (but upstairs with much better layout and less travel distance between items).

Our guests of honor are Christopher Penczak and S.J. Tucker.

http://tcpaganpride.org/paganicon

Registration is $65 through February 23rd. If you know events that might want to host a hospitality suite, we've still got space.

We're bringing back a lot of the same awesomeness as last year (great presenters and workshops, lots of fun conversation, lots of chances to talk to other friendly Pagans about all sorts of things), and a few new things - a ball on Saturday night with music by Sooj and a DJ, more projects and displays of Pagan art, and some other really awesome stuff.

Heartshadow and Veggiewolf came last year, had an awesome time, and can tell you all about it. (I can too, but as I was on the founding board, and continue to be involved from my new home in Maine, I admit to some bias about its awesomeness. I will be back this year.)

Sounds like a good time. Is anyone planning on going this year, aside from the lovely Jennett???
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:46:14 am by sephira »
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:42 am »
Quote from: sephira;39218
Sounds like a good time. Is anyone planning on going this year, aside from the lovely Jennett???

I am hoping to go, but I won't know if finances allow until mid-February or so.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:14:33 am »

GAH!  why didn't you tell me submissions for programs were open????  *runs around screaming*

submitted proposal, intend to be there.  say a good word for me! ;)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:17 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;39244
GAH!  why didn't you tell me submissions for programs were open????  *runs around screaming*

I'll also be there, to keep someone else on track.

:whis:
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:05 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;39246
i'll also be there, to keep someone else on track.

:whis:

i wanna go!!!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »

Sorry!

(I've put in for one on Pagans and Online Privacy, fwiw. The stuff I've seen from programming submissions looks awesome so far, though - nice range like last year.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:47 pm »

I'm in the definite "maybe" column. I'm still making encouraging noises at the boy to make the drive with me down there. School is mostly a non-issue, as I can hand in assignments early and the week after it's relatively quiet assignment wise, so I don't feel bad about skipping on the Friday. :)

Funds is the only other issue. I'll have to see what my monies is like after this insurance payment.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:32:54 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;39281

Funds is the only other issue. I'll have to see what my monies is like after this insurance payment.

Woo! (And to Juni, too!)

I should note two other deadlines: the way memberships are currently going, I expect there will be at the door memberships available, but we'll post updates on our websiteif we start getting close to our cap.

But the membership cost goes up from $65 to $80 after February 23rd. That's also the last day for our room rate agreement (which is even more reasonable this year than it was last year.) If you know people who want to come to the evening concert/ball, but not the rest of it, we're also doing a $15 ticket to just Saturday evening (but not day passes otherwise.)

On the cost front: one of the reasons we like the hotel is that there are a *ton* of reasonably priced food options nearby, everything from fast food to a range of other things. (I pretty much alternate between the really good Indian place, and the awesome Chinese place everytime I'm at something at that hotel, and the hotel restaurant is decent, too.)

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;39293
Woo! (And to Juni, too!)

I should note two other deadlines: the way memberships are currently going, I expect there will be at the door memberships available, but we'll post updates on our websiteif we start getting close to our cap.

But the membership cost goes up from $65 to $80 after February 23rd. That's also the last day for our room rate agreement (which is even more reasonable this year than it was last year.) If you know people who want to come to the evening concert/ball, but not the rest of it, we're also doing a $15 ticket to just Saturday evening (but not day passes otherwise.)

On the cost front: one of the reasons we like the hotel is that there are a *ton* of reasonably priced food options nearby, everything from fast food to a range of other things. (I pretty much alternate between the really good Indian place, and the awesome Chinese place everytime I'm at something at that hotel, and the hotel restaurant is decent, too.)

Well the bad news is I can't go. The good news is is that my husband will be home on leave at that time! Double YAY!!!  Hope you all have a great time!!!! Maybe next year...
(I originally read the dates wrong, silly me)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:37:37 pm by sephira »
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 07:16:07 am »

Okay, now I'm an official speaker!  Will be there, doing a workshop on building foundations for pagan religions.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59:30 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;39390
Okay, now I'm an official speaker!  Will be there, doing a workshop on building foundations for pagan religions.

Woo! I saw the proposal come through, and I'm glad he took it. (So very excited. Looking forward to that week: I'm flying out the Saturday before, getting to see friends in Minnesota, going to a work-related conference mid-week, and then Paganicon.)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 09:17:58 am »
Quote from: Jenett;39397
Woo! I saw the proposal come through, and I'm glad he took it. (So very excited. Looking forward to that week: I'm flying out the Saturday before, getting to see friends in Minnesota, going to a work-related conference mid-week, and then Paganicon.)

I'm just SOOOO glad it doesn't line up with swug's spring break this year.  I should have a week to RECOVER.

Now the important question - what am I gonna WEAR to the BALL????  :D: :D: :D:

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:28 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;39399

The Yarn Nest! That way everyone will recognize you.

I am really hoping to go, but we need to see what our tax return comes to first. This is a very expensive month of car repairs. :o

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:24 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;39399
I'm just SOOOO glad it doesn't line up with swug's spring break this year.  I should have a week to RECOVER.

Second vote for the Yarn Nest!

(wonders if she could dress like an ordinary human as a costume...)
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: