Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Creating a Festival of Caesar  (Read 9083 times)

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
Creating a Festival of Caesar
« on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »
So, my practice\worship of the Divine Julius has been extremely weak lately; mainly consisting of the several-times-daily utterance of "Caesar's Luck" and a nightly prayer. In order to strengthen my practice, I've decided to take a page from The House of Vines and create a festival to honor him. As luck would have it, the day voted by the Senate to honor him is July 12th and his birthday is he 13th.

So my question is: what should I do? The only idea I have so far is hosting a Theonexia on the second day as kind of a birthday party. But other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

What say 'ye, my good Cauldronites?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a Festival of Caesar
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »
Quote from: Castus;2011
Ave Caesar!

No one?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Star

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Creating a Festival of Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:09:44 pm »
Quote from: Castus;2320
No one?

It's been 7.5 hours since your original post.  Sometimes you have to give it time.  ;)  Not everyone reads the forum every day, and someone who only checks it once a day might've already done so, and even frequent checkers might want to take some time to consider their replies before posting.  No reply after 7.5 hours doesn't mean "no one", it just means "no one yet".
"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Journal: Star\'s Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Musings: The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:38:36 pm »
Or, you have nothing to really say. :)

So, my practice\worship of the Divine Julius has been extremely weak lately; mainly consisting of the several-times-daily utterance of "Caesar's Luck" and a nightly prayer. In order to strengthen my practice, I've decided to take a page from The House of Vines and create a festival to honor him. As luck would have it, the day voted by the Senate to honor him is July 12th and his birthday is he 13th.

So my question is: what should I do? The only idea I have so far is hosting a Theonexia on the second day as kind of a birthday party. But other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

My only suggestion would be that since you took a page from Sannion's blog, to keep looking and see what he does for some of the Ptolemies.

Things that are coming out of my head at the moment: creating a playlist, reading books about Caesar or works written by him, a theonexia, blogging about him publicly, setting up a special altar for the occasion. Stuff like that.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;2361
Or, you have nothing to really say. :)

My only suggestion would be that since you took a page from Sannion's blog, to keep looking and see what he does for some of the Ptolemies.

Things that are coming out of my head at the moment: creating a playlist, reading books about Caesar or works written by him, a theonexia, blogging about him publicly, setting up a special altar for the occasion. Stuff like that.

I'll crack open McCullough's Caesar in addition to blogging about my practice, etc. Thanks ever so much for the suggestions.:D

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:29:44 am »

Maybe try finding a figurine/statue of Caesar and putting it in a special cupboard like the Romans did for their household spirits?

Speaking of books, "Caesar" by Meier is a great one! Caesar

Tags: