FierFlye will become famous soon enough FierFlye's Avatar
    Last Online
    19 Dec 2014 @ 11:00 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

The FlameKeeping SIG Wordpress page

We have our own Wordpress page, which I have been greatly slacking at setting up. I have asked Randall to add Veggie and Shad as admins also, so that they can post things to it.

What I want to know from you, what do you think we should have on it? Right now I have a page for the (unfinished) work structure and a page for the (unfinished) FAQ. What other pages do we need? What kind of things should we post?

All ideas welcome.
    "When nothing is sure, everything is possible." -Margaret Drabble

Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Devo is on a distinguished road Devo's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 Sep 2014 @ 09:04 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic Shinto Blend

Re: The FlameKeeping SIG Wordpress page

Quote Originally Posted by FierFlye View Post
    We have our own Wordpress page, which I have been greatly slacking at setting up. I have asked Randall to add Veggie and Shad as admins also, so that they can post things to it.

What I want to know from you, what do you think we should have on it? Right now I have a page for the (unfinished) work structure and a page for the (unfinished) FAQ. What other pages do we need? What kind of things should we post?

All ideas welcome.
    I always like a "where do I start" page. Even now, I am not sure where to go, what to do. I feel like I'm not doing enough with my FK. So even if it's a bit redundant with the FAQ, I think that having a 'where to start' or 'what to do' guide is always useful. I like my stuff spelled out in crayon, I guess.

I know with my FK page that I have, I have links to the FK pendant page and links to the TC SIG. I also have a suggested reading list (which is currently very. very. short.).

Ummm... we could also link to the FK divination deck that we were making (which I have been horribly bad about getting around to doing. gah.).

I'll let you know if I think of anything else. And stuff. :\

-Devo
    dA | FB | LJ | WP

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    I always like a "where do I start" page. Even now, I am not sure where to go, what to do. I feel like I'm not doing enough with my FK. So even if it's a bit redundant with the FAQ, I think that having a 'where to start' or 'what to do' guide is always useful. I like my stuff spelled out in crayon, I guess.
    I am exactly the same, Devo.

Maybe a spot for networking- links to FK blogs by members, instructions on how to get to the shoe in MUX?
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - Zapp Brannigan

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,625 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 11 December | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 6 December | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Journeyman Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    earth_dragon is on a distinguished road earth_dragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    8 Aug 2012 @ 03:43 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Wicca/Pagan/Still searching

All ideas welcome.
    Hi, I hope I'm allowed here. Honestly, I'm not quite sure because I'm still finding my way around the forums.

I've been a Wiccan (tho moving towards general Paganism) for many years, but after doing more research I've found that I've kind of been doing Flame Keeping without really even knowing what it was, or knowing it had a name. It's something I'm extremely interesting in and I would love to learn from those who have been at it, knowingly, for a while.

I hope it's alright if I join you on this forum.

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dark Midnight has a spectacular aura about Dark Midnight has a spectacular aura about Dark Midnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    17 Oct 2014 @ 02:28 AM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Crystal Witch and Flamekeeper
    Pronouns
    She, her etc.

Quote Originally Posted by earth_dragon View Post
    Hi, I hope I'm allowed here. Honestly, I'm not quite sure because I'm still finding my way around the forums.

I've been a Wiccan (tho moving towards general Paganism) for many years, but after doing more research I've found that I've kind of been doing Flame Keeping without really even knowing what it was, or knowing it had a name. It's something I'm extremely interesting in and I would love to learn from those who have been at it, knowingly, for a while.

As far as I'm concerned it is. Anyone who wants to learn and is willing to learn is never unwelcome.
    "No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
    AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping
    Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by earth_dragon View Post

How do you think the rest of us got here? The more the merrier - and I'm thrilled my words work for you!

A more general response - a reading list of various fiction books etc. that I think really *capture* FK would probably be good. Maybe with study prompts to point out the relevant bits. (maybe not. do your own work. *g*)

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post

Once we have the site up and running, I think it would be nice for anyone who's active in this SIG to be able to add to the site. That way members could upload their own essays, art, poetry, book review, ect. Whatever they think is helpful to others.

In order to be able to add content to the site, you have to be added by Randall as user. If you think you would like to ever add anything to the site, please PM me your email (that you use in conjunction with this site) by tomorrow evening. That way I can give a list to Randall and have him add everyone at once.

Devo, since you have expressed interest in doing art for the oracle cards, I think you'd made a good contributor. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Devo is on a distinguished road Devo's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 Sep 2014 @ 09:04 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic Shinto Blend

Devo, since you have expressed interest in doing art for the oracle cards, I think you'd made a good contributor. *wink wink nudge nudge*
    I should totally be like a teen and ignore you XD Just to be obstinate.

PM sent

-Devo
    dA | FB | LJ | WP

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

In order to be able to add content to the site, you have to be added by Randall as user.
    You should be able to add me yourself through the dashboard, since I'm already in the system for the H&O WP.
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - Zapp Brannigan

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,625 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 11 December | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 6 December | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    You should be able to add me yourself through the dashboard, since I'm already in the system for the H&O WP.
    I believe I will still need your email.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast