Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 3Jan12 through 9Jan12  (Read 1949 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 3Jan12 through 9Jan12
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:23:45 pm »
Happy New Year, and welcome to 2012's first FlameKeeping Discussion thread!  We hope to see new participants and contributors to our ongoing discussions.

Topic: Divine Connection

Background reading: Sparking Flame; To Be a Spark

Questions:

How do you share your Flames?

What does it mean that everyone is already Divine and already has their own Flames? Do you let people live off their own Flames, or try to feed them off yours?

How do you live as a FlameKeeper? How do you integrate the Flames into your everyday life?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 3Jan12 through 9Jan12
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:23:27 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;37356

Questions:

My work shares my Bright Flame; I am a teacher, a trainer.  I teach others what I know based on my experiences and my training sessions are always tinged with my Flame.

My writings and discussions through this SIG and in chat share my Dark Flame.

I strive to promote Divine Order in all my actions, which brings both Flames into light and enables others to share in them.

What does it mean that everyone is already Divine and already has their own Flames? Do you let people live off their own Flames, or try to feed them off yours?

It means that each of us has Flames we must learn to nurture, both on our own and with others.  I try to feed others from my Flames in order that they learn to nurture their own, but there's always the risk I will go too far.  The trick is to help others without subverting their Flames.

How do you live as a FlameKeeper? How do you integrate the Flames into your everyday life?

My everyday is filled with Flames - my solitary musings and work feed the Dark, my outward actions and work feed the Bright.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »
What does it mean that everyone is already Divine and already has their own Flames?

To me it means that we are all connected, but that connection doesn't mean that we're the same. Every flame is fed differently, and what feeds my flames may kill someone else's. I can help them see that their flames need fuel, and show how I feed mine, but in the end they have to figure it out for themselves. It also means that there are no intercessories; someone can help someone else reach the divine, but no one is inherently incapable of doing it themselves.

Do you let people live off their own Flames, or try to feed them off yours?

I try to show people how to live off their own; I share what I do to feed mine, but I don't have enough to feed myself and others. :o I'm still too much a work in progress for that!

Honestly, this is still something I'm working on. I'm trying to learn how to take care of myself properly so that I can be functional and productive.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:51:31 pm »

I have issues sharing my Flames. I have issues with not withdrawing from people. However, I do try very hard to be a resource to people. I try to provide information to people, answer questions, share ideas, and spark thoughts. All of this brings me happiness and fulfillment- thereby stoking my flames – and others.

I also try to stoke mine and others flames with my behavior. Pushing both myself and others to grow and become prosperous. I also have a… code of ethics, for a lack of a better word. And I stick to my guns, even if it doesn’t always make me happy. I consider this a form of respect to myself and others- which goes back to that unconditional love, and therefore this.

For me, it means exactly that- we’re all Divine, whether we know it or not. It also means that everyone (that means everyone) deserves respect, because they are divine. While it can be hard to do this, it is necessary- as it is the name of the game. I don’t let others live off my flames. I can’t afford it anymore. I try to help people find their own flames. To varying degrees of success.

I am mainly focusing on the whole love/respect thing. Learning to take care of myself better has been a big deal as well. If I let myself fall into disrepair, it does nobody any good. So right now, it’s about stoking and balancing my flames. And helping others to understand my flames better (while trying to understand their’s better). Hopefully this will help me in the future to be a better practicer of unconditional love and to be more balanced overall (and therefore a better FlameKeeper).

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Shawnee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »
Yay...I already had this one done. :)

I try to be supportive of others in their dreams and goals. I'm very good at listening so  being there as a sounding board it sometimes all that is needed. Hopefully as I make positive changes in my life I can be that spark of inspiration to someone else.

Everyone having their own Flames gives each us the opportunity to tap into that energy and use it to improve our own life. I try to not to let others feed off my Flame because that depletes me. If I get depleted then I'm no good for me much less someone else. That doesn't mean I hang them out to dry but I think helping them find their own Flames is the best thing I could do.

Living as a FlameKeeper is still very hard for me because nurturing myself and my Flames is something so foreign. If I struggle with this my Flames are tiny but once I can wrap my ahead it the Flames can grow.

I'm working on being more thoughtful to others and giving smiles just because. The Flames are working when I'm taking care to make my home inviting and comfortable for family and friends. Cooking with intent, giving time to pets, taking care of the nature around are all ways I'm letting the Flames show.

Tags: