Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone know any powerful protection spells for others?  (Read 4886 times)

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Anyone know any powerful protection spells for others?
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:34:59 pm »
I can not seem to find any spells to help protect others.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Anyone know any powerful protection spells for others?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35438
I can not seem to find any spells to help protect others.

Protect others from what?  You will find some simple protection spells here in our Spell Grimoire.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:47:51 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;35439
Protect others from what?  You will find some simple protection spells here in our Spell Grimoire.

From assassination. I didn't want to get into a political debate, so I didn't want to say who.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:43 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35444
From assassination. I didn't want to get into a political debate, so I didn't want to say who.

I don't know of any specific "protection from assassination" spells, but I would think any spells designed to protect from physical harm would work. Note that if you have any real information indicating someone is a target of an assassination plot, the best thing to do is to contact the appropriate authorities and give them your information.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:56:03 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;35445
I don't know of any specific "protection from assassination" spells, but I would think any spells designed to protect from physical harm would work. Note that if you have any real information indicating someone is a target of an assassination plot, the best thing to do is to contact the appropriate authorities and give them your information.

I don't have any information on an assassination plot. I just have a concern, if he wins the election he will have a lot of enemies in the federal reserve, IRS and those who run the world banks.

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:24 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35446
I don't have any information on an assassination plot. I just have a concern, if he wins the election he will have a lot of enemies in the federal reserve, IRS and those who run the world banks.

edit:  I decided that engaging on a political level was not a helpful thing to do.

A standard spell of protection from harm ought to do you just fine, if you don't have a specific plot in mind to block.  The EC grimoire should have something of use in it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:14:06 pm by Valentine »
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 07:15:57 pm »
Quote from: Valentine;35449
edit:  I decided that engaging on a political level was not a helpful thing to do.

A standard spell of protection from harm ought to do you just fine, if you don't have a specific plot in mind to block.  The EC grimoire should have something of use in it.

I'm sorry what is "The EC grimoire"?

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 07:20:47 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35451
I'm sorry what is "The EC grimoire"?

The grimoire that RandallS linked above.  It has all sorts of basic things in it.
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:01:29 pm »
Quote from: Valentine;35452
The grimoire that RandallS linked above.  It has all sorts of basic things in it.

None of those work to protect others.

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 08:32:49 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35458
None of those work to protect others.

If you don't find them adaptable, you could always take a different approach--it sounds like your mystery man would be safer if he loses the election, for instance.  There are always a variety of solutions to any given problem, though some are better than others.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »
Quote from: Valentine;35461
If you don't find them adaptable, you could always take a different approach--it sounds like your mystery man would be safer if he loses the election, for instance.  There are always a variety of solutions to any given problem, though some are better than others.

Good point.  Also, I think we need to not indulge in conspiracy theories too much.  If for example, the politician is question were Ron Paul, an assassination is not something his opponents I think would do because it would turn him into a martyr which is the last thing they would want.  I bring up Ron Paul because I've seen a posting discussing this very topic regarding him due to his opposition to The Fed.  If the person is well-known it's hard for them to be "disappeared" because people WILL notice, and the conspiracy theories will form regardless of how possible they could be.  

This is another reason I hate Hollywood and their movies about these kinds of things - they get people to take them entirely too seriously.  In general, the more complex a plot of any kind is, the more likely it will unravel itself especially when there are more and more people that are a part of it.

Here's an extremely simple example: ever do any role-playing games as the gamemaster?  I found that damn near ALL the time something was put together to really force the players to do something for any length of time, the more likely they'd find creative ways to throw not just a money wrench, but a whole flippin toolbox into the GM's plan.  It is impossible to anticipate ALL the potential outcomes when more and more people are involved in any plan, unless said plan is extremely restrictive.  Simply put, there are too many variables to account for when it comes to real life.

As for spells, the ones mentioned here I would imagine could be easily adapted for protection with some effort.  Or you can create one yourself using other spells provided as a framework.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
Quote from: Valentine;35461

I want him to win, because I have no faith in any other candidates.

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 09:02:51 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;35467
Good point.  Also, I think we need to not indulge in conspiracy theories too much.  If for example, the politician is question were Ron Paul, an assassination is not something his opponents I think would do because it would turn him into a martyr which is the last thing they would want.  I bring up Ron Paul because I've seen a posting discussing this very topic regarding him due to his opposition to The Fed.  If the person is well-known it's hard for them to be "disappeared" because people WILL notice, and the conspiracy theories will form regardless of how possible they could be.  

This is another reason I hate Hollywood and their movies about these kinds of things - they get people to take them entirely too seriously.  In general, the more complex a plot of any kind is, the more likely it will unravel itself especially when there are more and more people that are a part of it.

Here's an extremely simple example: ever do any role-playing games as the gamemaster?  I found that damn near ALL the time something was put together to really force the players to do something for any length of time, the more likely they'd find creative ways to throw not just a money wrench, but a whole flippin toolbox into the GM's plan.  It is impossible to anticipate ALL the potential outcomes when more and more people are involved in any plan, unless said plan is extremely restrictive.  Simply put, there are too many variables to account for when it comes to real life.

As for spells, the ones mentioned here I would imagine could be easily adapted for protection with some effort.  Or you can create one yourself using other spells provided as a framework.

The person I was referring to is indeed Ron Paul. I get what you are saying though. JFK was assassinated, but than again that was a different time and people were very different back than and much more trusting of the government, at least I believe they were.

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35468
I want him to win, because I have no faith in any other candidates.

You are aware of his views on people of African descent, Jews, and so on, yes?  And his associations with the white supremacist militia movement?  Because I wish the man no harm, but the thought of him in office turns my stomach.  
I don't feel much safer about most of the other candidates, to be fair, but I'm never going to be cheerful about a man with the enthusiastic endorsement of the KKK.

Best of luck with your spell.  I'm sure he'll be fine.  He's made it this long.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 12:24:11 am »
Quote from: DerickVonD;35470
The person I was referring to is indeed Ron Paul. I get what you are saying though. JFK was assassinated, but than again that was a different time and people were very different back than and much more trusting of the government, at least I believe they were.

Yeah, in the JFK case, I do think there is A LOT more going on with it.  That is a conspiracy that I actually DO buy into.  The reason being is if there is a government conspiracy, I think they have a habit of doing an exceptionally poor job of covering any tracks, not to mention carrying much of anything out.  But I digress a bit..

I think Ron Paul will be fine.  Agree with him or not (and I'm not saying I'm in his camp or not), he has some very vocal supporters that are EXTREMELY loyal and supportive of him.  If something was done to him, he'd be an instant martyr and there would be tons of people screaming about it and giving him an even louder voice that could never be silenced.  That is the last thing his opponents want - they've demonstrated it by trying to not give him any attention and not giving any support whatsoever.  They need to discredit him way more than silence him forcibly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:25:54 am by Etheric1 »
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Tags: