Last Online
    25 Dec 2013 @ 08:40 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

Re: Therian identity

Quote Originally Posted by chthonic-me View Post
    Awesome. I hope that works out for you then. I'm curious what result you get.
    I completed my meditation. I got some interesting results. Though I am tempted to tell you to PM me instead of posting a rather personal result to my meditation here, instead of risk my testimony getting shot down and/or refuted.

Conformity is the death of individualism

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered
    monsnoleedra is on a distinguished road monsnoleedra's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Sep 2012 @ 04:10 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Shamanic & Green/hedge Witchcraft

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw393 View Post
    I completed my meditation. I got some interesting results. Though I am tempted to tell you to PM me instead of posting a rather personal result to my meditation here, instead of risk my testimony getting shot down and/or refuted.
    That's to bad I was sort of interested in your results. Though I personaly do not see how someone could refute your conclusion. Challenge them or you perhaps in your conclusions or deductions but maybe that is just my age and background speaking for we were all taught to question everything.

Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    spoOk is on a distinguished road spoOk's Avatar
    Last Online
    19 Sep 2013 @ 10:46 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    some kinda moon worship

I could swear I put a reply in here right after monosoleedra(sp!!), booo!
    Internet ate my post!

well in a nut shell...I was going to say I agreed about the therein element being completely different than a totem animal/spirit guide.
    I am one of those who beleive my soul is not human.
    mine I beleive is distinctly canine,but not wolf....I'm pretty certain I'm more like a feral dog or stray dog. untamed,but living near to or among civilization.
    couches are comfy and junk food is yummy,but leashes and collars I'm not interested in.
    etc.
    and yes I've always known....but for a time thought I was wolf,but it never felt right.
    anyhow....hope this reply sticks.
    Ize bel zafen.
    Ize bel daleen.

Journeyman Achievements:
    Created Album pictures500 Experience Points3 months registered
    Miss is on a distinguished road Miss's Avatar
    Last Online
    27 Feb 2012 @ 07:15 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Still on a Journey to identify that better

Giving you helpful information to clarify your feelings is not meant to just shoot you down, it's meant for you to critically think about your experiences.

1000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    outlaw393 can only hope to improve outlaw393's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by spoOk View Post
    I could swear I put a reply in here right after monosoleedra(sp!!), booo!
    Internet ate my post!

well in a nut shell...I was going to say I agreed about the therein element being completely different than a totem animal/spirit guide.
    I am one of those who beleive my soul is not human.
    mine I beleive is distinctly canine,but not wolf....I'm pretty certain I'm more like a feral dog or stray dog. untamed,but living near to or among civilization.
    couches are comfy and junk food is yummy,but leashes and collars I'm not interested in. etc. and yes I've always known....but for a time thought I was wolf,but it never felt right. anyhow....hope this reply sticks.
    I've known for years that my soul is not human. I am Otherkin. Just exploring now what kind of Otherkin I am. Apparently I've had numerous past lives that are coming through now.

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

Red face Re: Therian identity

Quote Originally Posted by monsnoleedra View Post
    That's to bad I was sort of interested in your results. Though I personally do not see how someone could refute your conclusion. Challenge them or you perhaps in your conclusions or deductions but maybe that is just my age and background speaking for we were all taught to question everything.
    Well, I suppose, at the risk of being "challenged", which I don't like at all, by the way.

I did the meditation which chthonic_me suggested. I basically entered a trance, and I called out telepathically to all of my animal guides: "If there are any of my animal guides who are a part of me, would you please make yourself known." I felt a presence then of an animal, and I knew it was one of my very powerful totems that's been with me my whole life: the Wolf. He was large and grey and had these piercing yellow eyes. The wolf spoke to me the entire time he was there, though now I cannot remember what was said. He basically spoke me through the meditation. For some reason when I'm in trance I cannot remember dialogue, this applies to dreams sometimes as well.

For the second phase of the meditation, the wolf came up and sat directly in front of me, and this is when I had my first ever phase-shift. I felt fur cover my entire body, including my face. That was a strange sensation, something I've never felt before. I felt claws come out of my fingers, ears out of the top of my head, and a tail. This phase-shift lasted for a while, as I stayed in meditation and enjoyed the sensation.

I did not plan on a certain animal, though going into this I had a pretty good idea who was going to show up. I tried to keep an open mind. Also the p-shift was completely out of the blue and it startled me. But the animal talked me through it.

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry's Avatar
    Last Online
    21 Oct 2014 @ 09:54 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Heathenry & Whimsy.

Well, I suppose, at the risk of being "challenged", which I don't like at all, by the
    So now that you know, what are you going to do with it? How is your life and practice going to change? How is it going to serve you?
    Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test before the lesson.

Nova Went Berserk

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Juniperberry View Post
    So now that you know, what are you going to do with it? How is your life and practice going to change? How is it going to serve you?
    What it does for me is explains a lot, like my choice of career, some of my behaviors, and some of my fiercest beliefs. How is my life and practice going to change? I don't foresee it changing a whole lot, except perhaps bringing me closer to the wolf. There's not a whole lot an animal identity can serve anyone in a human society.

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry is a jewel in the rough Juniperberry's Avatar
    Last Online
    21 Oct 2014 @ 09:54 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Heathenry & Whimsy.

What it does for me is explains a lot, like my choice of career, some of my behaviors, and some of my fiercest beliefs. How is my life and practice going to change? I don't foresee it changing a whole lot, except perhaps bringing me closer to the wolf. There's not a whole lot an animal identity can serve anyone in a human society.

Oh. I thought there was more to it than that. Don't most therians belief they will reincarnated as that animal? I figured that would be something you had considered? Also, what about the shamanic aspects? It just seemed like it'd be a huge commitment in adjusting how you view the world and relate to it and how your animal soul fits into the spiritual framework you work with.

But if its just a matter of being able to say that you're a wolf and life goes on, that's cool.
    Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test before the lesson.

Nova Went Berserk

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Christian-Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Juniperberry View Post
    Oh. I thought there was more to it than that. Don't most therians belief they will reincarnated as that animal? I figured that would be something you had considered? Also, what about the shamanic aspects? It just seemed like it'd be a huge commitment in adjusting how you view the world and relate to it and how your animal soul fits into the spiritual framework you work with.

But if its just a matter of being able to say that you're a wolf and life goes on, that's cool.
    I'm not sure if it's reincarnated as that animal or if it's a past life thing. I tend to think it's probably a past-life carry over. It would explain why I carry so many of the wolf traits in my life now.

Nothing would change in my spiritual beliefs. Since my beliefs are already nature based, animal friendly and environmentalist. Though now I may do things politically to "go to bat" for wolves more often. They seem to be the target of fear based campaigns, such as hunts and such.

My boyfriend is a wolf. Though I feel reluctant to break the news to him. I know he wouldn't make fun of me or anything, it just feels weird to tell a wolf that his girl is a wolf too. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast