Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Therian identity  (Read 8406 times)

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Therian identity
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 12:25:55 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;35219
That's to bad I was sort of interested in your results.  Though I personally do not see how someone could refute your conclusion.  Challenge them or you perhaps in your conclusions or deductions but maybe that is just my age and background speaking for we were all taught to question everything.

Well, I suppose, at the risk of being "challenged", which I don't like at all, by the way.

I did the meditation which chthonic_me suggested. I basically entered a trance, and I called out telepathically to all of my animal guides: "If there are any of my animal guides who are a part of me, would you please make yourself known." I felt a presence then of an animal, and I knew it was one of my very powerful totems that's been with me my whole life: the Wolf. He was large and grey and had these piercing yellow eyes. The wolf spoke to me the entire time he was there, though now I cannot remember what was said. He basically spoke me through the meditation. For some reason when I'm in trance I cannot remember dialogue, this applies to dreams sometimes as well.

For the second phase of the meditation, the wolf came up and sat directly in front of me, and this is when I had my first ever phase-shift. I felt fur cover my entire body, including my face. That was a strange sensation, something I've never felt before. I felt claws come out of my fingers, ears out of the top of my head, and a tail. This phase-shift lasted for a while, as I stayed in meditation and enjoyed the sensation.

I did not plan on a certain animal, though going into this I had a pretty good idea who was going to show up. I tried to keep an open mind. Also the p-shift was completely out of the blue and it startled me. But the animal talked me through it. :)
Conformity is the death of individualism

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 12:40:31 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35251
Well, I suppose, at the risk of being "challenged", which I don't like at all, by the

So now that you know, what are you going to do with it? How is your life and practice going to change? How is it going to serve you?
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 12:52:52 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;35254
So now that you know, what are you going to do with it? How is your life and practice going to change? How is it going to serve you?

What it does for me is explains a lot, like my choice of career, some of my behaviors, and some of my fiercest beliefs. How is my life and practice going to change? I don't foresee it changing a whole lot, except perhaps bringing me closer to the wolf. There's not a whole lot an animal identity can serve anyone in a human society.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35255
What it does for me is explains a lot, like my choice of career, some of my behaviors, and some of my fiercest beliefs. How is my life and practice going to change? I don't foresee it changing a whole lot, except perhaps bringing me closer to the wolf. There's not a whole lot an animal identity can serve anyone in a human society.

Oh. I thought there was more to it than that. Don't most therians belief they will reincarnated as that animal? I figured that would be something you had considered? Also, what about the shamanic aspects? It just seemed like it'd be a huge commitment in adjusting how you view the world and relate to it and how your animal soul fits into the spiritual framework you work with.

But if its just a matter of being able to say that you're a wolf and life goes on, that's cool. :)
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 01:31:48 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;35258
Oh. I thought there was more to it than that. Don't most therians belief they will reincarnated as that animal? I figured that would be something you had considered? Also, what about the shamanic aspects? It just seemed like it'd be a huge commitment in adjusting how you view the world and relate to it and how your animal soul fits into the spiritual framework you work with.

But if its just a matter of being able to say that you're a wolf and life goes on, that's cool. :)

I'm not sure if it's reincarnated as that animal or if it's a past life thing. I tend to think it's probably a past-life carry over. It would explain why I carry so many of the wolf traits in my life now.

Nothing would change in my spiritual beliefs. Since my beliefs are already nature based, animal friendly and environmentalist. Though now I may do things politically to "go to bat" for wolves more often. They seem to be the target of fear based campaigns, such as hunts and such.

My boyfriend is a wolf. Though I feel reluctant to break the news to him. I know he wouldn't make fun of me or anything, it just feels weird to tell a wolf that his girl is a wolf too. :P

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 02:16:52 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35261
I'm not sure if it's reincarnated as that animal or if it's a past life thing. I tend to think it's probably a past-life carry over. It would explain why I carry so many of the wolf traits in my life now.

Nothing would change in my spiritual beliefs. Since my beliefs are already nature based, animal friendly and environmentalist. Though now I may do things politically to "go to bat" for wolves more often. They seem to be the target of fear based campaigns, such as hunts and such.

My boyfriend is a wolf. Though I feel reluctant to break the news to him. I know he wouldn't make fun of me or anything, it just feels weird to tell a wolf that his girl is a wolf too. :P

Well, I'm glad you were able to discover a bit more about yourself for a more complete identity. :)

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 02:39:09 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;35271
Well, I'm glad you were able to discover a bit more about yourself for a more complete identity. :)

Well, thanks. :)

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 10:12:09 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;35271

Any advice for the situation with my boyfriend? Should I tell him...I'm not sure why I feel so hesitant. Perhaps because I'm new to all of this.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 10:39:26 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35326
Any advice for the situation with my boyfriend? Should I tell him...I'm not sure why I feel so hesitant. Perhaps because I'm new to all of this.

Are you hesitant maybe because you're worried that he'll think you're just trying to fit in with him or something? Has he made you feel like your experiences or insights are inferior?

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35326

Just remember from a shamanic point of view Wolf is the pack and the pack is wolf.  To not tell him is to use contrary medicine of the wolf and run in the weakness of the individual with out the strength and support of the pack.

Just remember Wolf is the element of water and moves with fluidity of movement.  It finds strength in its ability to penetrate even the supposed inpenterable places though it may take time and patience to do so.  It changes shape and density as the environment acts upon it but always remains true to itself even though its external face may appear to change.  Yet because it is of the water it knows its body and essence pull to the moon and rotation of the celestial wheel and is never at rest even though its surface may appear stagnate and unmoving.

The only thing I would advise in telling him is to remember some wear the fur and call themselves wolf.  Some carry the heart and hear it beat and know they are the wolf.  Some smell the air and taste the scent of the land and pulse of life and fell they are the wolf.  Some look through the eyes and see not only the forest but each part of the life cycle and see as the wolf.  Then for a few they hear the call of the moon, raise their voices and become the wolf and run and hunt with the pack.

It is up to you to decide which facet of the beast you shall become.  It is up to you to decide if he truly is of the wolf and if the pack is stronger by letting him know.

BUt of course these are just my opinions so it is up to you to take what you desire from it or leave it.

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;35330
Are you hesitant maybe because you're worried that he'll think you're just trying to fit in with him or something? Has he made you feel like your experiences or insights are inferior?

Well he did tell me once that he didn't think that I am a wolf. But then again I've never behaved like one around him. Versus him, he can become quite wolf-like sometimes. I tend to be more reserved and tend to keep a lid on my emotions and stuff like that. I may have a wild side, or feel the urge to howl at the moon (not something I've done in years!) or run wild into the night, but I keep a lid on it because I tend to think it's a bit silly. Not to mention wolves howl at the moon to communicate with each other. Who am I going to communicate with? :P

And yes, I do worry he might dismiss me because he might think I'm trying to fit in with him.

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 10:58:51 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;35332
Well he did tell me once that he didn't think that I am a wolf. But then again I've never behaved like one around him. Versus him, he can become quite wolf-like sometimes. I tend to be more reserved and tend to keep a lid on my emotions and stuff like that. I may have a wild side, or feel the urge to howl at the moon (not something I've done in years!) or run wild into the night, but I keep a lid on it because I tend to think it's a bit silly. Not to mention wolves howl at the moon to communicate with each other. Who am I going to communicate with? :P

And yes, I do worry he might dismiss me because he might think I'm trying to fit in with him.

Sometimes we howl to hear ourselves think, other times to step outside of ourselves and hear the echo and its clarity.  Many times simply to know we are not alone I think, for though we may hunt outside of the immediate pack we still move with the goal and needs of the pack.

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:01 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;35331
Just remember Wolf is the element of water and moves with fluidity of movement.  It finds strength in its ability to penetrate even the supposed impenetrable places though it may take time and patience to do so.  It changes shape and density as the environment acts upon it but always remains true to itself even though its external face may appear to change.  Yet because it is of the water it knows its body and essence pull to the moon and rotation of the celestial wheel and is never at rest even though its surface may appear stagnate and unmoving.

You know I read your response one more time and realized one thing I found interesting. You mentioned water and I was born under a water sign. I am a pisces. Not sure that has anything to do with it, but interesting nonetheless. :)

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 02:15:32 am »
Quote from: outlaw393;35507
You know I read your response one more time and realized one thing I found interesting. You mentioned water and I was born under a water sign. I am a pisces. Not sure that has anything to do with it, but interesting nonetheless. :)

I'm not Therian but I was danced into the Wolf Clan and marked on a journey.  However, I to was born a Pisces (regardless of which zodiac one uses), two of my Totems / Guides are Heron and Dragon Fly (Damsel Fly), my Spirit Guide is an Oriental Dragon (Oriental dragons are associated with water), I migrate to water when troubled or want to meditate and served in the Navy for 23 years.

For me personaly water is a key element in all facets of my life.

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 10:43:53 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;35512
I'm not Therian but I was danced into the Wolf Clan and marked on a journey.  However, I to was born a Pisces (regardless of which zodiac one uses), two of my Totems / Guides are Heron and Dragon Fly (Damsel Fly), my Spirit Guide is an Oriental Dragon (Oriental dragons are associated with water), I migrate to water when troubled or want to meditate and served in the Navy for 23 years.

For me personaly water is a key element in all facets of my life.

Two of my other totems are Dolphin and Sea Horse. I live near a river that I like to take my bicycle to once in a while, it's peaceful there. Not to mention we also live near a bunch of lakes as well. :)

I've thought about serving in the Navy myself. But since I'd never survive basic training and don't want to give up 5 years of my life, that's not really an option for me.

Tags: