"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Voice of Love  (Read 2427 times)

entwife

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: ecclectic
Voice of Love
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:59:37 pm »
“Heady with the scent of Love,

Dancing in every glowing shade,

I sing of every grace found above.

Though I wither,

True Beauty will never fade.

I will cool your fevered soul,

soothe a sore throat,

help fill your bowl,

lift your spirits and open your heart.

Gentle as a twilight breeze,

yet beware my thorny dart!”
[/SIZE][/FONT]

For those new to this poetic riddle game, each singing poem is inspired by a Teacher found in Nature; a star, stone, plant, animal, etc that holds lessons of Wisdom for us. For those who have played these rounds before... do you remember who is singing here? :)
Wishing you laughter

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Voice of Love
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:42:24 am »
Quote from: entwife;1793

I'm going to guess.... Rose?
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

entwife

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;1812
I'm going to guess.... Rose?

Got it in one, well done :o) :cool:
Wishing you laughter

entwife

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »
Quote from: entwife;1793
“Heady with the scent of Love,

Dancing in every glowing shade,

I sing of every grace found above.

Though I wither,

True Beauty will never fade.

I will cool your fevered soul,

soothe a sore throat,

help fill your bowl,

lift your spirits and open your heart.

Gentle as a twilight breeze,

yet beware my thorny dart!”
[/SIZE][/FONT]

“Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” Franklin P. Jones

“Everything is created from moment to moment, always new. Like fireworks, this universe is a celebration and you are the spectator contemplating the eternal Fourth of July of your absolute splendor.” Francis Lucille

“There is nothing boring about a classic.” Lewis Farrell, “Bed of Roses”

I believe it may very well be universal knowledge that sending or receiving red roses is a declaration of love. Roses have much more to say to us than just this single declaration, powerful as it is, and it is a shame that more people don’t make the effort to become fluent with the language of Roses. Within the Language of Flowers lies the Language of Roses, a dialect all their own, rife with meanings. What one conveys with this magical flower depends on the color, arrangement, number, or condition of the roses; sending a single bud, full bloom or dead rose changes the message significantly!

A bouquet of mixed roses, for example, would express to the receiver that “you mean everything to me”. Red roses represent love and passion; a bud for passions and love just beginning or a full bloom for the variety that is “Love above all. No… not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that… over-throws life! Unbiddable, ungovernable – like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture!” (Shakespeare in Love). Two roses entwined together represent an engagement or union.

White roses represent purity, blessings, divinity, loyalty or innocence. Mixed white and red represents unity. Yellow roses can represent jealousy, but more commonly represents joy and friendship. Yellow roses tipped with red can represent friendship blossoming into love. Red and Yellow roses mixed in a bouquet are an invitation to join the fun, or simply happiness. Orange or Coral roses represent desire and fascination. Light pink roses are to express sympathy or fondness, but dark pink roses are sent to express gratitude or appreciation.

Lavender or Sterling roses, my particular favorites, come in their own varying shades of delicate color. Those that are more purple in hue would be used to express love at first sight, fairy magic, or being enchanted by whomever inspired you to send it, while those more blue in shade would express fantasy, the spirit world, or the unattainable. Silvery Sterling roses, silver being the traditional color of the soul or spiritual matters, would lend themselves well to expressions of soulful intent.

Continuing through the uses of color, rare chartreuse roses would celebrate coming into a fortune or healing. You could easily have roses dyed, but natural is usually best in my opinion. While there are no true black roses, they can be dyed, and you can even find places where you can send a bouquet of dead roses! Black is the traditional color of wisdom, but sending black or dead roses would typically represent death or ill intent. This device has been used in theater, film, other media and even real life.

However, sending dead roses takes on its own meaning to those who consider themselves a part of the Goth subculture, and would certainly be viewed much more favorably! A dozen dead red roses sent in this expression might more truly mean “my love is eternal, my desire for your beauty will never fade”, a Romeo and Juliet bouquet if you will. To the knowledgeable, you might even send dead roses to help someone celebrate the death of a bad situation! Yes, Mixing of colors and kinds changes everything!

“Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.” Amy Bloom

The Rose has been intimately connected with Love and matters of the heart for centuries. For this reason, it most often appears at weddings, engagements, bridal showers, valentine’s day and anniversaries. The 1996 film “Bed of Roses” wonderfully captures the overwhelming power of love that sparks instantly, its healing ways on body and soul, and the divine balm that Love and Roses bring when Love moves from the fantastical to the inner chambers of the soul. In this film, Alice is a very isolated woman; abandoned as a child by her own mother and then again when her adopted mother dies, unloved by the grief-stricken adoptive father, and near friendless as an adult, Alice structures her life to remain untouched by the thorns that Love so often bears.

Lewis has had an abundance of love in his life, but the loss of his childhood sweetheart and their baby early in their marriage has left him isolated in his own little world too. Until, one night he looks up and sees Alice in her window stricken by grief. Their story of overcoming the fear of Love to be healed by this powerful emotion and find contentment is not an easy one, which is perhaps why I adore it so. It perfectly captures the magic of “love at first sight” and the many wounds and sacrifices that come with a true marriage.

Love is a terrible vulnerability and no one can hurt you like those you love. It requires great trust, faith, confidence, and courage to truly love someone, whether that someone is yourself, your family, your friends, or simply the world in general. Alice is a woman so wounded that it is questionable whether she has these vital qualities needed to keep the love that found her.

True Love, however it may arrive in your life, is rare perhaps only because it requires such a perfection of honesty, generosity, integrity, peace, wisdom, and harmony to fully blossom. True Love is an ever-unfolding kaleidoscope between two people. It gives as much as it requires. Universal Love is perhaps the only thing more rare than the True Love found between two people simply because it transcends the relationship between two individuals and applies all the same qualities to every member of Humanity and the World that contains us.

There are many moments of selfless beauty and quiet enchantment perfectly expressed through the shifting colors of the magical Sterling Rose that were marvelously captured by the “Bed of Roses” film. Lewis sorting through every scintillating lavender rose in the city as he lovingly crafts endless bouquets of perfection for the new love that could resurrect him from the ashes of his own despair is an awe-inspiring sight. Alice’s stunned and fearful confusion as she sits in a room without space for one more bloom, while comical, is also a chilling thought when you realize that this would most likely be everyone first reaction to so much love being directed at us so earnestly.

Through the film, Alice learns that it is not Love she truly fears though… it is herself. Alice fears her ability to return love equally as much as she fears opening herself to the possible miracle and inevitable pain of love. She doubts her worthiness of such perfection as much as she doubts the perfection itself.

When speaking of sterling roses, a thorn-less rose, Alice says that she almost prefers the roses with thorns as they are too perfect to be real without them. A poetic reminder of this “forge-tested” woman’s familiarity with pain. Lewis and his roses open the door for the deep healing that the soul-wounded Alice needs, which gains her the wisdom of the Sterling Rose… Love without thorns is magical perfection. In the end, this gives her the courage to face her worst fears and embrace love honestly.

We all carry burdens. We all go through trials and varying degrees of pain. The thorn-less rose reminds us that when we are at the end of our rope, emotionally exhausted, and beyond all hope… love still embraces us in its gentle perfection, waiting to be remembered as one of the many natural and healing gifts of Life. All that you know could crumble around you, but if your heart still brims with love for Self and World you would never feel poor, isolated or bereft. Love is not something that begins or ends with any individual, it simply is, like any other element or energy in Life. When we open ourselves to this reality, the miraculous becomes an every day occurrence, and anything is possible.

“The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around…. Throughout history, “tender loving care” has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing." Larry Dossey

“If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?” Unknown

Now, because it is so commonly paired with Love, the rose in her many splendors is also strongly associated with romance, sex and fertility. These were all once considered aspects of Love equally desirable in any marriage. The first appearance of rosewater was between 1582 and 1612 as the oil or "otto’ of roses in Persia used at wedding feasts for the Grand Moguls. It is said that at the wedding of a certain princess and an emperor, a canal was dug that encircled an entire garden.

This canal was then filled with water and fragrant rose petals for the bridal couple who discovered that the heat of the sun separated the rose’s essential oil onto the surface of the water. This oil was then skimmed off and prized ever after as a heavenly perfume which is used to this day for inspiring all that the Rose symbolizes… love, romance, fertility, desire, celebration, ceremony, etc etc. A lover’s trail of petals from door to bed is another frequently employed symbol that re-enforces this flowers devotion to Aphrodite, Eros, Bacchus and similar sensual deities. Roses, like their cousin the Apple, are also associated with the goddesses Brighid and Freya.

The roses used in medicine are typically any of the scented roses that bear a deep red or rose tint. After the second blooming in the fall, bulbs form on the stems of the rose just below where each flower bloomed. These swellings will round out and gradually turn an orangey-red, when they are considered ripe and can be harvested.

When you harvest rosehips, you cut off the tops and bottoms, slice in half, deseed, and then rinse the hips in preparation for storage. You can preserve hips in a variety of ways. One of the simplest is to store them in an airtight container in the freezer until needed, and I can tell you that if you have stored them properly they retain all their medicinal benefits as well as their sweet-tart taste. Ask me for my Earthy Goodness Casserole recipe sometime!

Over the years, roses and their fruit have been used to create syrup, perfume, oil, confectionary, cordial, conserve (jam/jelly), all sorts of cooked dishes, ungents/lotion, gargles, bandages, poultice, eyewash, candles, baths/potpurri, and liquers. These have been used medicinally for: fevers, jaundice, jointaches, headaches, fainting, dry skin, cuts and sores, weakness and trembling of the heart, weak stomach, to promote good digestion, to cool an over-heated liver, hot inflammations or swellings, sore throats, to cool tempers, qwell nervousness, restlessness, insomnia and all nervous complaints, as well as being a comfort and strength to the heart and spirit. Rosehips and even untreated rose petals make a deliscious and healthy treat that should be part of everyone’s diet!

It isn’t always easy to celebrate your life in the moment, or occasionally even to find a reason to celebrate… But, the beautiful face of the Rose in a handful of Wildflowers is my favorite bouquet any day! A fabulous reminder to both enjoy and learn from life. Being mindful of what you carry forward with you into each moment is half the battle. The Rose is Nature’s many splendor-ed reminder to do so always with Love and Blessings. What are you passionate about in Life? What does this emblem of Spirit mean to you? How do Roses appear in your life?

“Every now and then everybody is entitled to too much perfection.” ~ Lewis Farrell, “Bed of Roses”

“To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, you haven’t lived a life at all. Stay open. Lightning could strike.” Bill, “Meet Joe Black”

Potential Balancers: Oh so many! Animals like Dogs and other canines, deer, elk, cattle, horses, rabbits, snakes and other reptiles, porcupines, bears, or earthworms. Birds like doves, crows, thrushes, hummingbirds, cardinals and sparrows. Insects like Bees, ants, flies, lepidoptera, spiders, or ladybirds. Other plants or trees like pine, ivy, apples, cherries, lady's mantle, rowan, hawthorns, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, almonds, strawberries and meadowsweets. The Sun, Moon, Venus, Rainbows, Water, Air, Earth, Fire. Stones like Rose quartz, emerald, moonstone, lapis lazuli, or jade

Key Concepts: Love, Beauty, Youth, Health, Death, Healing, Communication/Messages, Blessings, Natural Magic, Miracles
Wishing you laughter

Tags: