"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: First Quarter Moon Rituals  (Read 4000 times)

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
First Quarter Moon Rituals
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;32708

About Dot Com has everything on it. This place has helped me cobble together quite a few rituals, thank you very much.

As far as thoughts... Uh... I had the same thoughts too but haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do yet? :ashamed: I know I'm not much help, but maybe, at least, the website will give you an idea or two.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Rowanfox

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;32708
So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

YMMV, but it is something to ponder.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »
Quote from: Rowanfox;32738

For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

Thanks for this. It really connected with my brain. I appreciate it!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »
Quote from: Rowanfox;32738
Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

That is definately something that I'll think about. Thanks!

Tags: