+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Journeyman Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Tamina is on a distinguished road Tamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    24 Jun 2014 @ 06:07 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Southern Louisana
    Religion
    Eclectic Polythiest Witch
    Posts
    181

    First Quarter Moon Rituals

    So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

    After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

    But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

    Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)


  2. #2
    Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsYour first GroupTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    SatSekhem is on a distinguished road SatSekhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2013 @ 06:31 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Religion
    Recon-Slanted Kemetic; Solitary Voodooist
    Posts
    995

    Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamina View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)
    About Dot Com has everything on it. This place has helped me cobble together quite a few rituals, thank you very much.

    As far as thoughts... Uh... I had the same thoughts too but haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do yet? I know I'm not much help, but maybe, at least, the website will give you an idea or two.
    Religious Blog
    Regular Blog

    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

  3. #3
    Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Rowanfox is on a distinguished road Rowanfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    11 Jan 2012 @ 10:42 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Religion
    Gardnerian
    Posts
    65

    Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamina View Post
    So... I woke this morning with the knowledge that I had to so something tonight.

    After messing around for a while, I checked the moon phase to realize that it's the First Quarter tonight. I'm pretty sure that this push is coming from Hecate, she's been poking me a lot lately.

    But I can't really find anything for the first quarter, and a lot of the info I'm finding is pretty much contradicting. It's frustrating.

    Does anyone have any thoughts? (Any info is helpful.)
    Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

    This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

    For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

    YMMV, but it is something to ponder.

  4. #4
    Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsYour first GroupTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    SatSekhem is on a distinguished road SatSekhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2013 @ 06:31 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Religion
    Recon-Slanted Kemetic; Solitary Voodooist
    Posts
    995

    Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowanfox View Post
    ...

    For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

    YMMV, but it is something to ponder.
    Thanks for this. It really connected with my brain. I appreciate it!
    Religious Blog
    Regular Blog

    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

  5. #5
    Journeyman Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Tamina is on a distinguished road Tamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    24 Jun 2014 @ 06:07 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Southern Louisana
    Religion
    Eclectic Polythiest Witch
    Posts
    181

    Re: First Quarter Moon Rituals

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowanfox View Post
    Before I was a Gard I was a garden variety hedge witch. For me the phases of the moon were like the swinging of a pendulum, so that the full and new moons represented to me the time of stillness magically, rather than movement. And the quarter moons, both waxing and waning, were the times of the most "movement " or power, as if at the bottom of the pendulum swing.

    This is not unlike the tides, where the high or low tide is a kind of still time, but the halfway points a much more about movement and power.

    For that reason most of my physical magic, any that needed to manifest in the world, I would do during these phases of the moon. I saved the new and full moon phases for internal or self affecting magical work.

    YMMV, but it is something to ponder.
    That is definately something that I'll think about. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. New Moon Celtic Deity (or just General Moon Deity)?
    By Tamina in forum Gods, Goddesses, and Mythology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27 Oct 2011, 01:21 PM
  2. Moon Mother
    By Zarias in forum Art, Poetry and Writing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16 Oct 2011, 10:53 AM
  3. rituals a must have?
    By addy in forum Miscellaneous Religious Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13 Sep 2011, 04:57 PM
  4. What rituals do you perform?
    By SatAset in forum Worship and Ritual
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22 Aug 2011, 01:48 PM
  5. Moving rituals
    By Jenett in forum Faith in Everyday Life
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24 Jul 2011, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts