collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Who's your patron  (Read 4002 times)

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Who's your patron
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:59:25 am »
Mine is Amaethon Welsh God of Agriculture, but I also honor Cerridwen & Arianhrod.
[Now using the Cryfder account]

spoOk

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who's your patron
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:06 am »
Quote from: Celtag;32621
Mine is Amaethon Welsh God of Agriculture, but I also honor Cerridwen & Arianhrod.

I've always wondered what counts as a patron deity?
or I guess, how does one qualify as having a patron deity,or go about getting one?

I deal with a few deitys,but I wouldn't know if one of them is what you call a patron deity.

(srry not meaning to hijack thread,didn't notice it was posted in a SIG till I hit send!)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:11:03 am by spoOk »
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 02:28:38 am »
Quote from: spoOk;32622
or I guess, how does one qualify as having a patron deity,or go about getting one?

I deal with a few deitys,but I wouldn't know if one of them is what you call a patron deity.

(srry not meaning to hijack thread,didn't notice it was posted in a SIG till I hit send!)
Your fine, no worries. I believe a patron to be one main deity you can look to and learn from and has the most impact in your life. It's not that other deities do not have impacts, but with a patron there is a special bond that one makes. That is how it is with Amaethon, to me he is a someone I looked to for answers and guidance and he always gives me a quick kick in the pants when I start to stray off my path. He's like a really good friend that's not afraid to tell you the truth and give advise whether you want to hear it or not.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:30:57 am by Celtag »
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Vella Malachite

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 10:15:28 am »
Quote from: spoOk;32622

You're fine.  Perfectly good question.  My patron deity is Manannan, because I dedicated myself to him after getting some significant hints, but one does not need a patron deity, and it doesn't happen to everyone.  I suppose a patron deity is one specific deity who looks in on a person's life and takes more charge of them than any other deities.  I think a patron-client (correct term?) relationship requires a sort of agreement; a promise of special effort on the person's side and a promise of special attention on the deity's side, though I might be wrong/other people might have different views.
The human brain is an amazing thing: it works twenty-four hours a day, every day from before we are born - except when we take exams.
If everything\'s under control, you\'re going too slowly.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:28 am »

Sekhmet. I also honor Hwt-Hrw, but she's mostly my patron in the magic business.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Who's your patron
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »

I belong to Brighid, heart and soul, but I also worship Mannannan, Lugh, Aengus, and the Morrigan.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Fagan_the_Pagan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;33230
I belong to Brighid, heart and soul, but I also worship Mannannan, Lugh, Aengus, and the Morrigan.

It's Brighid for me too.  There are others I honor from time to time, such as Ogma, Lugh, Cernunnos, and even some from other pantheons, like Mercury and Persephone.
(/|\\)  Fire in the Head: My Blog on Matters Spiritual, Political, or otherwise important to me.
Bardistry Wandworks: My Etsy shop for wands, athames, and other pagan crafts.

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 01:39:39 am »

My Patron would be Hecate, by virtue of a loud "pay the hell attention when I'm talking to you." I think she took an intetest in me when I dedicated myself to my new belief system while shaking off my old religiuos baggage in my first ritual on the Dark Moon in Oct.

I am actively trying to cultivate a relationship with Cerridwen and Arianhrod. I'm waiting for one of them to either tell me to knock it the hell off or continue to put up with me.

I think out was you who brought them to my attention. :)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 01:56:05 am »

Going by the definition of patron as 'the god you honor who has direct influence over an area particular in which you work', Brighid is my patron. I'm a writer. The fire in my head is from Her.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:03 pm »
Quote from: Morag;33288
The fire in my head is from Her.

I like that description.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Senola Kari

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »

Inanna/Ishtar, Kali, Mary, and Ereshkigal, and based upon a sign I received, I would like to look into Selkhet.

I honor also Kwan Yin. As for the Gods, I am drawn to Tammuz, Zhongkui, and the Buddha.
Please light a candle at my shrine to Ishtar and Tammuz. http://nshrine.com/shrine/IshtarAndTammuz

sparrow

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 05:53:29 pm »

Epona, very recently. :)

2greyhounds

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Who's your patron
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »
Quote from: sparrow;33583
Epona, very recently. :)

Diana,
also all of my experiences have been recently. I aso have a number of spirit guides that I do not have as much contact with: Mary, The Buddha, Adrastia, Thoth, Merlin, a Centaur and a couple animal spirit gudes and ArchAngel Gabriel. I also have been scolded by General Custer-dont ask!  
Since all this started I equate myself very well with Alice in wonderland!

SilverOak

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:42 pm »

Mine are Cernunnos and Rhiannon, but I'm also close to Lugh and Brighid.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Malkin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 01:44:23 am »

Oengus, through and through. He pretty much saved my life, so I think that qualifies.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:45:18 am by Malkin »

Tags: