Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: My depression is destroying my relationship...  (Read 3320 times)

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
My depression is destroying my relationship...
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »
My depression has gotten exponentially worse the past few weeks.  I'm not interested in anything, I have no motivation to try to do anything, and my anxiety is also getting worse.  My boyfriend is the kind of person that likes to go out and do stuff, and with my lack of interest and the lack of improvement (with the depression and anxiety), he's lost his patience.  He's been very patient and supportive for three years, and it's unfair to him to make him deal with my problems on top of his own.  Anything you can spare would be appreciated.  I'm at the breaking point, and I don't wanna lose him over my problems.  I love him too much.  Please help me...
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: My depression is destroying my relationship...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:02:04 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;29800
My depression has gotten exponentially worse the past few weeks.  I'm not interested in anything, I have no motivation to try to do anything, and my anxiety is also getting worse.  My boyfriend is the kind of person that likes to go out and do stuff, and with my lack of interest and the lack of improvement (with the depression and anxiety), he's lost his patience.  He's been very patient and supportive for three years, and it's unfair to him to make him deal with my problems on top of his own.  Anything you can spare would be appreciated.  I'm at the breaking point, and I don't wanna lose him over my problems.  I love him too much.  Please help me...

{{{{KittyVel}}}}
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Sperran

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

Are you getting treatment of any sort?

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »
Quote from: Sperran;29808
Are you getting treatment of any sort?

Yes.  I'm seeing a therapist and I'm on medication.  Nothing seems to be working, though.
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »
My depression has gotten exponentially worse the past few weeks.

[[[[KittyVel]]]]
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:43 pm »
My depression has gotten exponentially worse the past few weeks.  

(((KittyVel)))

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:37:28 am »

((((Kitty))))

I've a lit candle to Sekhmet for you.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:20 pm »

((((KittyVel))))

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »

(((((KittyVel)))))
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

MarieBay

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 03:39:01 pm »

(((KittyVel))) We're pulling for you.

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:41:28 pm »
Quote from: MarieBay;30049
(((KittyVel)))

Thank you all.  We seem to be doing a little better now, but I still am not interested in much of anything.  Does anyone have advice for how I can get myself interested in doing things again?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:41:45 pm by KittyVel »

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;30329
Thank you all.  We seem to be doing a little better now, but I still am not interested in much of anything.  Does anyone have advice for how I can get myself interested in doing things again?

Personal experience - sometimes you just have to fake it until you believe it.

It's not a great answer, but it can help.  Good luck.

Starglade

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:00 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;30337

and it can work. It really can.

When Kelley was having her meltdown on Friday, her godmother (who has training with ED/BD adolescents and has worked with criminal types as well as average schoolkids) told her, "I know you don't feel like smiling, but do it. Here, I'll put my fingers on your mouth and . . . There! You're smiling. And you even laughed a little bit. When that happens, your brain releases endorphins, and those help you feel less upset. If you can make yourself smile even when you feel there's no reason to, it'll help you start feeling better anyway."

Endorphins are good.
"The Eightfold Path is sometimes called the pathless path. Each step brings a growing awareness that enlightenment is in the here and now--in the world and in our relationships as we read these words . . . now." -- Jonathan White
http://grammargeddon.com

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;30329

Another personal experience: sometimes you've got to force yourself to do something. Get out of the house and go to a movie, or window-shopping. Talk to a friend, even if it's over the phone. Take a walk around the neighborhood.

It's difficult to get started, but the effort can be worth it, even if it's only a little bit at first. Keep trying and you can build some momentum.  {{{{KittyVel}}}}
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;30337

This.  Although I'm very guilty of feeling like I don't have the energy because I really feel like I don't, it's really easy to give in and accept that excuse even if the reason is completely valid.  It is important to try to overcome that because the more a person doesn't move around, the harder it is to overcome it.  It's that whole inertia thing ;) a body at motion tends to stay in motion, one at rest tends to stay at rest.  This, IMO, is true for our own bodies and the energy that it uses.  

Therapy can be a very good thing, and I'm glad you're getting help in that department.  There is often an underlying issue for depression - often an unexpressed emotion we do not let ourselves feel for any number of reasons - legit reasons and ones we don't want to think are legitimate. Either way, it needs to be expressed.  Again this is my opinion only.  So I'd say go ahead and vent when you need to - just becareful if that venting is being directed at a person in your presence - there's nothing wrong with yelling at or punching a pillow.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Tags: