"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: How do the Gods contact you?  (Read 7607 times)

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
How do the Gods contact you?
« on: November 05, 2011, 03:25:02 pm »
I was just wondering how the Gods and Goddesses contacted you. For me i get a lot of contact in my dreams and when i meditate.
[Now using the Cryfder account]

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: How do the Gods contact you?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;29039
I was just wondering how the Gods and Goddesses contacted you. For me i get a lot of contact in my dreams and when i meditate.

I get distinctive feelings and ideas that are not mine. Such as the overwhelming need to find every spare key in my house and put them in a box. While I have some odd moments, I can say that I've never had a fascination with old keys before. :D:
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Miluna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:20:49 pm »

Dreams mostly. I've also noticed when I'm outside and I start thinking about Loki or Odin, I spot two ravens flying around - could just be coincidence, but it's seriously everytime. Still, it's nice to think that maybe this is their way of saying "Aye, we're watching you..."

Quote from: SatSekhem;29072
I get distinctive feelings and ideas that are not mine. Such as the overwhelming need to find every spare key in my house and put them in a box. While I have some odd moments, I can say that I've never had a fascination with old keys before. :D:

I get that a lot too with Loki :). Lately it's been the sudden urge to wear heaps of red, to rearrange my entire bedroom or to do up his altar.

Usually I get little jokes or silly comments that suddenly pop into my head out of nowhere and I have to steel myself from laughing aloud in public.

For example:
A few weeks ago, when shopping for socks, I passed an underwear stall where they had pairs of black girl boxers with glow in the dark skulls printed on them. I thought to myself "Really, what's the point?" What I then got in return from Loki was "Maybe it's to help them 'find their way'..." :dwink:

Que massive giggle attack in the middle of the shop.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:21:22 pm by Miluna »
My blog - An Open Flame

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »

Mostly They hit up my celly on a burner so it's hard to trace the number.  /sass

Honestly, psychopomps tend to just show up.
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

sephira

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:20:54 pm »

I tend to get overwhelming waves of emotion to the point of tears. For example, when I was at Temple all of a sudden I was sitting there just thinking about how nice it was to be there and this huge wave of happiness and joy hit me like a ton of bricks and i started getting all teary eyed. I knew it was Ganesh letting me know he was with me.

Quote from: SatSekhem;29072
I get distinctive feelings and ideas that are not mine.

This! Oh boy is it ever this! Glad to know I'm not alone in this.
"If it ain\'t fun, it ain\'t worth doing!"

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:47 am »
Quote from: sephira;29093

I always just thought I was nuts. Thank the gods for this website. :D:
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 10:07:21 am »
Quote from: sephira;29093

No, you're not alone. Happens to me all the time. Out of the clear blue, something random will pop into my head and I can't get it out until I actually do something about it.

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »

I get the ideas pop into my head, like others have already posted.  Sometimes I have a scent waft in front of me, as if to say, 'I'm here!'  Usually it's an incensce smell when there's none burning.  The odd time I'd smell green apples (weird, I know) or roses and lilac-and it's in the middle of fall or winter.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
How do the Gods contact you?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

I have thoughts/dreams that are outside my normal mental patterns and have learned to pay attention to them.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Miss Stoddard

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.exhibited-sim.com/register?referid=333
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »

Random bits of ambition I don't naturally have I think are their way of helping me push myself a bit farther. As much as I hate to admit it, I have and always have had a lack of motivation and ambition in my life.

Waterfall

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 05:21:44 pm »
Quote from: Miluna;29083

I get that a lot too with Loki :). Lately it's been the sudden urge to wear heaps of red, to rearrange my entire bedroom or to do up his altar.

Usually I get little jokes or silly comments that suddenly pop into my head out of nowhere and I have to steel myself from laughing aloud in public.

I get those too. Although with the sudden urge to do something  a bit odd, I'm not convinced that's Loki's idea. As far as I know, I've always done that sort of thing. I remember when I was three, I decided everything in my room needed to be upside down and started turning things over as well as I could or when I decided my brother needed makeup. So I've always had those weird urges.

I hate those little jokes. I hate it when I start laughing for no reason. Fortunately, last time it happened I was at home and my roommate is very used to odd things like that. Can't actually remember any of the jokes. I just remember laughing hysterically, usually in awkward spots.

I've also had contact in "dreams." They're not normal dreams, but I'm asleep and have nothing else to call them. It was far more common when I first met Loki, but I don't think I've had that happen in a while. Probably because he's got nothing to say to me. I did once hear about other Lokeans using their iPods to "talk" to Loki. Basically, asking a question and then skipping to the next track while it's on shuffle. I tried it once and I remember saying something about hockey and stuff and getting something about alcohol in the next song title. So then I asked if he wanted a beer and got the song, "I Wanna Be An Alcoholic." So I put a beer on the alter. I don't know about that, but if nothing else, it's mildly amusing.

Miluna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »
Quote from: Waterfall;29174
I did once hear about other Lokeans using their iPods to "talk" to Loki. Basically, asking a question and then skipping to the next track while it's on shuffle. I tried it once and I remember saying something about hockey and stuff and getting something about alcohol in the next song title. So then I asked if he wanted a beer and got the song, "I Wanna Be An Alcoholic." So I put a beer on the alter. I don't know about that, but if nothing else, it's mildly amusing.

Hmm I'll have to try this iPod thing sometime.

I'm not sure if it was Loki or not, but last week I had been looking for an hour in the bookshop for a book on the supernatural/paranormal, but had found nothing and was feeling pretty p*ssed off. I came out of the shop and the music from the speakers in the mall stopped and started playing a new song.
'E.T' by Katy Perry.

Way to rub it in
:hdsk:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:35:54 pm by Miluna »
My blog - An Open Flame

ForeverLearning

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

I always get a thought that's not mine, or an idea, or a gut feeling. Often my patron gods (Barinthus and Ariandrhod, though I'm sure they play Patrons to plenty of others as well) will 'talk' to me. I'll hear their voices, but not really with my ears; I'll hear it as a thought, the same way you 'hear' yourself when you read silently. I thought for the longest time that I was probably just crazy :P and of course tons of signs will appear in relation to a certain god in my everyday life. Other times I just...know.
My occupation? I don\'t really have one--but in my spare time I look through my telescope searching for that curious man in the flying blue box.

Ladywhitewolf

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist Pagan
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »

That's usually how I get contacted.  The God, Set likes appearing in my dreams.  I have lost count of how many times.  He is not the only deity that shows up either.  Lately I think Bast is trying to get my attention.
-My paganspace page: http://www.paganspace.net/profile/whitewolf51
-My Pagan Playground page: http://www.pagan-playground.com/whitewolf-1
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he\'ll be a mile away, and barefoot.

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 05:25:31 pm »
Quote from: Ladywhitewolf;29535
Lately I think Bast is trying to get my attention.

She does that sometimes.  I know She and I don't have a particular relationship, but the times She's wanted my attention have usually involved a LOT of cats, and in my experience, it's expedient to speak to Her through Her children that way.

(Seriously, to the tune of, "Why are there suddenly sixteen cats surrounding me in a silent circle on this deserted street?  Are these all the cats in the neighborhood?  Do I...look like a mouse?  Uhhhh...hello?")
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Tags: