Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Requests to join the Cill  (Read 77782 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Requests to join the Cill
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »
This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let the Cill leaders know.

Please limit your posts in this thread to requests to join or questions regarding joining; if you'd like to welcome a new member, the schedule thread is a great place to do so!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:35:41 pm by Juni »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Requests to join the Cill
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:21:35 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;99
This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let the Cill leaders know.

Please limit your posts in this thread to requests to join or questions regarding joining; if you'd like to welcome a new member, the schedule thread is a great place to do so!

I'm interested in joining this Cill. I considered it back in 2009, but I never did. I have trouble putting into words my weird relationship with Brighid, but I'm hoping that maybe this will help clarify things for me.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:00 pm »
Quote from: hufflee;13960
I'm interested in joining this Cill. I considered it back in 2009, but I never did. I have trouble putting into words my weird relationship with Brighid, but I'm hoping that maybe this will help clarify things for me.

Do you have any preference about shifts, Hufflee?  And, is that the name you prefer to use for Cill things?

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:13:46 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;13989
Do you have any preference about shifts, Hufflee?  

Sunflower[/QUOTE]

Week days would be best, but not absolutely necessary.

And, is that the name you prefer to use for Cill things?
  Jen works best. Thanks for asking!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

SunflowerP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »
Quote from: hufflee;14066

Week days would be best, but not absolutely necessary.

Jen works best. Thanks for asking!

Since Cill shifts are on a 20-day cycle, sometimes they'll be on weekdays and sometimes not.  Way back when the Cill started and we were all having trouble figuring out how to keep track, we noticed that it goes backward through the days of the week, because it's one day short of three weeks (so if your shift is on a Wednesday this cycle, next cycle it'll be a Tuesday) - I'll see if I can place you so that your shift falls late in the week this cycle, so your first four or five shifts will be weekdays, but that'll depend on where I think we need someone most so I might not be able to do that.

I'll be posting the new roster in a couple of days, on my own next shift, and you'll be on it!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:58:18 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;14216
Since Cill shifts are on a 20-day cycle, sometimes they'll be on weekdays and sometimes not.  Way back when the Cill started and we were all having trouble figuring out how to keep track, we noticed that it goes backward through the days of the week, because it's one day short of three weeks (so if your shift is on a Wednesday this cycle, next cycle it'll be a Tuesday) - I'll see if I can place you so that your shift falls late in the week this cycle, so your first four or five shifts will be weekdays, but that'll depend on where I think we need someone most so I might not be able to do that.

I'll be posting the new roster in a couple of days, on my own next shift, and you'll be on it!

Sunflower

I saw the roster today. Where ever I'm needed is ok, especially since the schedule is posted beforehand. It gives me a chance to plan.

IvyMist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:47:15 am »

I would like to join this Cill if you have a shift available. Thank you.
~AutumnRain~
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

SunflowerP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:19:42 am »
Quote from: AutumnRain;15329
I would like to join this Cill if you have a shift available. Thank you.
~AutumnRain~

I'm sorry it's taken a while for me to see this - I've been off TC tinkering with my computer for a few days, and although I'm supposed to get email notifications for this thread, it seems to have got shut off somehow; it gave me the heads-up on Hufflee's initial join request, but nothing since.

We don't have an untended shift available, but that's no problem; we often double up on shifts.  Do you have any particular preferences about what shift you'd like?  And, is AutumnRain the name you want to use for Cill purposes?

Sunflower

IvyMist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »
We don't have an untended shift available, but that's no problem; we often double up on shifts.  Do you have any particular preferences about what shift you'd like?  And, is AutumnRain the name you want to use for Cill purposes?

Sunflower[/QUOTE]

I don't have a particular preference about what shift I would like. Yes, I would like to use AutumnRain for Cill purposes. I haven't received any notices either for posts to this thread although I have it set up that way. Thank you.
~AutumnRain~
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

SunflowerP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 12:03:50 am »
Quote from: AutumnRain;16351

I don't have a particular preference about what shift I would like. Yes, I would like to use AutumnRain for Cill purposes. I haven't received any notices either for posts to this thread although I have it set up that way.

I suspect that, in my case, it was because I'd been using the lightweight (mobile) style to read TC for a while (because the default style was too much for my antiquated browser - fixed now), and that replying while using that style - which doesn't have a place to confirm the thread subscription - reset it.

I think I'll put you on the 17th shift, along with Collinsky; that should fall on 15 Sep in the cycle that's about to start - you start your shift at sunset your local time on that day.

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

IvyMist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »
I think I'll put you on the 17th shift, along with Collinsky; that should fall on 15 Sep in the cycle that's about to start - you start your shift at sunset your local time on that day.

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower[/QUOTE]
 Thank you.

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »

I would love to be a member of the Cill.  I have been feeling a pull towards Brighid lately and would like to honor her.  I have no preference as to days.  Let me know!  Thank you!

SunflowerP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 02:47:34 am »
Quote from: Siannan;19752
I would love to be a member of the Cill.  I have been feeling a pull towards Brighid lately and would like to honor her.  I have no preference as to days.  Let me know!  Thank you!

I think I'll put you on the 3rd shift, with Ali, if that works for you - the next one starts at sunset your local time on 21 Sep.

Is Siannan the name you want to use for your Cill activity?

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 07:34:34 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;19872
I think I'll put you on the 3rd shift, with Ali, if that works for you - the next one starts at sunset your local time on 21 Sep.

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Sunflower, that is perfect. And yes, Siannan is fine. Thanks again!

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 01:12:23 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;19872

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Now that my life has calmed down a bit, I'd really like to rejoin the Cill, if that's OK. I'm not really picky as to when my shift is, as long as I've got a couple of days' notice before my first shift. Could you add me back into the roster, please? Thanks!
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Tags: