Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Questions about Flamekeeping  (Read 1463 times)

ForeverLearning

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Questions about Flamekeeping
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »
Upon Googling 'flamekeeping' out of curiosity I found this website http://www.flamekeeping.org/ explaining this person's views on this sebdivision of Paganism. (Although, from the looks of this article, it's not so much a subdivision as it is a philosophy).

My question is aimed at Flamekeepers: is this article on the website linked above an accurate representation of what you believe or follow? If so, that I have very strong leanings towards this. Most of what this person described fits my general philosophy about life, a philosophy that was in place before becoming a Wiccan (and still in place today--I only chose Wicca because it fit my philosophy well).

Would appreciate any honest answer, as this is a very interesting new topic for me.
My occupation? I don\'t really have one--but in my spare time I look through my telescope searching for that curious man in the flying blue box.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Questions about Flamekeeping
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 06:52:16 am »
Quote from: ForeverLearning;27291
Upon Googling 'flamekeeping' out of curiosity I found this website http://www.flamekeeping.org/ explaining this person's views on this sebdivision of Paganism. (Although, from the looks of this article, it's not so much a subdivision as it is a philosophy).

My question is aimed at Flamekeepers: is this article on the website linked above an accurate representation of what you believe or follow? If so, that I have very strong leanings towards this. Most of what this person described fits my general philosophy about life, a philosophy that was in place before becoming a Wiccan (and still in place today--I only chose Wicca because it fit my philosophy well).

Would appreciate any honest answer, as this is a very interesting new topic for me.

That's my website. :)  And yes, it's fairly accurate - there's also a FlameKeeping SIG here where we try to work out new stuff and discuss the essays.

The website isn't COMPLETE - I'm working on *gulp* three different books (so far!) about FlameKeeping as well.

It's ... it's a religious philosophy.  a philosophic religion?  It blurs the line.  But you're welcome to poke at it and contribute!

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:11:04 am »
Quote from: ForeverLearning;27291

As HeartShadow is the creator of FlameKeeping, that website is about as accurate as it gets. :D: (I think many of the posts say they were posted by Veggiewolf, as she helped reload the site after it was hacked, but Shadow wrote them all.)

If you haven't found the SIG already ( http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?55-FlameKeeping-SIG ), that's where we discuss the essays and FlameKeeping topics. We have a weekly discussion on one of the essays, beginning every Tuesday, that you are welcome to join in! We are starting at the top of the table of contents and working down, and we're only a couple weeks in, so you haven't missed much.

ForeverLearning

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:09:27 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;27398
That's my website. :)  And yes, it's fairly accurate - there's also a FlameKeeping SIG here where we try to work out new stuff and discuss the essays.

The website isn't COMPLETE - I'm working on *gulp* three different books (so far!) about FlameKeeping as well.

It's ... it's a religious philosophy.  a philosophic religion?  It blurs the line.  But you're welcome to poke at it and contribute!

Three books? O.o well, I suppose it would take that many to cover the majority of the topics encompassed in Flamekeeping.

I'll probably seek out a few other sources, but it's good to know that this one is accurate. I'll definatly research it a bit more, thank you!
My occupation? I don\'t really have one--but in my spare time I look through my telescope searching for that curious man in the flying blue box.

ForeverLearning

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;27405

If you haven't found the SIG already ( http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?55-FlameKeeping-SIG ), that's where we discuss the essays and FlameKeeping topics. We have a weekly discussion on one of the essays, beginning every Tuesday, that you are welcome to join in! We are starting at the top of the table of contents and working down, and we're only a couple weeks in, so you haven't missed much.

Will gladly incorperate the SIG as a source of information and look into it, thank you for answering!

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Questions about Flamekeeping
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 06:33:28 pm »
Quote from: ForeverLearning;27487
Three books? O.o well, I suppose it would take that many to cover the majority of the topics encompassed in Flamekeeping.

I'll probably seek out a few other sources, but it's good to know that this one is accurate. I'll definatly research it a bit more, thank you!

Just so you're aware, other FlameKeeping writings will be based on Shad's site and most (if not all) of its adherents are members here.  

:)
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:46 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;27497
Just so you're aware, other FlameKeeping writings will be based on Shad's site and most (if not all) of its adherents are members here.  

I was thinking the same thing. I blog about FK, but it's all based off of what I read here- which is all Shad's stuff :P I imagine most of the blogs out there will be this way.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04:22 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;27497

Man, THAT makes me feel like a crazy cult leader.  "you can look, but it's mine .. all MIIIIIINE" ...

no, wait, crazy miser.

Back to topic - yes, the writings will either be mine or based on me, but I welcome and NEED debate and other viewpoints.  It's not supposed to be all about me - it's trying to put the ideas together in a way that works for people.  Disagree with me, argue, debate - I might not change my mind, but I WILL listen.

Tags: