Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: New here and have some questions  (Read 1731 times)

Shada

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
New here and have some questions
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:23 am »
So I'm new here and looking for answers, I have been "aware" of many different things in my life that most people are not "aware" of. I am aware of other "spirits" and when I am around them. Also I am aware of other people's "feelings" I think some call it an aura, and I have horrible dreams of things that happen, that may and may not be related to me. A few other members of my family are the same way and the ones who know anything about it will not talk about it. All I want to know is why and how to control this. I've went looking for answers in so many different places, and I guess I'm looking again.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: New here and have some questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:49 am »
Quote from: Shada;27160
So I'm new here and looking for answers, I have been "aware" of many different things in my life that most people are not "aware" of. I am aware of other "spirits" and when I am around them. Also I am aware of other people's "feelings" I think some call it an aura, and I have horrible dreams of things that happen, that may and may not be related to me. A few other members of my family are the same way and the ones who know anything about it will not talk about it. All I want to know is why and how to control this. I've went looking for answers in so many different places, and I guess I'm looking again.

The basic thing that you want to look into is what's commonly referred to as shielding, but I want to pause before I go there.

There's a couple of things going on in what you talk about. Auras are generally defined as being able to sense the general energy around someone - their overall personality, etc. It can show through something of their current state (emotion, recent events, etc.) but generally, it's not that specific unless you know someone really well. (You might be able to figure out someone's upset, but not necessarily what they're upset *about*, in other words.)

Empathy, however, is generally described as the ability to sense other people's emotions. In a magical energy sense, that often means feeling them yourself (at least somewhat), or being influenced by other people's emotions more subtly.

Basically, the way to manage is to be certain of what's you and what's not you (centering and grounding) and then filtering the information so that you are not bothered by it when you don't want to be (and not overwhelmed by it even when you're paying attention), which is shielding.

I've got more on all three topics (plus some other stuff that might be helpful) at http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ - I've got to run to work right now, but am glad to help with more questions once I get home tonight.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:33 am »
Quote from: Shada;27160
So I'm new here and looking for answers....

Welcome to The Cauldron!

Side Note: An introduction thread isn't the best place for questions like yours. You will likely get more response by asking in question in a separate thread with a subject line clearly tied to the question so that those best able to provide answers are most likely to see the question.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:56 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;27185
Side Note: An introduction thread isn't the best place for questions like yours. You will likely get more response by asking in question in a separate thread with a subject line clearly tied to the question so that those best able to provide answers are most likely to see the question.

She's way ahead of you, Randall; the separate thread is here (provided so that those answering those questions can do it there, leaving this thread for welcomes and such).

Welcome to TC, Shada!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: