Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Any Celtic Reconstructionist?  (Read 7164 times)

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Any Celtic Reconstructionist?
« on: October 22, 2011, 07:04:03 pm »
I'm a Celtic Reconstructionist, and I just wanted to see who else is going down that path and which tradition you have chosen.
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Vella Malachite

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Any Celtic Reconstructionist?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:21:03 am »
Quote from: Celtag;26992
I'm a Celtic Reconstructionist, and I just wanted to see who else is going down that path and which tradition you have chosen.

I'm Celtic Reconstructionist!  Irish tradition, as much as is possible with my newbie status.

I work mainly with Manannan, but also with Aenghus and Lugh, and I'm researching Ogma.  Who are you interested in/who is interested in you?
The human brain is an amazing thing: it works twenty-four hours a day, every day from before we are born - except when we take exams.
If everything\'s under control, you\'re going too slowly.

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:12 am »

You probably already know this by now, considering how much interaction we've had on this board, but I'm CR, leaning toward Scotlan when I can, with religious witchcraft overtones.

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:22:30 am »
Quote from: Vella Malachite;27808
I'm Celtic Reconstructionist!  Irish tradition, as much as is possible with my newbie status.

I work mainly with Manannan, but also with Aenghus and Lugh, and I'm researching Ogma.  Who are you interested in/who is interested in you?

I am a Welsh Reconstructionist. I work mainly with Amaethon, Cerridwen, and recently I have started working with Arianrhod. I went back and fourth for a while on either the Welsh or Gaelic traditions, but I just felt so drawn to the Welsh tradition, I couldn't say no. I mean the first two Gods that contacted me where Amaethon & Cerridwen, and they both are Welsh Deities, so there you have it. I am also learning to speak Welsh as well.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:24:49 am by Celtag »

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 01:46:56 am »
Quote from: Celtag;27956
I am also learning to speak Welsh as well.

Good on you! Heritage has more to do with cultural affiliation than anything else, so it's always good to hear about those keeping such cultural traditions alive.
Semper Fidelis

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 02:08:19 am »
Quote from: Micheál;27960
Good on you! Heritage has more to do with cultural affiliation than anything else, so it's always good to hear about those keeping such cultural traditions alive.

I thought if I'm going to do this the right way, then it was only right to learn the language of the Welsh. I want to be a part of the culture as much as I can.

Seren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://tairi-cr.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:57:10 am »

Recon here, with a focus on Scotland. I have a little Gàidhlig, although I've had to put my formal lessons on hold due to chronic pain issues that I'm currently dealing with. Hopefully I'll get to a point where I'll be able to get back into it again, but for now I'm stumbling along by myself every now and then.

I have to agree that cultural participation - language, traditions, and so on - are hugely important in CR. It can't be over-emphasised, really.

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:19:55 am »
Quote from: Seren;27982
I have a little Gàidhlig, although I've had to put my formal lessons on hold due to chronic pain issues that I'm currently dealing with.

I'm sorry to hear. Here's to hoping they'll be short lived, and that you feel better soon!
Semper Fidelis

Seren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://tairi-cr.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:44:00 am »
Quote from: Micheál;27983
I'm sorry to hear. Here's to hoping they'll be short lived, and that you feel better soon!

Thanks Micheál, I appreciate it :) Unfortunately I'm pretty much stuck with it from what I'm told, I'm just trying to adapt and find my limitations, and get the right kind of treatment and medication. It's a trial and error sort of thing, but (touch wood) I'm getting there. Things could be a lot worse.

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »

I am :)  I'm prt Irish and Welsh (and a few other bits to) but lean towards the Irish tradition.  I've had alot of dealings with Brighid til the last couple years and now Morrigan has come forward to claim me.

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 01:01:06 am »
Quote from: PhantomQueen;28094
I am :)  I'm prt Irish and Welsh (and a few other bits to) but lean towards the Irish tradition.  I've had alot of dealings with Brighid til the last couple years and now Morrigan has come forward to claim me.

It's good to see those who are keeping the Celtic Traditions alive and well.

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 05:56:29 am »
Quote from: Seren;27988
Thanks Micheál, I appreciate it :) Unfortunately I'm pretty much stuck with it from what I'm told, I'm just trying to adapt and find my limitations, and get the right kind of treatment and medication. It's a trial and error sort of thing, but (touch wood) I'm getting there. Things could be a lot worse.

You're very welcome :) If it's an Autoimmune type thing I've heard naturopathy&homeopathy can work wonders, although the right meds are essential. I'm sure you're on top of whatever it is, and my best wishes(and wood touches) for smooth treatment controlled hopefully to where you're happy with.
Semper Fidelis

Cainogenos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 02:55:16 pm »

I practice a form of Celtic Reconstructionism called Senobessus or the "old custom", of Gaulish Polytheism. It is a revivalist tradition, and may include borrowings from other cultures (most especially other Celtic or Roman sources) to help fill in the gaps, but it is otherwise orthopraxic ("right actions" based) and traditional in design.

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:07 am »

Irish Reconstructionist here; I was pretty much swooped on by the Morrigan when I was thirteen, and I've chosen to be a bard.

I rarely use sheet music, I gravitate towards history and record-keeping, and I am currently studying to be an actor.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:03:22 am by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Muir

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 06:12:25 am »

I am as well, though I'm new to the community. I'm Celtic by birth (Clan Grant), and though I haven't known about this particular path until recently I have always been more drawn towards the Celtic lifestyle, for obvious reasons. I'm learning what I can about it, though any information I can get from this forum will definitely be appreciated, as it's kind of hard to find information on some things.
~The only thing constant is change.~

Tags: