Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 6459 times)

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lost/Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Hello!
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:50 am »
Call me slow, but I just found the Teen Pagans SIG today. I was horrified to find it empty! I know I can't be the only teen on the forum, even less so the only teen pagan on here(despite not knowing my 'path' completely, but that is a minor detail at this moment).

I've convinced myself everyone else is just shy and needs a little prompting to come out and play. So, here I am.

This is the first thread so maybe a little introduction is in order if you are going to reply? I'll start!

"Hi. I'm LadyBug. I am currently Religion Impaired and looking for a religion or belief system that calls to me, and I want to know a little bit about you!"  
Your turn! :D:

Greenlove92

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »
Quote from: LadyBug;25527
This is the first thread so maybe a little introduction is in order if you are going to reply? I'll start!

"Hi. I'm LadyBug. I am currently Religion Impaired and looking for a religion or belief system that calls to me, and I want to know a little bit about you!"  

Hi :) i'm greenlove92. Nice to meet you. I've discovered this SIG only today too! What can i say? I am still searching for my path and i am REALLY enjoying my spiritual journey so far.
Next one now :)
Recycle, be green :) the Gods will thank you!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »
Call me slow, but I just found the Teen Pagans SIG today. I was horrified to find it empty!

Welcome. TC tends a bit toward older Pagans. However, there was more activity on the old board's Teen Pagans SIG.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Mithril

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:24 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;30401
Welcome. TC tends a bit toward older Pagans. However, there was more activity on the old board's Teen Pagans SIG.

By all means post away! I have not been earning my keep as a Sig leader. ^_^ The main thing is though, most of the teens probably don't have much to say that is teen-specific. A quiet teen sig doesn't mean there aren't any other teens talking on the forum.

(I'm sorry I've been gone so long! It's nice to be back on TC)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 02:43:27 am »
Quote from: Mithril;31616
A quiet teen sig doesn't mean there aren't any other teens talking on the forum.

And conversely, a really active teen area on a forum could indicate that the rest of the forum was teen-unfriendly.  So on the whole, I tend to see quiet as mostly a good thing.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:00:48 am »
Call me slow, but I just found the Teen Pagans SIG today. I was horrified to find it empty! I know I can't be the only teen on the forum, even less so the only teen pagan on here(despite not knowing my 'path' completely, but that is a minor detail at this moment).

I've convinced myself everyone else is just shy and needs a little prompting to come out and play. So, here I am.

Hi! I just found this. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Still trying to find my path. I an an animist (sp?) and I would like to make meditation a strong part of my practice.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 07:34:59 am »

*looks around*

Sad little place we have here...

Anyway, I'm Castus and I'm a cultor of the Religio Romana. I have a blog, which I need to update for the Pagan Blog Project. Um... yeah.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:58 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;31623
And conversely, a really active teen area on a forum could indicate that the rest of the forum was teen-unfriendly.  So on the whole, I tend to see quiet as mostly a good thing.

Sunflower

It most definitely can be a good thing! TC is very teen friendly :) Thats what draws me back to the site all the time. No age discrimination, and the peole on here are fantastic! :D:

Quote from: Mithril;31616
By all means post away! I have not been earning my keep as a Sig leader. ^_^ The main thing is though, most of the teens probably don't have much to say that is teen-specific. A quiet teen sig doesn't mean there aren't any other teens talking on the forum.

(I'm sorry I've been gone so long! It's nice to be back on TC)

Welcome back to TC :D
I thought it might be nice for teens to know for sure that they aren't the only one on here though. You know? Know there are others their age to speak to? :)

Quote from: Castus;39555
*looks around*

Sad little place we have here...

Its only sad so long as we keep it quiet :) With a little creativity and some thought we can make it a bustling happy place for everyone =D

HarpingHawke

• View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 05:42:34 pm »
Quote from: LadyBug;40081

Its only sad so long as we keep it quiet :) With a little creativity and some thought we can make it a bustling happy place for everyone =D

Bumping! Thought that since we've gotten so many newbies lately that it might be a good idea to see if there are more of us (teens) around. :)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 07:08:03 pm »

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:27 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;169080
Bumping! Thought that since we've gotten so many newbies lately that it might be a good idea to see if there are more of us (teens) around. :)
Well since I posted that I turned the "big two-oh" (as my friends called it) so I don't count as a teen anymore. :eek:

Tags: