"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Having a Patron that most don't  (Read 27535 times)

Malkin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Having a Patron that most don't
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;25773
Flidais

I think I may be the only one in the world.

You're not on livejournal, are you? If not, then there's at least two of you. :)

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »
Quote from: Malkin;25813
You're not on livejournal, are you? If not, then there's at least two of you. :)

No I am not - holy smokes! LOL

To be serious - there may be 5 of us. Someone other than me has a Flidais shrine at nshrines.com

There is few but thats ok. Just sometimes would be nice to have someone to discuss her with.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Malkin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:52 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;26042
There is few but thats ok. Just sometimes would be nice to have someone to discuss her with.

I know what you mean.

Quote from: Fireof9;26042
nshrines.com

Oh dear...now I'm going to be playing with this all evening.

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 09:17:28 pm »
Quote from: Malkin;26058
I know what you mean.

Oh dear...now I'm going to be playing with this all evening.

I have a few up there, some unfinished, under the user name mygods. Feel free to light a candle if you are so inclined.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Malkin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;26063
I have a few up there, some unfinished, under the user name mygods. Feel free to light a candle if you are so inclined.

Sure will!

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 10:41:28 am »
Quote from: Malkin;26074
Sure will!

I created one, but have since forgotten about it. :ashamed:
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

FinchLove

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 01:49:08 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;23885
My Patron God is Amaethon, which for me kinda puts me in a small group who actually honor him, as far as I know. I was just wanted to know if others honored deities that most people don't, or kinda felt like they were alone in honoring a certain God or Goddess.

My patron goddess would be Persephone... I've followed her for years and I've never encountered another who worked with her. Though lately, I feel Hekate getting closer and more focused on me.. O_o
"And we return backs straight, heads high, hair shorn; we\'re going back to taste the grain from where our hunger was born.
In bodies withered, wrinkled, worn; the framework showing through where the skin is torn."

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2011, 02:25:21 am »
Quote from: FinchLove;27449
My patron goddess would be Persephone... I've followed her for years and I've never encountered another who worked with her.

You'll find a few here!
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Taliesin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2011, 03:30:43 am »
Quote from: Nehet;24268

I sometimes feel alone in worshipping Ausir.  Sutekh is much more popular these days, and many people have a hard time working with both.  Personally, I think it's worth the effort but it's a challenge.  I won't deny that.  

Ausir is...quiet.  At least, compared to the more popular chaotic Gods.  I mean, hells, if Sutekh wants your attention, you know.  If Ausir does ask for more followers, maybe people don't notice.  He seems to be OK waiting for people to come to Him.

He's very popular among Wicc-ish people who worship Him as the green man/harvest God.  Of course, these folks have a limited understanding of who He is.  Kemetics seem to have a harder time with him.  He's not the "resurrected" God popularized by new-agers.  He's a permanent resident of the Duat.  I think some people are uncomfortable with that.  I know it was harder for me to accept, in the beginning.

I don't know what it is, but I find Ausir really intriguing. ...Swear I have a thing for afterlife deities or something!
Cambiano solo le onde, sempre uguali e sempre diverse.
Feel free to leave a candle at the Manannán shrine.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2011, 09:31:07 am »
Quote from: Taliesin;27571
I don't know what it is, but I find Ausir really intriguing. ...Swear I have a thing for afterlife deities or something!

They're the strong, silent type (as I come to hear it). So, it stands to reason that they'd be intriguing.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Setnusutekh

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2011, 07:21:24 pm »
Quote from: sephira;24552

The more I learn about the Vedic pantheon, the more I like. I think I might just have to stick to it/them.

I also have relationships with many from the Hindu pantheon :) My Hindu grandfathers saw to me attending pujas and learning a lot about it from an early age xD
Also, my country's culture is very Hindu influenced, (the Christian and Muslim influences are about the same as well), so it's a given to grow up knowing a lot about it.
Hoping to learn more every day...and not get bored doing it :3
I\'m Trini to the bone! :D

Setnusutekh

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »
Quote from: Nehet;24268

I sometimes feel alone in worshipping Ausir.  Sutekh is much more popular these days, and many people have a hard time working with both.  Personally, I think it's worth the effort but it's a challenge.  I won't deny that.  

Ausir is...quiet.  At least, compared to the more popular chaotic Gods.  I mean, hells, if Sutekh wants your attention, you know.  If Ausir does ask for more followers, maybe people don't notice.  He seems to be OK waiting for people to come to Him.

He's very popular among Wicc-ish people who worship Him as the green man/harvest God.  Of course, these folks have a limited understanding of who He is.  Kemetics seem to have a harder time with him.  He's not the "resurrected" God popularized by new-agers.  He's a permanent resident of the Duat.  I think some people are uncomfortable with that.  I know it was harder for me to accept, in the beginning.

Set is an interesting topic as a patron, for me. Outside of Kemetism, He seems to be worshipped in Satanist-influenced circles (when I was doing research on Him, I was gobsmacked at how many I saw, and how hard it was to find Kemetic sites about Him) In Kemetism (I'm thinking, particularly KO here), I don't think He's particularly as popular as the Aset, Yinepu or Bast, but I've noticed a lot more than I would have expected.

However, His following in neo-paganism pales in comparison to those who follow Isis or Anubis... mostly because a lot of them think of Him as Egypt's Satan.. :whis:

I also work with Ausir :) I did find Him very, very intriguing and quiet. He's come across as being rather formal, (Set hasn't demanded formal worship at all) and He's very welcoming. Being devoted to Set, I actually didn't find it hard to work with Ausir, but I would feel rather weird following Heru-sa-Aset, just as a personal thing.
I mean, for those of us who are divined as daughters/sons of Set in KO, Heru-wer always comes as a Beloved, but I also don't see a lot of people with Heru-wer as a patron, either.

Maybe I'm just horribly unobservant :eek:
Hoping to learn more every day...and not get bored doing it :3
I\'m Trini to the bone! :D

Garnet

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Departmental; Feri, Thelema, Morningstar; Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/they
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:28 pm »
Quote from: Setnusutekh;27705

I mean, for those of us who are divined as daughters/sons of Set in KO, Heru-wer always comes as a Beloved, but I also don't see a lot of people with Heru-wer as a patron, either.

I'm not KO, and He's not my patron, but I am devoted to Heru-Wer (and Set as well, in an odd outskirts-of-the-personal-pantheon way.) I understand each of Them best through the other.

Ruadan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;23885
My Patron God is Amaethon, which for me kinda puts me in a small group who actually honor him, as far as I know. I was just wanted to know if others honored deities that most people don't, or kinda felt like they were alone in honoring a certain God or Goddess.

I don't know any other pagans, and only rarley meet any, most of my interactions with other pagans are online, where I find almost no-one aware of or connected to pre-Celtic Ireland, Of the Gods I worship most do appear in name in the myths of the Gaels and Celts, but only through painstaking nerdy research can one get a glimpse of what they may hae been before.

caelestisraven

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://moonkissedraven.blogspot.com/
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
Quote from: FinchLove;27449
My patron goddess would be Persephone... I've followed her for years and I've never encountered another who worked with her. Though lately, I feel Hekate getting closer and more focused on me.. O_o

I also follow Persephone :) I have met a handful of others also dedicated to Her though not a ton.

One thing this topic makes me think of is that I was just talking to a friend about statues as I found some just amazingly beautiful statues of Artemis. But some of the other deities out there you just can't find any.
♥ I walk in the shadow of the moon, I dance to the pulse of the earth. ♥

My Blog..¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»http://moonkissedraven.blogspot.com/ ›●‹

Tags: