Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 4Oct11 through 10Oct11  (Read 2192 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 4Oct11 through 10Oct11
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:32:15 am »
Welcome to the Discussion of the Week for October 4th through 10th, 2011!

Topic: Individuals affecting the Divine

Background reading: Divine Relations; I Embrace the Universe

Questions: How do you affect the Divine?  Is that different from the effect you should have?  If so, what should be changed?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:33:11 am by veggiewolf »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Shawnee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 4Oct11 through 10Oct11
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:13 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;23870
 Questions: How do you affect the Divine?

My moods and actions affect the Divine since we share connection. When I am feeling blah and negative that energy is what is sent out from me. This negativity affects those directly around me and goes out through the universal thread. If I'm in a depressed beat myself up mood then I am hurting the Divine by not acknowledging all that I am is actually amazing and beautiful.

When I feel good in my own skin then the love I have for myself is projected outward. Others can feel the positive and I am more apt to outwardly acknowledge how special they are to me. So the positive travels the Divine thread and contributes to the overall essence of all that is.

Is that different from the effect you should have?  If so, what should be changed?

Well the days of positive are great. I'm giving back love and open to receiving it. I'm able to see the beauty and wonder around me and appreciate life. It would be awesome if that could be a daily experience and understanding.

I am working on making it so but of course being human gets in the way. I have been making conscious efforts to connect by sitting outside twice a day (morning/afternoon) and just feeling nature around me. I do feel that it rejuvenates my spirit and that Divine appreciates my efforts to nod to the beauty that is.

Trying to take better care of my body and mind is also on the list of changes I can make. When your body is healthy to the best of it's abilities I think it is allows energy to flow through you better. I do know I felt better 50lbs ago and was able to get out and do more things I enjoyed. The better health led to better spirit nurturing which I think causes the Divine to surge with joy.

So changing my way of thinking, feeling and doing to reflect the joy, bounty, and beauty of life and the world around me will reflect back into the Divine thread that connects us all. This will in return be reflected back out into universe.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »

...How do you affect the Divine?

Everything I do affects the Divine in one way or another.  I may not see the end result (in fact, I think seeing the end result sometimes detracts from the idea that all we do affects the Divine), but I need to realize that there will be one that is influenced by my actions.

Is that different from the effect you should have? If so, what should be changed?

Should is a funny word in this instance.  The affect I have on the Universe is the one that should occur based on what my action was in the first place.  I do think, though, that I should be striving to have a positive effect rather than a negative one and, to that end, need to look specifically at my actions.  I like the concept of ma'at for this - if my action upholds ma'at, it will have a positive outcome.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:18:55 pm »
Welcome to the Discussion of the Week for October 4th through 10th, 2011!

Topic: Individuals affecting the Divine

Background reading: Divine Relations; I Embrace the Universe

Questions: How do you affect the Divine?  Is that different from the effect you should have?  If so, what should be changed?

Well, I'm writing FK. ;)  I hope that's a beneficial effect.

Outside that - I try to be a good person, a good neighbor, a good wife and mother and daughter and every other role that I have.  Some days it works better than others, of course.

My overall goal is to leave the world better for my having been in it than not.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:09:11 am »

Good idea to 'chat' this way.

I affect the Divine and the Divine affects me.

There is no thing like separation. We feel the separation, because we need the illusion of it, to make it possible for us to experience this life, this existence as a distinct being. But in the end, there is no such thing as 'me' and 'you'.

Tho' this sounds like newage commonplace, it's not and my level of understanding of this truth, changes and deepens. We are one. That makes life - interesting. It makes it so much harder to judge and grudge. It requires one to think. A lot. Which is a good thing.

I believe I am on the right track with my path right now and concerning what I think I should act like and what I think I should do in that spirit? Communicate, mediate, balance. Yeah, that sounds about right. ;)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

savveir

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 08:43:54 pm »

On the whole, I think veggiewolf's response pretty much nailed it for me.
However in regards to how I affect the Divine, whilst I agree with..
Quote from: veggiewolf;24369
Everything I do affects the Divine in one way or another.  I may not see the end result (in fact, I think seeing the end result sometimes detracts from the idea that all we do affects the Divine), but I need to realize that there will be one that is influenced by my actions.

I would also add that if I'm at all depressed or frustrated etc, I completely ignore the divine as if my mood change just cuts me off from it. I know that's not the case, and that I will still be effecting it, in this case negatively via wilful ignorance.
So for me, I feel i need to change my attempts to cut myself off from/ignoring the Divine.

hope all that makes sense :)
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
-Lewis Carroll

Tags: