Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Question about ancestor calling  (Read 939 times)

Shadowstar

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Question about ancestor calling
« on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:28 pm »
There was a recent thread about calling ancestors, but since I have another question, I thought I'd start a new thread rather than try to ask in that one.

When I first began to realize that I may be connected or "feel" the powers of the elements, other worldly presences, or whatever you may call them, I did so while working with swords with my husband.  Through his Japanese heritage, he learned that you can channel your ancestors through steel.

So I was practicing sword techniques on my back deck one night and looked into my back yard.  There before me stood a woman with red hair, a child, and many fierce looking warrior type men.  All clad in what I assumed to be Celtic attire.  She looked at me and I felt her say "daughter".  I got scared, and told them to leave, which they did.

When I later told my husband what I saw, he was convinced they were my ancestors.

So my question -- now that I have a greater understanding of such things, I would like to call them back, but have not been successful.  How would I go about doing such a thing?
What is the "Riddle of Steel?"

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
Re: Question about ancestor calling
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:41:50 am »
Quote from: Shadowstar;205547

When I later told my husband what I saw, he was convinced they were my ancestors.

So my question -- now that I have a greater understanding of such things, I would like to call them back, but have not been successful.  How would I go about doing such a thing?

It sounds like you've offended them - turning them away like that.  So you're going to have to apologise profusely (and sincerely), make some offerings, etc etc

Abigail

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
Quote from: Dynes Hysbys;205553
It sounds like you've offended them - turning them away like that.  So you're going to have to apologise profusely (and sincerely), make some offerings, etc etc

This could be a possibility, that somehow you have offended them.
I would like to add that there could be many other reasons, for example that they do not wish to scare you again or simply, that now is not the time or the place to see them again.

What I would suggest is similar to what Dynes Hysbys suggests, an offering, with an apology or simply a "I was not ready then, but I am now, you are welcome here." - meaning attached to the offering or, if offerings aren't your thing,just a message similar to that.
Perhaps you could display the sword with an offering or write the message with oil on the sword in order to personalize it to that experience? Though the latter is me thinking out loud and I have no idea if that would be practical or fitting for you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:47:02 pm by Abigail »

Shadowstar

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:13:23 pm »
Quote from: Abigail;205564
This could be a possibility, that somehow you have offended them.

Perhaps you could display the sword with an offering or write the message with oil on the sword in order to personalize it to that experience? Though the latter is me thinking out loud and I have no idea if that would be practical or fitting for you.

Thank you.  I agree that it may be that they do not wish to scare me, or it wasn't my time.  I think the sword is a key.  My husband keeps telling me to channel them through the steel.  Oil on the sword and an apology may work.  I'll work on crafting this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:15:31 pm by Shadowstar »

Shadowstar

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:20:08 pm »
Quote from: Dynes Hysbys;205553

That's what I thought.  At the time, I was scared and had not begun my journey into the craft.  I will craft some form of apology and offering and ask them to return.

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 05:12:58 am »
Quote from: Shadowstar;205630
That's what I thought.  At the time, I was scared and had not begun my journey into the craft.  I will craft some form of apology and offering and ask them to return.

You could try inviting them to supper - although it's Beltaine at the moment, this time of year shares many of the same traits as Samhain including a thinning of the veil. I'm going to be doing some similar work over the next 3 days myself.

Good luck - don't be disheartened if they don't respond at once. It may take some repeated work before they return to you.

Hildeburh

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:15 am »
Quote from: Shadowstar;205547
There was a recent thread about calling ancestors, but since I have another question, I thought I'd start a new thread rather than try to ask in that one.

When I first began to realize that I may be connected or "feel" the powers of the elements, other worldly presences, or whatever you may call them, I did so while working with swords with my husband.  Through his Japanese heritage, he learned that you can channel your ancestors through steel.

So I was practicing sword techniques on my back deck one night and looked into my back yard.  There before me stood a woman with red hair, a child, and many fierce looking warrior type men.  All clad in what I assumed to be Celtic attire.  She looked at me and I felt her say "daughter".  I got scared, and told them to leave, which they did.

I doubt you have offended them, they may be waiting for you to dedicate a shrine so they know they are welcome in your home and your life. Not saying ancestors cannot be offended, I believe they can affect your luck in a negative and positive way.

Try setting up an ancestor shrine and building a relationship with your ancestors by offering to them. You can also research your family tree and try calling on individuals, I believe if you put in the time and effort they will recipricate.

Tags: