Starlight is on a distinguished road Starlight's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Still seeking... getting closer...

Constructing a house protection spell

We live on a T-junction which is a no-no from a Feng Shui perspective in terms of energy swooshing around about. We're not on the worst point of a T-junction (which is on the road that makes the "bar" of the T, facing the road perpendicular to it), but at a point where the energies from passing traffic still has quite an impact.

I'd like to create a spell something similar to the one I've heard of where you create an "egg" of light around your body that filters out any harmful energies.

What I am particularly mindful of is that I don't want harmful energies swooshing around the corner, meeting an obstacle around our house (the protection I set up) and then back-washing towards our neighbours, which I could potentially see happening if I think about energy in the way I learned about matter in physics class.

What sort of protection can I put on our house that is not going to have a negative impact on our neighbours? Is it possible to construct something that filters the energy so that our house isn't absorbing pollution and stress from passing traffic, and that also cleans it up somewhat so that our neighbours don't suffer?

Any input gratefully received.
    What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Constructing a house protection spell

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    What sort of protection can I put on our house that is not going to have a negative impact on our neighbours? Is it possible to construct something that filters the energy so that our house isn't absorbing pollution and stress from passing traffic, and that also cleans it up somewhat so that our neighbours don't suffer?
    I don't go at things from a Feng Shui perspective mostly (and if that's your major concern, I'd suggest looking at resources from that tradition for what the ways to mediate that are: I suspect some of them will line up with what I'm about to suggest, but the mechanisms will be different...)

From a more witchcraft perspective, the term you want to include in your searching is 'warding'. There are a bunch of different approaches to it, but that's what you're describing of creating a space around a body (for people, it's commonly called 'shielding').

The two techniques are similar, but obviously you can use some techniques for warding you can't for shielding, because the house isn't going to wandering around. A common practice is to anchor it with something in the four corners of the home, but there are a host of other techniques.

(My technique is one I wouldn't necessarily recommend - also, I live in an apartment, so there's things I'd do differently if I lived in a separate house, but anchors into a specific object in my apartment)

In terms of the specific energy rushing from the street, there are different techniques to absorb or redirect that that will depend on a bunch of factors - what you prefer, what works with your magical skills / interests / focus, what plants grow in your area, whether you can buy some things to help with this, etc.

But some options could include garden plantings that absorb and redirect some of that energy (by layout, kind of plant, or both - things with denser vines / growing, for example, tend to catch up energy and slow it down. Things with thorns are a 'keep out' barrier. Things that soak up energy might thrive there.) Some people use things like witch balls or carefully placed witch bottles (buried in the ground, or maybe in something like a large flower pot you place where you want it) designed to absorb unwanted energy. Someone who was skilled with energy work could design warding around the house that funneled the energy where you wanted it. Etc.
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Starlight is on a distinguished road Starlight's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Still seeking... getting closer...

Re: Constructing a house protection spell

Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    I don't go at things from a Feng Shui perspective mostly (and if that's your major concern, I'd suggest looking at resources from that tradition for what the ways to mediate that are: I suspect some of them will line up with what I'm about to suggest, but the mechanisms will be different...)
    But some options could include garden plantings that absorb and redirect some of that energy (by layout, kind of plant, or both - things with denser vines / growing, for example, tend to catch up energy and slow it down. Things with thorns are a 'keep out' barrier. Things that soak up energy might thrive there.) Some people use things like witch balls or carefully placed witch bottles (buried in the ground, or maybe in something like a large flower pot you place where you want it) designed to absorb unwanted energy. Someone who was skilled with energy work could design warding around the house that funneled the energy where you wanted it. Etc.
    Thanks, Jennet. I am looking at putting in a small native tree or shrub so that it blocks the view of the t-junction from our front door. Apparently that's helpful to stop the energy rushing into the house. The people who first lived in the house had a really good idea about all this, I suspect, because there used to be a tree in that exact spot - until we had it cut down because it was beginning to get too close to an overhead power line. So now I'm looking for a Western Australian native - not too tall and suitable for the climate and soil to boot.

From a more witchcraft perspective, the term you want to include in your searching is 'warding'. There are a bunch of different approaches to it, but that's what you're describing of creating a space around a body (for people, it's commonly called 'shielding').

The two techniques are similar, but obviously you can use some techniques for warding you can't for shielding, because the house isn't going to wandering around. A common practice is to anchor it with something in the four corners of the home, but there are a host of other techniques.

(My technique is one I wouldn't necessarily recommend - also, I live in an apartment, so there's things I'd do differently if I lived in a separate house, but anchors into a specific object in my apartment)

In terms of the specific energy rushing from the street, there are different techniques to absorb or redirect that that will depend on a bunch of factors - what you prefer, what works with your magical skills / interests / focus, what plants grow in your area, whether you can buy some things to help with this, etc.
    I'll look into anchoring and absorbing the energy - thank you for those suggestions. I think absorbing at this point would be a better way to go than redirecting, because I don't want the energy affecting the neighbours and adding to what they're already getting. (I've noticed lots of broken relationships, loud arguments, etc. in the immediate vicinity, sadly.)

When I find something, I'll update this thread in case it's of some use to anyone else. And, again, thank you, Jennet, for all your help.
    What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

+ Reply to Thread