Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Constructing a house protection spell  (Read 2579 times)

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Contemplative/Christian/Eclectic
Constructing a house protection spell
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:02 am »
We live on a T-junction which is a no-no from a Feng Shui perspective in terms of energy swooshing around about. We're not on the worst point of a T-junction (which is on the road that makes the "bar" of the T, facing the road perpendicular to it), but at a point where the energies from passing traffic still has quite an impact.

I'd like to create a spell something similar to the one I've heard of where you create an "egg" of light around your body that filters out any harmful energies.

What I am particularly mindful of is that I don't want harmful energies swooshing around the corner, meeting an obstacle around our house (the protection I set up) and then back-washing towards our neighbours, which I could potentially see happening if I think about energy in the way I learned about matter in physics class.

What sort of protection can I put on our house that is not going to have a negative impact on our neighbours? Is it possible to construct something that filters the energy so that our house isn't absorbing pollution and stress from passing traffic, and that also cleans it up somewhat so that our neighbours don't suffer?

Any input gratefully received. :)
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. - CG Jung

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Constructing a house protection spell
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:28:20 am »
Quote from: Starlight;205285

What sort of protection can I put on our house that is not going to have a negative impact on our neighbours? Is it possible to construct something that filters the energy so that our house isn't absorbing pollution and stress from passing traffic, and that also cleans it up somewhat so that our neighbours don't suffer?

I don't go at things from a Feng Shui perspective mostly (and if that's your major concern, I'd suggest looking at resources from that tradition for what the ways to mediate that are: I suspect some of them will line up with what I'm about to suggest, but the mechanisms will be different...)

From a more witchcraft perspective, the term you want to include in your searching is 'warding'. There are a bunch of different approaches to it, but that's what you're describing of creating a space around a body (for people, it's commonly called 'shielding').

The two techniques are similar, but obviously you can use some techniques for warding you can't for shielding, because the house isn't going to wandering around. A common practice is to anchor it with something in the four corners of the home, but there are a host of other techniques.

(My technique is one I wouldn't necessarily recommend - also, I live in an apartment, so there's things I'd do differently if I lived in a separate house, but anchors into a specific object in my apartment)

In terms of the specific energy rushing from the street, there are different techniques to absorb or redirect that that will depend on a bunch of factors - what you prefer, what works with your magical skills / interests / focus, what plants grow in your area, whether you can buy some things to help with this, etc.

But some options could include garden plantings that absorb and redirect some of that energy (by layout, kind of plant, or both - things with denser vines / growing, for example, tend to catch up energy and slow it down. Things with thorns are a 'keep out' barrier. Things that soak up energy might thrive there.) Some people use things like witch balls or carefully placed witch bottles (buried in the ground, or maybe in something like a large flower pot you place where you want it) designed to absorb unwanted energy. Someone who was skilled with energy work could design warding around the house that funneled the energy where you wanted it. Etc.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 06:30:24 am »
Quote from: Jenett;205289
I don't go at things from a Feng Shui perspective mostly (and if that's your major concern, I'd suggest looking at resources from that tradition for what the ways to mediate that are: I suspect some of them will line up with what I'm about to suggest, but the mechanisms will be different...)

But some options could include garden plantings that absorb and redirect some of that energy (by layout, kind of plant, or both - things with denser vines / growing, for example, tend to catch up energy and slow it down. Things with thorns are a 'keep out' barrier. Things that soak up energy might thrive there.) Some people use things like witch balls or carefully placed witch bottles (buried in the ground, or maybe in something like a large flower pot you place where you want it) designed to absorb unwanted energy. Someone who was skilled with energy work could design warding around the house that funneled the energy where you wanted it. Etc.

Thanks, Jennet. I am looking at putting in a small native tree or shrub so that it blocks the view of the t-junction from our front door. Apparently that's helpful to stop the energy rushing into the house. The people who first lived in the house had a really good idea about all this, I suspect, because there used to be a tree in that exact spot - until we had it cut down because it was beginning to get too close to an overhead power line. So now I'm looking for a Western Australian native - not too tall and suitable for the climate and soil to boot. :)

From a more witchcraft perspective, the term you want to include in your searching is 'warding'. There are a bunch of different approaches to it, but that's what you're describing of creating a space around a body (for people, it's commonly called 'shielding').

The two techniques are similar, but obviously you can use some techniques for warding you can't for shielding, because the house isn't going to wandering around. A common practice is to anchor it with something in the four corners of the home, but there are a host of other techniques.

(My technique is one I wouldn't necessarily recommend - also, I live in an apartment, so there's things I'd do differently if I lived in a separate house, but anchors into a specific object in my apartment)

In terms of the specific energy rushing from the street, there are different techniques to absorb or redirect that that will depend on a bunch of factors - what you prefer, what works with your magical skills / interests / focus, what plants grow in your area, whether you can buy some things to help with this, etc.

I'll look into anchoring and absorbing the energy - thank you for those suggestions. I think absorbing at this point would be a better way to go than redirecting, because I don't want the energy affecting the neighbours and adding to what they're already getting. (I've noticed lots of broken relationships, loud arguments, etc. in the immediate vicinity, sadly.)

When I find something, I'll update this thread in case it's of some use to anyone else. And, again, thank you, Jennet, for all your help. :)

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:05 pm »
We live on a T-junction ...

What I am particularly mindful of is that I don't want harmful energies swooshing around the corner, [...snip...] then back-washing towards our neighbours, ...

Any input gratefully received. :)

Magical Energy often follows physical, as you know from Feng Shui.  See what you can do to buffer sightlines, noise pollution, air pollution and turbulence caused by vehicles.  Avoiding hard, smooth, flat surfaces and pointy edges would be good.

Also contemplate not only what you sense coming in, but also what others sense coming out.  If your property appears calm and restful, they'll feel calm just by looking (or smelling).  Which calms the energy around them somewhat.  If you can "peel off" any energy in small eddies, that will help slow the rest of the flow.  And if possible, include something across the street in your workings, creating a sort of gateway energy has to flow through.  Bottlenecks happen at gates almost everywhere.  Just be on the watch for creating stale pockets.

You're in Australia you said, so I presume you're rather hot and dry.  If you have the personal energy, I'd focus and spend time on plants that need a bit of coddling on the interior.  The energy to keep the plants calm will calm the area.  The "tough as nails" plants will be great near the borders, though, since they're used to grabbing or any energy they can get and using it.  Or persevering through it and acting as a buffer.

If you're inclined, think about any Gods or Spirits that specialize in margins and roads.  (f'ex; In Greek mythology, Hecate especially has three-way intersections as her Locations.)  Gods of boundaries tend to monitor and buffer what is allowed to cross, so would be good to acknowledge, if not outright Honor.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:07:18 pm »
Someone who was skilled with energy work could design warding around the house that funneled the energy where you wanted it. Etc.

As an example of "where you wanted it" I have a semi-spell on my car that makes it look "nice, but not worth breaking into."
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:21:49 am »
Magical Energy often follows physical, as you know from Feng Shui.  See what you can do to buffer sightlines, noise pollution, air pollution and turbulence caused by vehicles.  Avoiding hard, smooth, flat surfaces and pointy edges would be good.

Drekfletch, thank you so much for your thoughts! I'm only seeing this now as I get used to navigating around the new boards, and I hadn't realised there were new posts on my thread.

Also contemplate not only what you sense coming in, but also what others sense coming out.  If your property appears calm and restful, they'll feel calm just by looking (or smelling).  Which calms the energy around them somewhat.  If you can "peel off" any energy in small eddies, that will help slow the rest of the flow.  And if possible, include something across the street in your workings, creating a sort of gateway energy has to flow through.  Bottlenecks happen at gates almost everywhere.  Just be on the watch for creating stale pockets.

This is such a great idea! It's looking at the issue from a 180 deg perspective. :) No gates and no walls around the front of the property - it doesn't appear to be part of the way things were done when the houses here were built. Fences to mark shared boundaries between houses, yes; boundaries to separate personal property from the road, no. So we're pretty wide open here on the t-junction. I love the idea of having a calming effect on road-users. The number of times I've come around the corner in my car and tried to park in my driveway with the car following behind being mindful of my manoeuvre and allowing me graciously to do so can be counted on the fingers on one hand! So yep, lots of stressed out people around! If I can provide some soothing energy for others, that would make me feel very happy. :)

You're in Australia you said, so I presume you're rather hot and dry.  If you have the personal energy, I'd focus and spend time on plants that need a bit of coddling on the interior.  The energy to keep the plants calm will calm the area.  The "tough as nails" plants will be great near the borders, though, since they're used to grabbing or any energy they can get and using it.  Or persevering through it and acting as a buffer.

Yes, I'm looking into native plants to plant near the boundary to act as a buffer. If I can find one or two that also help people to feel calm and soothed, so much the better. Plants on the inside would be more problematic with two youngsters around. Plus I don't have a green thumb at all, I'm really very sorry to say. Despite my best intentions and attention, plants do not survive.

If you're inclined, think about any Gods or Spirits that specialize in margins and roads.  (f'ex; In Greek mythology, Hecate especially has three-way intersections as her Locations.)  Gods of boundaries tend to monitor and buffer what is allowed to cross, so would be good to acknowledge, if not outright Honor.

Thank you for that suggestion, I will do some research into Irish deities of boundaries (if there is one!) and see how it feels to acknowledge them and ask for their assistance.

I really appreciate your suggestion, Drekfletch. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Tags: