+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Staff Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Kemetic Remix

Re: I'm a-goin' to London Town

Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    The one near the station I was using all the time was the M&S Simply Food, which had a range of pre-prepped sandwiches (also lots of other options in nearby buy-and-take places) but also a range of deli type food (salads, cheese, etc.) ready to eat, and some general grocery stuff (though how useful that will be will depend on what you can store.) I got dinner there several times and brought it back to my room.
    Duly noted!

That was so I didn't have to wade through choices when I was already tired and dealing with lots of unfamiliar navigation at the end of the day. Didn't eat at all of them, but it made the "Ok, I want something easy, near here, that's probably X" chain of thought much easier and doing the research in advance also helped me go "Ok, here's what the common chains are and the kind of thing they do." so that when I was out during the day, it was easier to figure out quick lunches or whatever.
    I've developed the strategy of eating at museum cafes and cafeterias. It's handy, usually not too expensive and the quality is usually decent. Otherwise, I end up walking down a street of restaurants, boggling at the posted menu prices, and going to Subway.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: I'm a-goin' to London Town

Quote Originally Posted by Sefiru View Post
    I've developed the strategy of eating at museum cafes and cafeterias. It's handy, usually not too expensive and the quality is usually decent. Otherwise, I end up walking down a street of restaurants, boggling at the posted menu prices, and going to Subway.
    That is also my habit, but sometimes one is between museums.

(I gather the Wellcome Museum cafe is especially good - I kept not being near there at mealtimes - and I really liked the one at Hampton Court, which includes appropriate era recipe foods.)
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2