Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Unless unknown attacks  (Read 1380 times)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Unless unknown attacks
« on: April 17, 2017, 03:36:20 am »
How could magic help you defend against magic attacks I have a few ideas of how one can protect from a hole bombardment of attacks. from the mind to the body. yet it seems more are needed in this day and age. I would like to know how people defend them selves.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Unless unknown attacks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 06:10:24 am »
Quote from: sevensons;204993
How could magic help you defend against magic attacks I have a few ideas of how one can protect from a hole bombardment of attacks. from the mind to the body. yet it seems more are needed in this day and age. I would like to know how people defend them selves.

Dion Fortune's Psychic Self Defense is a good place to start.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:44:29 am »
Quote from: RandallS;204996
Dion Fortune's Psychic Self Defense is a good place to start.

A fascinating read, even for the non-ceremonially minded.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:50:51 am »
Quote from: Chatelaine;204998
A fascinating read, even for the non-ceremonially minded.

Thanks for that info have an idea to put in motion a deaminated process.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:38 am »
Quote from: sevensons;204993

I tend to think that deliberate magical attacks are a lot more rare than most people think.

(First, you have to annoy someone enough they want to attack you. Second, you have to have annoyed someone enough to want to attack you who also has the skills, knowledge, and ability to do so magically. Third, they have to want to attack you enough to focus on it rather than other things for a bit.)

I do think there's a lot of stuff out there that wears on us, however, and wears us down (like being out in the larger world exposes us to people with colds or flu or whatever.)

Much of what I do as a routine practice is in the energetic self-care article on  my website, as well as some other steps like being attentive about what I bring into my home (in terms of people, and stuff, but also what I read and watch and listen to) and how I treat people in my life (if no one is annoyed at me enough to want to attack me, then I am less likely to be attacked. Q.E.D.) Think of this as the magical equivalent of washing your hands regularly and getting enough sleep and eating reasonably sensibly.

I have very occasionally been in situations where I took more active measures (mostly specific warding and the use of a witch bottle), but haven't needed either of those for years.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:16:38 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;205003
I tend to think that deliberate magical attacks are a lot more rare than most people think.

(First, you have to annoy someone enough they want to attack you. Second, you have to have annoyed someone enough to want to attack you who also has the skills, knowledge, and ability to do so magically. Third, they have to want to attack you enough to focus on it rather than other things for a bit.)

I do think there's a lot of stuff out there that wears on us, however, and wears us down (like being out in the larger world exposes us to people with colds or flu or whatever.)

Much of what I do as a routine practice is in the energetic self-care article on  my website, as well as some other steps like being attentive about what I bring into my home (in terms of people, and stuff, but also what I read and watch and listen to) and how I treat people in my life (if no one is annoyed at me enough to want to attack me, then I am less likely to be attacked. Q.E.D.) Think of this as the magical equivalent of washing your hands regularly and getting enough sleep and eating reasonably sensibly.

I have very occasionally been in situations where I took more active measures (mostly specific warding and the use of a witch bottle), but haven't needed either of those for years.

It is amazing the powder of thought we are all linked on the planet so its fair play.

Instagram stevejomac

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;205003

When I was learning about protections against the evil eye and similar stuff, a lot of the material was very, "Yes, there exist people who can cast the evil eye onto someone deliberately, and people whose intrinsic nature is such that they do it routinely but accidentally (this part was often extremely ablist, IIRC), but most cases of the evil eye come about as a consequence of jealousy, envy, and mistrust."
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 12:51:13 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;205010
When I was learning about protections against the evil eye and similar stuff, a lot of the material was very, "Yes, there exist people who can cast the evil eye onto someone deliberately, and people whose intrinsic nature is such that they do it routinely but accidentally (this part was often extremely ablist, IIRC), but most cases of the evil eye come about as a consequence of jealousy, envy, and mistrust."

Yeah. (Which is part of why my process is 'are there people who might have reason to be upset with me? Can I do anything reasonable to fix that?' You can't change someone else's emotions, but you can make it so you're not aggravating them into having the nastier ones, some of the time.)

But I also tend to think that good energetic hygiene will cancel out a lot of the unintentional stuff.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;205011
Yeah. (Which is part of why my process is 'are there people who might have reason to be upset with me? Can I do anything reasonable to fix that?' You can't change someone else's emotions, but you can make it so you're not aggravating them into having the nastier ones, some of the time.).

The way I look at the force and my motto is( but he never did )which instantly calms me.

Instagram stevejomac

Tags: