Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Finally allowed to practice, where can i find a coven? Oh and healing spells?  (Read 1299 times)

bluedahlia

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello all! I haven't been allowed to practice in many many years, i finally moved to a place where i can, and i need to find a coven and re learn many things, any suggestions on where to start, i did lose all my books/most possessions and all i have is a lapis pendulum and an amathyst crystal, also does anyone have a good healing spell? I was hit with a three month mold illness where i was and have other health problems, i will be doing a juice cleanse to clean my blood and digestive tract and a friend who can do energy work but any other suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks all!

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: bluedahlia;204981
Hello all! I haven't been allowed to practice in many many years, i finally moved to a place where i can, and i need to find a coven and re learn many things, any suggestions on where to start, i did lose all my books/most possessions and all i have is a lapis pendulum and an amathyst crystal, also does anyone have a good healing spell? I was hit with a three month mold illness where i was and have other health problems, i will be doing a juice cleanse to clean my blood and digestive tract and a friend who can do energy work but any other suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks all!

Hey! Yay for finally being able to practice!

I'm not sure what you're comfortable with doing as far as spells, but as a quick and dirty healing spell a blue candle inscribed with what you want and dressed with olive oil with a bit of lavender essential oil added can be a good start. If you don't have a blue candle, use a white one.

You could also pick up a nice healing herbal tea at the grocery store and toss a few bags in the bath along with essential oils associated with healing (chamomile, lavender, mint, rosemary, marigold/calendula, St. John's Wort, roses, etc.), soak, and then get out and air dry to sort of set the spell.

If you want the mother of all spellbooks, including a big section on healing spells, The Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells by Judika Illes is your book. It sits open practically all the time on my coffee table; I don't always do everything 100% to recipe because, I mean, let's face it: coffin nails are hard to come by, but it's incredible for inspiration and ideas, and when you kind of start to see patterns it's easy to make up your own spells.

I'm a solitary as far as my spellwork goes and not Wiccan, but I'd start by checking to see if you have any spiritual/esoteric/witchy shops in your area, and ask the owner if they're aware of any groups. You could also see if there are any public sabbat events going on and connect with people there. I know there's a religious center about an hour from me that has ecumenical events on the various sabbats. You could also try your local Unitarian Universalist church; some pagans attend UU churches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Quote from: bluedahlia;204981
Hello all! I haven't been allowed to practice in many many years, i finally moved to a place where i can, and i need to find a coven and re learn many things, any suggestions on where to start

If you're willing to post the general area you're in (like the nearest city you're near / could get to) people might be able to give you suggestions on where to find people. (Bear in mind that finding a coven - as opposed to an open circle, or public networking group or open classes may take a while.)

Good places to check for options include Witchvox, checking to see if there's a Pagan Pride event nearish you (they happen in the fall, but if you look at links, vendors, presenters, you can often track down resources near you that way), checking Meetup.com and (if you're comfortable doing Pagan stuff on Facebook, Facebook) for local groups (try searching on city or county or regional names near you and terms like 'Pagan' or 'Witch' or whatever your interests are.)

I have a lot of other helpful info on looking for groups and teachers and public events (finding them, thinking about what you want to find, things to make your initial investigations go more smoothly...) on my Seeking website in the Connecting area. (and you may find other material there also helpful.)

For other resources, your local public library probably has some materials: even if they don't have a lot specifically on Pagan topic, they'll have great material on things from mythology to herbs to all sorts of other topics.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: