Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Learning magic tricks  (Read 3154 times)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Learning magic tricks
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:43:42 pm »
I would like to know if anyone performs magic tricks by making things disappear. I am a bit dense when it comes to performing tricks I have some darioles moulds and would like to make things go.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Learning magic tricks
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:00:33 am »
Quote from: sevensons;204843
I would like to know if anyone performs magic tricks by making things disappear. I am a bit dense when it comes to performing tricks I have some darioles moulds and would like to make things go.

Do you mean stage magic? Because if so I'm going to shuffle this thread into the hobbies section.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:49 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;204849
Do you mean stage magic? Because if so I'm going to shuffle this thread into the hobbies section.

Its more than a stage trick I am after. although using props was more into helping the body with energy manipulation. for a more continuous trick to make the body pure from outside forces that penetrate my protection force. dispersing them into the darioles moulds.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:03:53 am »
Quote from: sevensons;204855
Its more than a stage trick I am after. although using props was more into helping the body with energy manipulation. for a more continuous trick to make the body pure from outside forces that penetrate my protection force. dispersing them into the darioles moulds.

I recommend colonic irrigation.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:21:41 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;204860
I recommend colonic irrigation.

I did actually look into that about three years ago but thought against it. I feel better with knowledgeable moves. realizing what causes an effect to the body and implementing an action. absolutely good treatment for some though.

Instagram stevejomac

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Learning magic tricks
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »

I don't see what this has to do with magic and the occult?

(Edited because read OP wrong at first. Sorry!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;204912
I don't see what this has to do with magic and the occult?

(Edited because read OP wrong at first. Sorry!)

The darkness of the occult would start off by dumbing down your brain so you won't learn with advanced states of mind.the trick is to dump any such input so you can think more positive.

Instagram stevejomac

Something

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 04:09:10 pm »

You would be quite surprised at what is really possible if you can open your mind to the fact that as a race of beings we have very little knowledge of the universe, we even had to create the term SCIENCE in order to give explanation for what resides in our land, science itself doesn't exist in reality, for instance it is possible to project your own soul hundreds of miles away ti another part of the world to talk with someone and I mean being visible to them also,  powerful witches from the past called it shadow walking. The sad thing is that if you mention to many spiritualists most will simply say that's just stuff you see in movies. Technology has come forward as our true belief in what's possible has never been further behind in my opinion.. but I think the future will be different..

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 06:08:53 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;204914
The darkness of the occult would start off by dumbing down your brain so you won't learn with advanced states of mind.the trick is to dump any such input so you can think more positive.

*You* might not. That doesn't mean that's how *I* would--or should--go about things. Actually, you have no idea what sort of magic I practice; for all you know I'm in the middle of a six-month-long demon-conjuring project. Don't make assumptions about people's practices or knowledge, k?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 06:29:46 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;204925
*You* might not. That doesn't mean that's how *I* would--or should--go about things. Actually, you have no idea what sort of magic I practice; for all you know I'm in the middle of a six-month-long demon-conjuring project. Don't make assumptions about people's practices or knowledge, k?

I was talking about people in general when I say you. its the different meaning in languages its my slang talk.

Instagram stevejomac

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 06:35:16 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;204926
I was talking about people in general when I say you. its the different meaning in languages its my slang talk.

It's always better to only speak for yourself. If you feel more comfortable starting with sleight-of-hand, that's fine. Most people I run into (although there can certainly be exceptions) see little to no connection between magic tricks and actual magic or the occult. I don't do magic tricks nor do I have any desire to, and I've never had any issue with the magic I practice damaging my brain.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 06:56:38 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;204927
It's always better to only speak for yourself. If you feel more comfortable starting with sleight-of-hand, that's fine. Most people I run into (although there can certainly be exceptions) see little to no connection between magic tricks and actual magic or the occult. I don't do magic tricks nor do I have any desire to, and I've never had any issue with the magic I practice damaging my brain.

The brain is set to protect it self and run smoothly until it is meaningfully attacked. this is when issues make it to weaken your body.in society it is an accepted fact that as you get older you weaken. I plan to alter this state and dissolve weakness.

Instagram stevejomac

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 06:59:04 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;204929
The brain is set to protect it self and run smoothly until it is meaningfully attacked. this is when issues make it to weaken your body.in society it is an accepted fact that as you get older you weaken. I plan to alter this state and dissolve weakness.

Can you elaborate on what that has to do with stage magic?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 07:05:45 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;204930
Can you elaborate on what that has to do with stage magic?

Do you think stage magic can't involve real magic.

Instagram stevejomac

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 06:31:36 am »
Quote from: sevensons;204932
Do you think stage magic can't involve real magic.

Depends on how one views aspects of stage magic I guess - for instance the distraction aspect which forms such a large part of stage magic.  Without this distraction the stage magic would fail, but one needs to be really rather skilled, dextrous, and have great stage presence to pull it off convincingly.  Is this a sort of magic?  Perhaps it is.

For instance, personally, I'm a really big fan of Derren Brown's stuff, he's really clever, fascinating and convincing.  Assuming he doesn't use stooges in the audiences (which he claims he doesn't) then I really have no idea how he accomplishes some of his 'mind reading' type tricks.

Interestingly, Brown is also a really big sceptic and would be among the first (I suspect) to criticise/decry the sort of magic we're discussing here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 06:36:02 am by Pickle »
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: