Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Prayers for my daughter  (Read 1467 times)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Prayers for my daughter
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:08 pm »
Friends, my daughter has been in the hospital for 2 days with a horrible migraine. The drs have been trying a drug therapy often used for migraine (DHE), but it doesn't seem to be helping much yet. We're hoping it will begin to help over the next day or two.

In the meantime, she's in a lot of pain and has started to talk about her dwindling options in a very hopeless (and scary) way. I can't say I blame her.

I know I haven't been around here much lately (in addition to my daughter's health issues, my dad is also in the hospital, and, of course, there's other life stuff like work and my own health issues), and I feel bad about dropping in just to ask for help. But I guess that's what I'm doing.

I'm asking for prayers/healing energies for my daughter -- for pain relief and for strength.

Thank you.

~ Aster

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Anisaer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:58:57 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;204664
Friends, my daughter has been in the hospital for 2 days with a horrible migraine. The drs have been trying a drug therapy often used for migraine (DHE), but it doesn't seem to be helping much yet. We're hoping it will begin to help over the next day or two.

In the meantime, she's in a lot of pain and has started to talk about her dwindling options in a very hopeless (and scary) way. I can't say I blame her.

I know I haven't been around here much lately (in addition to my daughter's health issues, my dad is also in the hospital, and, of course, there's other life stuff like work and my own health issues), and I feel bad about dropping in just to ask for help. But I guess that's what I'm doing.

I'm asking for prayers/healing energies for my daughter -- for pain relief and for strength.

Thank you.

~ Aster

Of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 04:02:14 am »

I am no stranger to migraines, but thankfully never as bad as this. I will keep you in my prayers.
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:02:26 pm »

(((Asterdaughter)))
(((Aster & family)))

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:57:01 pm »

I will say prayers for healing and comfort for you, your daughter, and your dad.

And Aster...dropping in to ask for help is ALWAYS OKAY!
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:08:17 pm »
Thank you all! It's 2 steps forward, 1.75 steps back, but I think/hope there is some improvement happening.

Heim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »

I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:26:20 am »

Thank you.

~ Aster

Me and mine send our best as well! We've both had experience with migraines, and me with cluster headaches. Your daughter has our sympathy as well.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:18 pm »

My daughter was discharged last night. The treatment doesn't seem to have helped much, unfortunately, so she's still in a lot of pain. Plus, the medication irritated her veins, so her hands and arms are now hurting a lot, too.

She has an appointment next week with a pain management dr. I really hope he'll be able to help her, because she's been making comments about not wanting to live if her life is just going to be nonstop pain. I don't know how much longer she can stand this.

Thank you all for your prayers. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could keep her on your lists for a while longer -- specifically, for the pain management dr to be able to help her and relieve the pain.

Thank you!

~ Aster

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:50:44 pm »

Thank you.

~ Aster

In my thoughts, all the best ones, Aster.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 07:39:10 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;204736
She has an appointment next week with a pain management dr. I really hope he'll be able to help her, because she's been making comments about not wanting to live if her life is just going to be nonstop pain. I don't know how much longer she can stand this.

From Lyric's experiences, a good one can work wonders. If this one can't help, try another. Unfortunately, the really good ones can be very hard to get in to see (3-6 months out for new appointments).
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: