Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: The Working of Magic and sorcery  (Read 1577 times)

RajputMaster24

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
The Working of Magic and sorcery
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:41:06 am »
Friends, how does magic work, what is the requisuite? From what I've read it seems practitioners need an awakened kundalini or ability to enter trance state, is this true?

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: The Working of Magic and sorcery
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54:01 pm »
Quote from: RajputMaster24;204423
Friends, how does magic work, what is the requisuite? From what I've read it seems practitioners need an awakened kundalini or ability to enter trance state, is this true?

That depends on the kind of magic you are going to do. In many magical practices rooted in Western European traditions, you won't find the idea of awakened kundalini, and trance states are important for some kinds of magical working but not for others.

I've got an essay on my website that talks a little about some of the different practices (mostly those relevant to religious witchcraft rooted in Europe and America) that may give you some ideas about the range of options.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Something

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 03:21:19 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;204426
That depends on the kind of magic you are going to do. In many magical practices rooted in Western European traditions, you won't find the idea of awakened kundalini, and trance states are important for some kinds of magical working but not for others.

I've got an essay on my website that talks a little about some of the different practices (mostly those relevant to religious witchcraft rooted in Europe and America) that may give you some ideas about the range of options.

There are many different types of magick depending on what is required will determine the best kind of magic to use, think of magick the same way you think of cooking..
Your ingredients are your magical items and your intentions are your oven, your emotions is like your oven temperature... This is a very simple way of explaining it of course, but start with something simple and easy to use like herbs, resins and candles. Take all the time you need to ensure you understand how it works and never use it unless you need to.. magick should be used for things we cannot accomplish on our own never frivolously.
This was quoted for the original question not the already replied to answer.. Happy cooking
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:23:10 pm by Something »

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 03:30:35 pm »
Quote from: Something;204429
Take all the time you need to ensure you understand how it works and never use it unless you need to.. magick should be used for things we cannot accomplish on our own never frivolously.
This was quoted for the original question not the already replied to answer.. Happy cooking

What is your conception/example of frivolous in this context?
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 03:41:01 pm »
Quote from: Something;204429

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please reply to the post that you are actually responding to, not some random post in the thread.  Tagging on an "I'm actually replying to a totally different post" note at the end doesn't cut it.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Something

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 05:06:43 pm »
Quote from: Sarah;204430
What is your conception/example of frivolous in this context?

I think that's entirely up to the user but I have seen many who have used magick for all kinds of things like getting a more than a car is worth at an auction just for example, it's very hard to put any real emotion behind things that simply don't matter as emotion is what charges the strength.. I have also seen magick abused to try and make certain people want to sleep with them and so on... Basically what I was trying to say was treat it with respect.
Blessings

Something

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;204431
A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please reply to the post that you are actually responding to, not some random post in the thread.  Tagging on an "I'm actually replying to a totally different post" note at the end doesn't cut it.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

thanks for the reminder although it wasn't replying to a random thread the generator simply quoted the next post down instead of the top 1, my mistake still trying to get the hang of having to quote someone for each post..

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 07:10:01 pm »
Quote from: Something;204478
thanks for the reminder although it wasn't replying to a random thread the generator simply quoted the next post down instead of the top 1, my mistake still trying to get the hang of having to quote someone for each post..

*** MOD HAT ON ***
Something,

An informational note: The reply function on the software will quote the post you click 'reply' on. It is up to you to make sure you click the right post.

The reason you're getting a warning: The reminder you were issued said, 'No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.' Our rules express it even more firmly, 'DO NOT argue with, comment on, complain about, criticize, or otherwise discuss staff decisions on rules issues in public in Cauldron community areas.'

If you have any issues with a reminder or warning you've been issued, do not take that up in the thread in which you received it; contact staff privately, by PM or email to a staff member, or by reporting the reminder post and putting a clear and complete description of your issues into the 'reason for report' box.

This is your first strike.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: