Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Connection between nome/sepat deities?  (Read 1528 times)

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Connection between nome/sepat deities?
« on: March 27, 2017, 04:32:02 am »
Hello,

I am wondering during the course of my reading if there were connections between the local deities of the AE nomes. Specifically my interest concentrates on the 15th and 16th nomes.

After reading quite some materials on Djehuty and His origins I stumbled on Hermopolis parva (15th nome capital) being postulated as origin of Him in His ibis-headed form as lunar deity, which is the one (aspect?) that called me and keeps nudging me on. My "first contact" though, so to say, happened years ago without me comprehending it then with Hatmehyt, which is the local goddess of Mendes (16th nome, neighboring). Both deities in these forms fall into the same time period (OK), which baffles me as I had no clue about nomes as such or Hatmehyt in particular at that time or at my second call.
Any info or possible literature indications highly welcome :)

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Connection between nome/sepat deities?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:15:10 am »
Hello,

I am wondering during the course of my reading if there were connections between the local deities of the AE nomes. Specifically my interest concentrates on the 15th and 16th nomes.

After reading quite some materials on Djehuty and His origins I stumbled on Hermopolis parva (15th nome capital) being postulated as origin of Him in His ibis-headed form as lunar deity, which is the one (aspect?) that called me and keeps nudging me on. My "first contact" though, so to say, happened years ago without me comprehending it then with Hatmehyt, which is the local goddess of Mendes (16th nome, neighboring). Both deities in these forms fall into the same time period (OK), which baffles me as I had no clue about nomes as such or Hatmehyt in particular at that time or at my second call.
Any info or possible literature indications highly welcome :)

Just reblogging to say I found the answer to my questions (in Egyptology books).

Cya

Tags: