Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Author Topic: Working with Trickster Energy - Ideas?  (Read 7831 times)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Working with Trickster Energy - Ideas?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 03:58:10 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;204794
Yeah, uh, if you only want laughter and partying? Go find a spirit or deity of awesome keggers. Tricksters will fuck you up, dude. It's their job.
I call upon the power of Chad, the One True Bro, He Who Brings The Beer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:16 am »
Quote from: Jack;204798
I call upon the power of Chad, the One True Bro, He Who Brings The Beer!

His mighty call rings out across the land: "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

EmberHearth

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Creative, Inclusive Celto-Germanic Syncretism (roughly Northern Tradition) / UCC
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »
Just hanging this here -

Worth keeping in mind that the OP is explicitly not talking about dealing with gods.  (Not, of course, that those of us with divine trickster experience don't have thoughts to offer, but.)

Since the OP was looking at energies rather than specific gods, I'm reminded of Fox.  European concepts of the sly and tricky fox go back to Aesop, if not earlier.

I'd be interested in thoughts about Fox as contrasted with Coyote.  My ex observed that, in the Americas, Fox and Coyote are two animals that can work together.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 03:49:24 am »
However, please share if you do worship and how you might go about it, if you feel it will help in any way.  I may not share the concept, but I find the beliefs of others fascinating and I am genuinely that stuck that anything might help.

How do you work with trickster energy?  How do you recognize and honor it?  Where do I even begin?

Well, I work with Hanuman who is something of a trickster... and with Mohini, who is most assuredly a trickster. Both of them are relatively benevolent though.

I generally approach Mohini by meditating on the contradictions that are inherit to her character; she is both male and female, a warrior and a witch, an embodiment of Shakti and an avatar of Vishnu. With Mohini, nothing is ever what it seems... except when it is.

In my opinion what makes a trickster a trickster are those contradictions. The depth, the duplicity, and the veiled intent that is only revealed later (if at all) is what it's all about when dealing with such a figure. Maybe that can help you find the energy you are looking for?

"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 03:58:17 am »

Also, she tends to do morally ambiguous, or even outright evil things for the greater good. For example, seducing Shiva into an adulterous relationship when he's supposed to be a good and loving husband? Yeah, she did that; the result was the conception of a powerful and benevolent deity. She's also seduced and murdered demons, kings, and mortals alike, but never without reason. Tricksters, In my opinion, don't just go around ruining people's lives 'for teh lolz' the way people seem to think; rather, they scheme and plot with real goals in mind, they just don't share their goals openly.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: