Country
    USA
    Religion
    Undefined
    Pronouns
    She/Her They/Them

Question Something I Can't Explain

Er, Hello, I'm Syn.

I'm here for a few reasons, and to be frank surprised I'm here at all. I've thought I'd abandoned all sorts of faith, but I'm finding myself returning to paganism for a second time.

I'd like to ask a question about the elements: I have an affinity for water that I can't explain. I don't know what it is about the stuff but its always been a staple in my life, and always been what I turn to when it all becomes too much. I grew up on the ocean and I can't help but find myself intrinsically tied to the element in a way that I can't logically explain.

Since science can't help me out, I wonder if spirituality will. Is there a principle, a notion of sorts that ties people to certain elements in a fundamental way? Is there not and I'm just loosing my marbles?

I'm happy to elaborate further, but I'd at first like to know if anyone knows anything about something like this?

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Something I Can't Explain

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I'm happy to elaborate further, but I'd at first like to know if anyone knows anything about something like this?
    It is definitely a thing! Many poeple who identify as Pagan find they have an element they're particularly drawn to.

(Several people I've talked to feel that many people have one or two elements they do really well with, one or two they really struggle with, and one or two in the middle. (Usually at least one in the middle, rather than all easy or hard.)

More info might be helpful with giving you more ideas of what to do.
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

+ Reply to Thread