+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Journeyman
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Megatherium is a jewel in the rough Megatherium is a jewel in the rough Megatherium is a jewel in the rough Megatherium is a jewel in the rough Megatherium's Avatar
    Last Online
    27 Mar 2017 @ 06:00 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Heathen (ish)

Re: Asatru V.S. Social Marxism

Quote Originally Posted by hraefngar View Post
    Well said. This was the sentiment I was trying to express above (but posting at midnight when I was tired robbed me of eloquence, ).

From my standpoint, the religion is about gifting the gods. When someone brings a gift to the gods, I don't really ask questions what ethnicity they are, or how they define themselves in terms of gender and sexuality.

If some people want a "religion" of heterosexual Caucasians I cannot stop them. But I am bemused and offended as to why they have to insert my gods into it.
    I can understand that people would like their religious and political opinions to line up; if they are both dearly held viewpoints I can certainly see why there would be an emotional predisposition to such a confluence of ideas. However, I just don't think historical Heathen cultures are similar enough to ours to really make such a mutually reinforcing set of ideas plausible. I'm afraid modern political opinions will have to stand and fall on their own merits rather than being a logical outgrowth of Heathen religious practices.
    My views are one that speaks to freedom.
    -George W. Bush

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    (As an aside, not all trans women are attracted to men. There are plenty that exclusively date women and/or nonbinary people, so claiming that they are trying to perform hetero-normative behavior by transitioning is basically incorrect. Same goes for trans men when it comes to their sexuality, they can be attracted to people of any gender. Sexuality and gender are not inherently linked.)
    Hell, the overwhelming majority of trans folks I know personally are queer, and thus not only have to deal with the people who will brutalise them for being trans but have collected the people who will brutalise them for having same-sex relationships as a sick, hellish bonus crowd of often-murderous asshats.
    as the water grinds the stone
    we rise and fall
    as our ashes turn to dust
    we shine like stars - Covenant, "Bullet"

Peaceful Awakenings: Kemetic research blog
    Suns in Her Branches: Integrative religion site and blog
    Beewine Press Pagan Calendars

Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Hyacinth Belle will become famous soon enough Hyacinth Belle will become famous soon enough Hyacinth Belle's Avatar
    Last Online
    20 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Taoist Heathen
    Pronouns
    she / her / hers

Quote Originally Posted by Megatherium View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that this post would not have been better suited for a forum or a section of this forum explicitly dedicated to political and/or social issues. While one's religious and political beliefs can certainly influence one another, there is very little in your post about Asatru.
    I had the same thought, if only because I really don't want to deal with the OP's particular brand of ignorance / hatred or have it associated with this SIG.

To the OP, I'm really not sure what you want. If it's affirmation, I think it's clear you're not going to get it, not least of all because your views have no historical basis, as others have rather kindly explained.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    "Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Administrator Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RandallS has disabled reputation RandallS's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic Pagan
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Smokingbeavis View Post
    That's all.
    *** HOST HAT ON ***
    Now that everyone has had a chance to reply to this post and Smokingbeavis has had a chance to read the replies, Smokingbeavis has been banned for numerous rules violations (personal attacks, trolling, blanket commendations, hate speech, etc.). Nazis and their ilk are not welcome on TC. They have a board all their own out there on the Net, they don't need to espouse their hatreds here.
    Randall
    RetroRoleplaying [Blog] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
    Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
    Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3