+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Journeyman Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered500 Experience Points
    sevensons can only hope to improve sevensons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Mysticism
    Posts
    127

    Re: Salamanders? Salamanders! Anybody know a thing or two about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Eldritch View Post
    Hey, no need to get snarky. The OP has a right to ask for clarification when presented with an answer they do not understand.

    Consider this a reminder to respect other members of the forum, please.
    I didn't mean to come across as snarky I thought I was helping by saying look it up on google. if I wanted to be rude I would of ignored the OP.I couldn't of put it in a simpler form.

  2. #12
    Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: Salamanders? Salamanders! Anybody know a thing or two about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by sevensons View Post
    I didn't mean to come across as snarky I thought I was helping by saying look it up on google. if I wanted to be rude I would of ignored the OP.I couldn't of put it in a simpler form.
    It was also confusing to me. If something's confusing on here, we encourage people to ask about it (that's how people learn!) and telling people to Google something doesn't tell us what *you* meant by it.

    (Also, what you get out of Google and what other people get out of Google can look quite different, so it's usually a lot more helpful to point at a specific resource that was helpful to you, or at least suggest specific search terms.) (See http://gleewood.org/seeking/learning...-at-wikipedia/ for an explanation of why.)

    In this case, you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by sevensons View Post
    If you want to banish them buy one and give it deliverance.
    Here are my questions about what you said, explicitly, so you can understand where confusion might be occuring with this post (as with a number of your others, actually.)

    Why did you assume the original poster wanted to banish the salamander? (Understand what they are, yes, but I didn't get 'I want to banish this' off the original post.)

    Why are you suggesting "buying" one? That's a verb that doesn't make sense to me in this context, unless you're talking about the physical animal, which is not what the original poster is talking about at all.

    Why are you suggesting "deliverance?" That's a term that has specific theological meaning in some religions and theologies, but again, is confusing here because it doesn't really seem to apply to this situation.

    That's an awful lot of possible confusion for one sentence of reply, and a good reason for someone who is confused to ask for more info.
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

  3. #13
    Journeyman Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered500 Experience Points
    sevensons can only hope to improve sevensons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Mysticism
    Posts
    127

    Re: Salamanders? Salamanders! Anybody know a thing or two about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    It was also confusing to me. If something's confusing on here, we encourage people to ask about it (that's how people learn!) and telling people to Google something doesn't tell us what *you* meant by it.

    (Also, what you get out of Google and what other people get out of Google can look quite different, so it's usually a lot more helpful to point at a specific resource that was helpful to you, or at least suggest specific search terms.) (See http://gleewood.org/seeking/learning...-at-wikipedia/ for an explanation of why.)

    In this case, you said:


    Here are my questions about what you said, explicitly, so you can understand where confusion might be occuring with this post (as with a number of your others, actually.)

    Why did you assume the original poster wanted to banish the salamander? (Understand what they are, yes, but I didn't get 'I want to banish this' off the original post.)

    Why are you suggesting "buying" one? That's a verb that doesn't make sense to me in this context, unless you're talking about the physical animal, which is not what the original poster is talking about at all.

    Why are you suggesting "deliverance?" That's a term that has specific theological meaning in some religions and theologies, but again, is confusing here because it doesn't really seem to apply to this situation.

    That's an awful lot of possible confusion for one sentence of reply, and a good reason for someone who is confused to ask for more info.
    I also was confused I thought the OP wanted to banish the salamander so thought like for like buy the amphibian salamander and set it free. I am experimenting with my mind at the moment and I seem to have glitches in my mind. just need to take it steady instead of what seems like I'm rushing at 99 miles per hour.

  4. #14
    Staff Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    20 Apr 2017 @ 10:26 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Salamanders? Salamanders! Anybody know a thing or two about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by sevensons View Post
    I also was confused I thought the OP wanted to banish the salamander so thought like for like buy the amphibian salamander and set it free. I am experimenting with my mind at the moment and I seem to have glitches in my mind. just need to take it steady instead of what seems like I'm rushing at 99 miles per hour.
    If your own mind is glitching at 99 mph, think how confusing it is for anybody trying to follow your train of thought.

    That said, I'm not sure it's a great idea to just release a little pet salamander into the wild.
    (the artist formerly known as Mama Fortuna)
    Rock-n-Roll Witch - the blog
    in the violet hour to the violent sound - the tumblr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Someone/thing is here too
    By rrram in forum Paranormal Phenomena
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6 Mar 2017, 06:33 PM
  2. The College Of Your Thing
    By Darkhawk in forum Miscellaneous Religious Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 5 Jun 2016, 01:40 PM
  3. This thing, is it right? How do I tell?
    By Jenett in forum Paganism For Beginners
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14 Jun 2013, 09:05 AM
  4. If it's not one thing....
    By stephyjh in forum Prayer and Energy Requests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 6 Nov 2011, 11:19 AM
  5. Is there such a thing?
    By SkylarB in forum Paganism For Beginners
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18 Sep 2011, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts