Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Greetings and salutations!  (Read 593 times)

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Greetings and salutations!
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:14:17 pm »
Hello fellow spiritual seekers!

I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim  special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and salutations!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 04:08:27 pm »
Quote from: EnderDragonFire;203778
 I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:45:38 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 03:47:08 am »
Quote from: EnderDragonFire;203786
I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.

In context it seemed pretty clear (to me, anyway) that that is what you meant by Aryan, but clarification is always appreciated. :)
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 03:02:07 pm »
Quote from: Morag;203810
In context it seemed pretty clear, ... but clarification is always appreciated. :)

I thought it did, but I wanted to make sure! Thanks for the welcome, it's appreciated.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »
 I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

I suppose I should mention I am also interested in Jewish and Russian mysticism, as well. It's not something I currently practice, but It's an area I enjoy studying and learning about.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 10:17:51 pm »

I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim  special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: