Country
    USSR
    Religion
    Bhakti Yoga, Tantra, Ahimsa, Vedic Pagan, Pantheism, Syncretism
    Pronouns
    they/they/their

Greetings and salutations!

Hello fellow spiritual seekers!

I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    EnderDragonFire is on a distinguished road EnderDragonFire's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USSR
    Religion
    Pronouns
    they/they/their

Re: Greetings and salutations!

Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.
    I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them

Welcome to TC!
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.
    --
    Everyday Magic | Morag's Spindle

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them

I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.
    In context it seemed pretty clear (to me, anyway) that that is what you meant by Aryan, but clarification is always appreciated.
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.
    --
    Everyday Magic | Morag's Spindle

Last Online
    Country
    USSR
    Religion
    Pronouns
    they/they/their

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    In context it seemed pretty clear, ... but clarification is always appreciated.
    I thought it did, but I wanted to make sure! Thanks for the welcome, it's appreciated.

Last Online
    Country
    USSR
    Religion
    Pronouns
    they/they/their

I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.
    I suppose I should mention I am also interested in Jewish and Russian mysticism, as well. It's not something I currently practice, but It's an area I enjoy studying and learning about.

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Voren is on a distinguished road Voren's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Pronouns
    Xe/Xir/Xem/Xey

I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!
    Hello and welcome
    -Voren
    (aka Sou'r-Ghi'den)

The Singularity

+ Reply to Thread