+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    EnderDragonFire is on a distinguished road EnderDragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USSR
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Religion
    Bhakti Yoga, Tantra, Ahimsa, Vedic Pagan, Pantheism, Syncretism
    Pronouns
    they/they/their
    Posts
    9

    Greetings and salutations!

    Hello fellow spiritual seekers!

    I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

    My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

    In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

    I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!

  2. #2
    Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    EnderDragonFire is on a distinguished road EnderDragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USSR
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Religion
    Bhakti Yoga, Tantra, Ahimsa, Vedic Pagan, Pantheism, Syncretism
    Pronouns
    they/they/their
    Posts
    9

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    Hello fellow spiritual seekers!
    I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.
    I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.

  3. #3
    Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    rural suburbia
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    Welcome to TC!
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.
    --
    Everyday Magic | Morag's Spindle

  4. #4
    Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    rural suburbia
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    I should probably clarify that by Aryan, I mean ancient Indo-Iranian people! I am not interested in Nazi theory or religious beliefs.
    In context it seemed pretty clear (to me, anyway) that that is what you meant by Aryan, but clarification is always appreciated.
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.
    --
    Everyday Magic | Morag's Spindle

  5. #5
    Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    EnderDragonFire is on a distinguished road EnderDragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USSR
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Religion
    Bhakti Yoga, Tantra, Ahimsa, Vedic Pagan, Pantheism, Syncretism
    Pronouns
    they/they/their
    Posts
    9

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    In context it seemed pretty clear, ... but clarification is always appreciated.
    I thought it did, but I wanted to make sure! Thanks for the welcome, it's appreciated.

  6. #6
    Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    EnderDragonFire is on a distinguished road EnderDragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USSR
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Religion
    Bhakti Yoga, Tantra, Ahimsa, Vedic Pagan, Pantheism, Syncretism
    Pronouns
    they/they/their
    Posts
    9

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    Hello fellow spiritual seekers!
    I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.
    I suppose I should mention I am also interested in Jewish and Russian mysticism, as well. It's not something I currently practice, but It's an area I enjoy studying and learning about.

  7. #7
    Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Voren is on a distinguished road Voren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    South Eastern ND, USA
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Pronouns
    Xe/Xir/Xem/Xey
    Posts
    120

    Re: Greetings and salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnderDragonFire View Post
    Hello fellow spiritual seekers!

    I was looking for a forum where I could discuss and debate topics of religion and spirituality. I decided that The Cauldron was a good fit for my needs. I am currently practicing Bhakti Yoga and Tantra, along with syncretic elements from related traditions including Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. I am especially interested in Vedic, Aryan, and reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religious practices.

    My birth religion, if you can even call it that, was Christianity. However, I was raised by free thinkers who encouraged me to explore and evaluate my beliefs, and allowed me freedom to choose what, if anything, to believe. I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States my entire life. My family comes from a Soviet background, which is why I chose the USSR as my flag. If this is considered offensive, I will gladly replace it with the US flag instead.

    In my personal life, I am a student of history and anthropology, and a professional historian. I am unmarried and not seeking a romantic relationship, I practice vegetarianism, (but not veganism) and am a pet owner. I do not claim special relationships with any deities, but I revere Shiva, Kali, Indra, and Vishnu most strongly.

    I am looking forward to discussing and sharing ideas about religion and spirituality on this forum!
    Hello and welcome
    -Voren
    (aka Sou'r-Ghi'den)

    The Singularity

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Greetings and salutations
    By Ryan.Grapes&mountains in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29 Nov 2016, 06:27 PM
  2. Greetings and Salutations!
    By Stormwise in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6 Aug 2015, 07:25 AM
  3. Salutations
    By Enoch in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30 Jan 2015, 06:40 PM
  4. Greetings and Salutations
    By CorvusOConchobhair in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4 May 2014, 07:29 AM
  5. Greetings and Salutations
    By CorvusOConchobhair in forum Paganism For Beginners
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2 May 2014, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts