Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Books: Cauldron Book Club?  (Read 1949 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Cauldron Book Club?
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:41:58 am »
Maybe I've just missed it all these years, but have we ever tried a pagan book club here--where we all decide on a pagan-themed book, read it by a certain date, and then discuss in a thread? Would there be any interest in that?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:18:21 am by RandallS »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Cauldron Book Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:26:31 am »
Quote from: Altair;203772
Maybe I've just missed it all these years, but have we ever tried a pagan book club here--where we all decide on a pagan-themed book, read it by a certain date, and then discuss in a thread? Would there be any interest in that?

I remember one a while back, where we were working on reading Transportation.  Instead of reading the whole book then discussing, the plan was one chapter a month (or something like that).  But it sort of fell through after a couple of months, people got busy with life and got behind.

I like the idea of a book club, but depending on the book and the pace the group was working on it (while I do read quickly, I have a bunch of stuff going on, so being able to dedicate big chunks of time to another project probably won't happen) I may or may not actually be able to participate.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:50:30 am »

I have a vague memory of a discussion like this ages ago, but I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere. Either way, I'd be interested, depending on the books. I'd also be interested in something that challenges us to get through our Still To Read piles, and share reviews once we're done. I'd only stipulate that whatever books might be chosen should have kindle editions, or I'll be stuck waiting weeks for things to ship to me, so yeah. Count me as an interested party.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 06:40:24 am »

Definitely interested! But like Kylara I have a lot going on in my life atm so I can't promise I can keep up.
I love Sobekemiti's idea of going through your reading pile and post a review. I have lots of books around I still need to go through. Not in the least Drawing down the moon. *hides in shame*
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:05 am »
Quote from: Vixen;203956
Definitely interested! But like Kylara I have a lot going on in my life atm so I can't promise I can keep up.
I love Sobekemiti's idea of going through your reading pile and post a review. I have lots of books around I still need to go through. Not in the least Drawing down the moon. *hides in shame*

This is already on my to-do list (quite literally, I have a "books to review" section in my planner, and am scheduling reading the current book in my daily tasks, though it often gets pushed to last).

Books that high on my "to read and review list":  Goddess in America, Baldur's Magic, Norse Runes.  I'm partway through all of them (Goddess in America is top on the list, as I got my copy for reviewing purposes, and I've been really slow on reading it)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Tags: