Pronouns
    they/their/them

Re: Spring Health and Fitness challenge - Chronic Illness version

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeigynaix View Post
    Two and a half goals.
    Wrt exercise: still not.

Wrt food:

Spoiler: 
    I spent today cooking meatballs to a GF version of my grandmother's recipe, mashed potatoes to serve the meatballs with because I still don't want to try GF pasta, cashew paella, and baked chicken with Greek seasoning. I'll cook rice to serve the chicken with later. Other than the rice, the food for the remaining two weeks of the no-gluten phase of my GF experiment is cooked and done with. Yay!

And nibbling as I cooked, it tasted okay? So maybe my brain is getting with the program finally, instead of making it hard to eat because nothing's tasty?

Wrt weight:

Spoiler: 
    As of Wednesday, I am four pounds lighter than as of three weeks earlier. That seems a little fast to be losing weight, so I'm worrying.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I was waiting until today to update because seasonal doctor's appointment. (Which was very good! We actually get to poke at 'this is not an urgent problem but would be nice to fix!')

Which is poking at the auto-immune response (which affects about five things I have) and inflammation in general, and seeing if we can improve that, because. (Some of which are food things I will be discussing with my nutritionist more when I see her in a couple of weeks, some of which are poking at other things.)

However, I had a migraine on Wednesday, and that always throws me for a few days (and was recovering last weekend from a very busy couple of weeks, so not as much exercise as I'd ideally like.)

My work place is doing a spring exercise challenge. I know some places that's awful and inaccessible but ours is fairly sensibly done with no pressure to participate (and other challenges during the year aren't necessarily exercise, they might be drinking water.) This one, they ask us to log minutes of activity, in a team (we can choose our own) and there's a wide range of things to choose from and no pressure about exertion/competition/etc. except that the top team gets bragging rights and some sort of small prize.

So I'm doing that with my two closest work colleagues, our boss, and someone else in our department and if the weather is not totally horrible all weekend it may actually get me out of the house for a walk.

(I am bad at leaving the house on days I do not actually have to.)
    Last edited by Jenett; 7 Apr 2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Journeyman Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Pickle is on a distinguished road Pickle's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Country
    England
    Religion
    Solitary neo-druid
    Pronouns
    She/her

Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    I'm a little late in joining again, it's taken me a little while to get round to it.

I still have a few weeks left of attending Weight Watchers - I've been really pleased with what I've achieved in general but have 'fallen off the wagon' in recent weeks with the healthy eating (and gotten away with it!) so I want to try and address that, so as not to lose those good habits I've learned in the early weeks. My husband doesn't help, he's a junk food addict and 'pusher'.

My healthier lifestyle goals remain the same, I really want to improve my consistency with it:-
    ~ keep up the water-drinking (instead of diet fizzy drinks)
    ~ continue to resist my work colleagues' morning and afternoon biscuit-rounds & all the birthday cakes etc
    ~ start remembering to take packed lunches again, for a better choice of healthier options. Also, more fruit & veg.
    ~ here is the one I haven't been managing: try and take a lunch break & spend some of it reading/relaxing in some way (possibly an occasional walk or something, too)
    ~ remembering to use my daylight simulation lamp most days, and to take my various vitamins & food supplements regularly
    (At the risk of tempting fate, my insomnia is currently not troubling me too greatly, and if it does start to then I have an antihistamine medication I can take on the second and subsequent nights).

So that's all pretty much the same as it was at the start of (and throughout) the winter thread, but that's okay. There had been some progress on some of the points, and progress is progress.
    Last edited by Pickle; 8 Apr 2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: missing punctuation

Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Alexeigynaix is on a distinguished road Alexeigynaix's Avatar
    Last Online
    16 Apr 2017 @ 09:17 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic reconstructionist polytheism
    Pronouns
    they/their/them

Two and a half goals.

I know some people get twitchy around food or anything that might be construed as disordered eating (I mean, I don't think this is, but better safe than sorry):

Spoiler: 
    1) Stick to the gluten-free thing seriously I mean it and, more to the point, eat enough to not feel like total crap while sticking to the gluten-free thing. Expiry date: no earlier than Mar 31, but if I can hold out till Apr 14, that's better, and Apr 28 is better yet. And then back on gluten.

Object of this exercise is to determine whether a GF diet does anything useful for me. (I have two sisters who have celiac, you see. I have been meaning to run this experiment basically since the earlier of them got diagnosed. I finally started Mar 4.) If I note an improvement in any arena between now and when I go back on gluten, or an abrupt disimprovement when I go back on gluten, then clearly the answer is yes. Mind you, a yes answer will suck intensely; as you might have guessed from the content note and the first sentence part two, I am having trouble enjoying, and thus having trouble eating, any foods that are permissible by the terms of the experiment! (Same naturally-GF or trivially-rendered-GF foods I have enjoyed plenty in the past, at that! Ugh. Brains why so rude.)
    Spoiler: 
    So I started the gluten reintroduction phase yesterday. And while the "nothing is tasty" thing finally gave up and went away a week ago, wow it's like eating in Technicolor.

I suspect the major full-body ouch today, starting sometime yesterday-afternoon vicinity, is because I overdid it yesterday when Cooking All The Things (I was pretty much on my feet from noon till nine), and not to do with gluten. Or else it's to do with some as-yet-undiagnosed disability and yesterday's overdoing it amped that up, and not to do with gluten. But I can't prove that...

Re exercise goal: meh. MEH I SAY. The major full-body ouch is Not Helping!

Journeyman Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Pickle is on a distinguished road Pickle's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Country
    England
    Religion
    Solitary neo-druid
    Pronouns
    She/her

Re exercise goal: meh. MEH I SAY. The major full-body ouch is Not Helping!
    I can understand that - hope it's eased off now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2