Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Polytheist/ Searching
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

So what are you doing for the upcoming equinox?

Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year?

I'm keeping things very low key for the equinox (Spring for me!) itself. The weather is supposed to gorgeous after a week of unseasonably cold weather (not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm in no hurry for summer!) and it's time to get my hands dirty and play in the garden. I'm planning on planting some peas, spinach, lettuce, and beets. I also think I'll blow the dust off my poor neglected tarot deck and do a nice simple reading.

In a broader sense I'm kind of looking at this as a fresh beginning in my actual day to day practice. I don't know what that will entail yet but I've got some general ideas on the matter and am going to start doing some research and trying a few things out to see what fits. I suspect I will be reminding myself - often! - that it's not a race and that I don't need to jump into the deep end of the pool (as is my usual habit). This is something I want to take slowly and build meaningfully.

Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    MeadowRae is on a distinguished road MeadowRae's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Pantheist Pagan
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

Re: So what are you doing for the upcoming equinox?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsiren View Post
    Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year?

I'm keeping things very low key for the equinox (Spring for me!) itself. The weather is supposed to gorgeous after a week of unseasonably cold weather (not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm in no hurry for summer!) and it's time to get my hands dirty and play in the garden. I'm planning on planting some peas, spinach, lettuce, and beets. I also think I'll blow the dust off my poor neglected tarot deck and do a nice simple reading.

In a broader sense I'm kind of looking at this as a fresh beginning in my actual day to day practice. I don't know what that will entail yet but I've got some general ideas on the matter and am going to start doing some research and trying a few things out to see what fits. I suspect I will be reminding myself - often! - that it's not a race and that I don't need to jump into the deep end of the pool (as is my usual habit). This is something I want to take slowly and build meaningfully.

It feels so strange talking about the equinox with snow on the ground. Spring Equinox/Ostara isn't usually a big holiday for me, so I'll probably do a small ritual and tarot spread. I'm really more or less taking time back to dedicate to my practice and my health. I'm also preparing for Beltane/May Day, which is a bigger holiday to me personally.

Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowRae View Post
    It feels so strange talking about the equinox with snow on the ground.
    You said it, MR!

Spring Equinox/Ostara isn't usually a big holiday for me, so I'll probably do a small ritual and tarot spread. I'm really more or less taking time back to dedicate to my practice and my health. I'm also preparing for Beltane/May Day, which is a bigger holiday to me personally.
    The equinoxes should be bigger for me, considering how conscious I am of how much daylight there is, but I've yet to find the right way to celebrate them. This year is a special case, as I've set aside the spring equinox to consecrate my two new swords; as emblems of the east/air, they kind of cried out for me to exploit that seasonal correspondence.
    Last edited by Altair; 16 Mar 2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: fixed punctuation

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Niuve is on a distinguished road Niuve's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hedgecraft

Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year.
    My childhood friend and I are going to get together and watch the Sage Goddess's (Athena Perakis) Ostara webcast. My friend is really into her stuff.

I'm also planning to repot my bush bean plant...its outgrown the one it's in and I'm seeing some blossoms getting ready to sprout. I'm kind of a newb tho so I might leave well enough alone since roots aren't growing out the bottom. I also want to get a small planter for some herbs: basil, thyme, mint, and rosemary. Given my living situation it's not practical but I WANT it and it'll bring some much needed positive vibes to the domicile so yeah.

Other than that, prolly just gonna make some light/festive dinner, and do something artistic with the kiddos. Probably an egg hunt too for them; always fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    hraefngar is on a distinguished road hraefngar's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Heathenry

On an exoteric level I got together with my kindred earlier in the month.

On an esoteric level I will perform a magickal working in private for new beginnings.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I am out of town at a Pagan conference (Paganicon) which means I am doing interesting Pagan things but mostly not ritual at the moment.

I get back on the 22nd, and there is a tradition-specific ritual which has, for me, migrated to the spring equinox (I spent several years trying to do it earlier: others in my tradition have done it more like 'the new moon after Imbolc' or something along those lines modified for 'when everyone relevant was free' but I kept wanting to put it off until the equinox.

This year, I've got to do the 23rd, since I will probably not be up for that ritual immediately after plane trip and getting myself home.

In past years, I've enjoyed doing divination by egg: draw on eggs in wax crayon, dowse them over dye pots, and then interpret the combo of symbol and color + sequence.

(It works better with more than one person becuase then different people can do the designs and choose colours, and also there is a somewhat less overwhelming number of eggs to go through if you do a satisfying number of dye pots.)
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Master Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti will become famous soon enough Sobekemiti's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Country
    Australia
    Religion
    Hem-Netjer; Witch; Polytheist; Scribe; Kemetic Monastic; Druid-In-Training (ADF)
    Pronouns
    xe/hir/xem

There'll be ritual of some sort, I'm sure, but I haven't got any set plans right now. I have finished all my decluttering work, save for tidying the candle box(es), did the last of it today, so that's left me in a good mood. To be honest, I might actually use the waning moon, and the autumnal equinox energy as a week of cleansing and banishing stuff before the deipnon, and start afresh at the new moon. Put the old stuff to bed, let it go, and prepare for the transition and rebirth to come. That's about all I've thought of so far.
    Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
    Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
    Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Newbie WritchCodex is on a distinguished road WritchCodex's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 01:04 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Ecclectic Witch
    Pronouns
    she/her

I colored some eggs after blowing the contents out of them so I could keep them. I've got quite a collection of them now, and it's become somewhat of a tradition, which is more than I can say for my ritual for the equinox. That seems to change yearly, depending on how I feel.

Apprentice Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    AsraiDouglas is on a distinguished road AsraiDouglas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:22 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Celtic Recon/Hedge-witch

It's been a rough few months for me, and I've been all out of whack. My daily practice has come to a grinding halt, and I'd even lost track of the time of year until someone brought it up today. I hardly realized I've actually been preparing for a few days with a huge cleaning-out of my home, and a reorganization project that's all coming to a finish tonight.

Then this weekend I'm getting together with some of my girl friends for a spa day and a swap-meet. :D

In short, nothing formal, but very very refreshing.

Apprentice Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    shadowsiren is on a distinguished road shadowsiren's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Polytheist/ Searching
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

I've really loved reading about what everyone has going on! I hope everyone had a lovely equinox and week in general

Quote Originally Posted by AsraiDouglas View Post
    It's been a rough few months for me, and I've been all out of whack. My daily practice has come to a grinding halt, and I'd even lost track of the time of year until someone brought it up today. I hardly realized I've actually been preparing for a few days with a huge cleaning-out of my home, and a reorganization project that's all coming to a finish tonight.

Then this weekend I'm getting together with some of my girl friends for a spa day and a swap-meet. :D

In short, nothing formal, but very very refreshing.
    Oh, I know that feeling. My personal (very short and simple) ritual for the equinox is the first thing I've done in months that could be described as formal or official or... anything, really. It was really nice though - one of those little moments where everything felt right. Also, I'd forgotten how good it feels to have a loved tarot deck in your hands with a nice energy raised.

In the end we kind of informally celebrated all weekend. We spent Saturday working outside cleaning up the yard/garden and getting ready immediate onset of warmer weather. Sunday was spent doing similar type tasks to the inside of the house and on Monday the kids and I planted the first round of things in the garden and I did my ritual while the house was quiet and clean and everybody was down for their afternoon quiet/alone time.

All in all a very refreshing, rejuvenating few days.

+ Reply to Thread