Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: So what are you doing for the upcoming equinox?  (Read 2093 times)

shadowsiren

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Polytheist with a dash of religious witchcraft / Always learning
So what are you doing for the upcoming equinox?
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:46 pm »
Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year?

I'm keeping things very low key for the equinox (Spring for me!) itself. The weather is supposed to gorgeous after a week of unseasonably cold weather (not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm in no hurry for summer!) and it's time to get my hands dirty and play in the garden. I'm planning on planting some peas, spinach, lettuce, and beets. I also think I'll blow the dust off my poor neglected tarot deck and do a nice simple reading.

In a broader sense I'm kind of looking at this as a fresh beginning in my actual day to day practice. I don't know what that will entail yet but I've got some general ideas on the matter and am going to start doing some research and trying a few things out to see what fits.  I suspect I will be reminding myself - often! - that it's not a race and that I don't need to jump into the deep end of the pool (as is my usual habit). This is something I want to take slowly and build meaningfully.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: So what are you doing for the upcoming equinox?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:31:18 pm »
Quote from: shadowsiren;203728
Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year?

I'm keeping things very low key for the equinox (Spring for me!) itself. The weather is supposed to gorgeous after a week of unseasonably cold weather (not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm in no hurry for summer!) and it's time to get my hands dirty and play in the garden. I'm planning on planting some peas, spinach, lettuce, and beets. I also think I'll blow the dust off my poor neglected tarot deck and do a nice simple reading.

In a broader sense I'm kind of looking at this as a fresh beginning in my actual day to day practice. I don't know what that will entail yet but I've got some general ideas on the matter and am going to start doing some research and trying a few things out to see what fits.  I suspect I will be reminding myself - often! - that it's not a race and that I don't need to jump into the deep end of the pool (as is my usual habit). This is something I want to take slowly and build meaningfully.

It feels so strange talking about the equinox with snow on the ground. Spring Equinox/Ostara isn't usually a big holiday for me, so I'll probably do a small ritual and tarot spread. I'm really more or less taking time back to dedicate to my practice and my health. I'm also preparing for Beltane/May Day, which is a bigger holiday to me personally.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Niuve

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Asatru (loosely), shrubbery (hedgecraft), <insert_religion_here
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »
Be it spring or autumn? Or whatever holiday/festival you celebrate about this time of year.

My childhood friend and I are going to get together and watch the Sage Goddess's (Athena Perakis) Ostara webcast. My friend is really into her stuff. :)

I'm also planning to repot my bush bean plant...its outgrown the one it's in and I'm seeing some blossoms getting ready to sprout. I'm kind of a newb tho so I might leave well enough alone since roots aren't growing out the bottom. I also want to get a small planter for some herbs: basil, thyme, mint, and rosemary. Given my living situation it's not practical but I WANT it and it'll bring some much needed positive vibes to the domicile so yeah.

Other than that, prolly just gonna make some light/festive dinner, and do something artistic with the kiddos. Probably an egg hunt too for them; always fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:19:38 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;203749
It feels so strange talking about the equinox with snow on the ground.

You said it, MR!

Spring Equinox/Ostara isn't usually a big holiday for me, so I'll probably do a small ritual and tarot spread. I'm really more or less taking time back to dedicate to my practice and my health. I'm also preparing for Beltane/May Day, which is a bigger holiday to me personally.

The equinoxes should be bigger for me, considering how conscious I am of how much daylight there is, but I've yet to find the right way to celebrate them. This year is a special case, as I've set aside the spring equinox to consecrate my two new swords; as emblems of the east/air, they kind of cried out for me to exploit that seasonal correspondence.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:20:18 am by Altair »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

hraefngar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 11:45:02 pm »

On an exoteric level I got together with my kindred earlier in the month.  

On an esoteric level I will perform a magickal working in private for new beginnings.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 11:51:05 pm »

I am out of town at a Pagan conference (Paganicon) which means I am doing interesting Pagan things but mostly not ritual at the moment.

I get back on the 22nd, and there is a tradition-specific ritual which has, for me, migrated to the spring equinox (I spent several years trying to do it earlier: others in my tradition have done it more like 'the new moon after Imbolc' or something along those lines modified for 'when everyone relevant was free' but I kept wanting to put it off until the equinox.

This year, I've got to do the 23rd, since I will probably not be up for that ritual immediately after plane trip and getting myself home.

In past years, I've enjoyed doing divination by egg: draw on eggs in wax crayon, dowse them over dye pots, and then interpret the combo of symbol and color + sequence.

(It works better with more than one person becuase then different people can do the designs and choose colours, and also there is a somewhat less overwhelming number of eggs to go through if you do a satisfying number of dye pots.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 05:49:50 am »

There'll be ritual of some sort, I'm sure, but I haven't got any set plans right now. I have finished all my decluttering work, save for tidying the candle box(es), did the last of it today, so that's left me in a good mood. To be honest, I might actually use the waning moon, and the autumnal equinox energy as a week of cleansing and banishing stuff before the deipnon, and start afresh at the new moon. Put the old stuff to bed, let it go, and prepare for the transition and rebirth to come. That's about all I've thought of so far.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

WritchCodex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mangasnark.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:13 pm »

I colored some eggs after blowing the contents out of them so I could keep them. I've got quite a collection of them now, and it's become somewhat of a tradition, which is more than I can say for my ritual for the equinox. That seems to change yearly, depending on how I feel.

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 10:03:41 pm »

It's been a rough few months for me, and I've been all out of whack.  My daily practice has come to a grinding halt, and I'd even lost track of the time of year until someone brought it up today.  I hardly realized I've actually been preparing for a few days with a huge cleaning-out of my home, and a reorganization project that's all coming to a finish tonight.

Then this weekend I'm getting together with some of my girl friends for a spa day and a swap-meet.  :D

In short, nothing formal, but very very refreshing.

shadowsiren

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Polytheist with a dash of religious witchcraft / Always learning
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
I've really loved reading about what everyone has going on! I hope everyone had a lovely equinox and week in general :)

Quote from: AsraiDouglas;203977
It's been a rough few months for me, and I've been all out of whack.  My daily practice has come to a grinding halt, and I'd even lost track of the time of year until someone brought it up today.  I hardly realized I've actually been preparing for a few days with a huge cleaning-out of my home, and a reorganization project that's all coming to a finish tonight.

Then this weekend I'm getting together with some of my girl friends for a spa day and a swap-meet.  :D

In short, nothing formal, but very very refreshing.

Oh, I know that feeling. My personal (very short and simple) ritual for the equinox is the first thing I've done in months that could be described as formal or official or... anything, really. It was really nice though - one of those little moments where everything felt right. Also, I'd forgotten how good it feels to have a loved tarot deck in your hands with a nice energy raised.

In the end we kind of informally celebrated all weekend. We spent Saturday working outside cleaning up the yard/garden and getting ready immediate onset of warmer weather. Sunday was spent doing similar type tasks to the inside of the house and on Monday the kids and I planted the first round of things in the garden and I did my ritual while the house was quiet and clean and everybody was down for their afternoon quiet/alone time.

All in all a very refreshing, rejuvenating few days.

NightSpook

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 08:19:38 pm »
I did not do alot of celebration wise this Spring Equinox. I am going throught a bit of a mental/head funk (cannot think of another way to describe it lol) and energies for me have been at an all time low.
Though the change in the air and weather are starting to show, as I thought winter was never going to end.
Hope you guys had a good one :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:21:49 am by SunflowerP »

WritchCodex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mangasnark.blogspot.com
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:28 pm »
Quote from: NightSpook;204142
I did not do alot of celebration wise this Spring Equinox. I am going throught a bit of a mental/head funk (cannot think of another way to describe it lol) and energies for me have been at an all time low.
Though the change in the air and weather are starting to show, as I thought winter was never going to end.
Hope you guys had a good one :)

I'm dealing with something similar right now, which was why my ritual for the equinox was a bit short and clipped. I'm happy I managed anything, really, because the past few months has been pretty trying for me outside of my pagan/witch studies, and it's been really difficult to keep up with it. I definitely feel the rest of my life is a bit draining on my spiritual side right now.

NightSpook

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 10:06:49 pm »
Quote from: WritchCodex;204146
I'm dealing with something similar right now, which was why my ritual for the equinox was a bit short and clipped. I'm happy I managed anything, really, because the past few months has been pretty trying for me outside of my pagan/witch studies, and it's been really difficult to keep up with it. I definitely feel the rest of my life is a bit draining on my spiritual side right now.

I hear ya, it's tough to summon the energies to put into any kind of "witchy" work. Here's hoping we rebuild our strengths and the bad times pass.

Tags: