Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Sports: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017  (Read 9143 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Fitness Challenge: Spring 2017
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2017, 11:25:14 am »
Quote from: Noctua;205001
update time!

Last week was a weak one for me.  Hubby was off work, so we ended up doing things that involved me not being here at the house some days.  And allergies were brutal, so low energy all around.  I did manage two workouts (didn't get to the cardio), though I also did enough walking to be quite tired in the legs two days, and went to a library book sale on Saturday, which was a lot of squats apparently (because boy are my thighs sore now!)  Also, ate fruit only twice this week.

Measurements:
calf- 18
thigh- 29
hips- 50
waist- 40
bust- 45
arm- 14.5

Lots of flux again, but a net of plus .5, so not bad considering I didn't do so well on the exercise last week.  But things are back to normal this week (well minus still walking mom-in-law's dogs), so I can get back to my own schedule.  Hubby is back on days now, which actually makes working out easier for me, and he is on front of the week, so I am not tempted to put working out off (and then never getting around to it).
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2017, 10:31:47 am »
Quote from: Kylara;205007
Last week was a weak one for me.  Hubby was off work, so we ended up doing things that involved me not being here at the house some days.  And allergies were brutal, so low energy all around.  I did manage two workouts (didn't get to the cardio), though I also did enough walking to be quite tired in the legs two days, and went to a library book sale on Saturday, which was a lot of squats apparently (because boy are my thighs sore now!)  Also, ate fruit only twice this week.

Measurements:
calf- 18
thigh- 29
hips- 50
waist- 40
bust- 45
arm- 14.5

Lots of flux again, but a net of plus .5, so not bad considering I didn't do so well on the exercise last week.  But things are back to normal this week (well minus still walking mom-in-law's dogs), so I can get back to my own schedule.  Hubby is back on days now, which actually makes working out easier for me, and he is on front of the week, so I am not tempted to put working out off (and then never getting around to it).

Good job! I will go ahead and post my update now.

I didn't lose any weight/inches, but I am also bloated because I'm starting Shark Week soon, so I don't feel bad about that. I stayed on top of my diet and exercise goals lately, so the progress will come in time.

In other news I seem to have a lower back strain. It doesn't feel too bad during the day if I avoid things that make it hurt, but getting out of bed in the morning is TOUGH. I'm not sure which exercises I can do to make sure I'm not aggravating the problem, but I'll do some research to find out. Strength training may be out for a few weeks, which makes me sad. :(
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2017, 10:50:38 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;205294
Good job! I will go ahead and post my update now.

I didn't lose any weight/inches, but I am also bloated because I'm starting Shark Week soon, so I don't feel bad about that. I stayed on top of my diet and exercise goals lately, so the progress will come in time.

In other news I seem to have a lower back strain. It doesn't feel too bad during the day if I avoid things that make it hurt, but getting out of bed in the morning is TOUGH. I'm not sure which exercises I can do to make sure I'm not aggravating the problem, but I'll do some research to find out. Strength training may be out for a few weeks, which makes me sad. :(

I love the term shark week!  (and Lycanthropy....)  I have found that is one thing that I have become way more in tune with doing this (and the previous) challenge and measuring every week...is how my body changes throughout the month, and really trying to work more with my own rhythms (and energy levels) than just push through every day as if it were the same.

I used to have that horrid back pain in the mornings.  We had a bad bed (which we have replaced), and I had a lovely cat who liked to sleep on my side (putting weird pressure on my spine) at night...but she has passed on now.  It made me start doing back stretches when I woke up.  I still do them, and it still is lovely, but I don't (typically) wake up with the horrible stiffness like I used to.  Even gentle back bends or sitting toe touches can be helpful, anything to start stretching out the muscles that are angry (or stiffened up while you slept)

Great job sticking to your eating and exercise goals!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2017, 09:38:53 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;205294
my update

Last week went pretty good for me.  I did my full three workouts, plus a little extra, and managed all three servings of fruit!  One of my kitties was happy, she got to eat grapefruit with me (strange cat...the others give her funny looks when she waits patiently for certain bits of food).

My cycle started at the end of last week, so I thought, hey I'll do some yoga, it should be good and not horribly taxing.  I picked a new yoga for weight loss video from one of my favorite yoga youtubers....and found it was jam packed with core work!  Which wasn't the smartest choice for right before cramps were due to hit.  And, stubborn me, saw a new video yesterday, which was titled yoga for loneliness, but she said it would be mostly floor work, nothing on the hands (which is great for me as I have wrist issues)....but again, a solid core section in the middle (which I kept saying, "oh I can do this..." forgetting that I was still sore from the last one lol).  Oh well, it's a good sore.

And, I found an old tae bo cardio video I used to do, plus a new shorter one (that uses weights), so more options for cardio and toning.  I always enjoyed the tae bo, even when it wore me out.  The cardio video is longer (about 40 minutes), so might be doing that one this week (or next, depending on how my energy feels this week)

This weeks measurements:
calf-  18
thigh- 29.5
hips- 50
waist- 41
bust- 45
arm- 14

It's a gain of one inch, but that's not bad for around my menstrual time.  I am thinking that once this week is over (it's the last week I have to walk mom-in-law's dogs), I should actually have more energy to do more/longer workouts.  It always surprises me how taking about half an hour out of the middle of my day completely breaks my personal routine.  (of course it doesn't help that the 30 minute dog walking trip often unfolds into grocery and random shopping..and ends up being a couple of hours)

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;205488
update

So my weekend went terribly activity-wise- it's been constant cold and rain since Friday so I haven't done anything at all aside from schoolwork, reading, and crochet. I thought about doing something inside, but never got around to it. :(

Tomorrow is my last day of practicum for this semester, we're supposed to be doing a half day so I'm hoping that we can be wrapped up and done with post-conference by 2pm so I might still have a chance to get a little garden work in. Thursday is the first of many finals, when those end I move into phase 2 and need to start getting my butt in gear again. :)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2017, 10:27:46 pm »
Quote from: Noctua;205500
So my weekend went terribly activity-wise- it's been constant cold and rain since Friday so I haven't done anything at all aside from schoolwork, reading, and crochet. I thought about doing something inside, but never got around to it. :(

Tomorrow is my last day of practicum for this semester, we're supposed to be doing a half day so I'm hoping that we can be wrapped up and done with post-conference by 2pm so I might still have a chance to get a little garden work in. Thursday is the first of many finals, when those end I move into phase 2 and need to start getting my butt in gear again. :)

It'll be a looot easier after finals I bet.

I've been slacking a bit. I've continued with Dance Foundations bootcamp, and had to choreograph and practice some routines for shows I was in. So that's good there. My running though... toooootally crap, hadn't been keeping up at all.

And then I did my first 10K on Sunday.

Now I only ran about 3K and walked the rest, but I'm still pleased I did it. And it proved to me that I can totally run to the best bagel place in town on the weekends, it's only like a little over 2K. So that should happen soon.

Woo!

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2017, 03:55:52 am »
Quote from: Emma Eldritch;205510

Thats not slacking Emma, thats kinda awesome. Congrats!

I have been slacking. I haven't heard back from my ionstructor and haven't taken the time to seek him out. So I guess I'm back with my ass on the couch... :ashamed:

I still do some horseriding twice a week though. And my weight is still going down albeit very very very slowly, like a gram a week or something. Well. At least Im not gaining.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:54:50 pm by SunflowerP »
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2017, 07:52:18 am »
Quote from: Noctua;205500

Good luck with your finals!  You can always sneak a little movement in with short dancing study breaks :P

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2017, 07:54:44 am »

I've been slacking a bit. I've continued with Dance Foundations bootcamp, and had to choreograph and practice some routines for shows I was in. So that's good there. My running though... toooootally crap, hadn't been keeping up at all.

Now I only ran about 3K and walked the rest, but I'm still pleased I did it. And it proved to me that I can totally run to the best bagel place in town on the weekends, it's only like a little over 2K. So that should happen soon.

Woo!

Wow great job on the 10k!  As someone who no longer runs much more than a couple of yards, I think running any part of it and then walking to finish is amazing!

Running and dance are a hard combo too sometimes.  I did both when I was in middle school, and while they were great for each other (running helped me build up strength and stamina while dancing kept me limber), my teacher even commented that I had to be more mindful of stretching because the running would tighten up my legs.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:03 am »
Quote from: Vixen;205519

[\QUOTE]

Thats not slacking Emma, thats kinda awesome. Congrats!

I have been slacking. I haven't heard back from my ionstructor and haven't taken the time to seek him out. So I guess I'm back with my ass on the couch... :ashamed:

I still do some horseriding twice a week though. And my weight is still going down albeit very very very slowly, like a gram a week or something. Well. At least Im not gaining.

Slow weight loss is still progress!

Horseriding would be good core work wouldn't it?  It's been years since I rode, but I think it would be good core.

Some days, I count anything that isn't me sitting at the computer or in front of the tv as a win...

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »

Woo!

Yay! That's exciting!

I have been on top of exercise and stuff lately. I took some progress pictures today and felt pretty good about it. I'm starting to see more arm muscles, which makes me happy.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 07:57:33 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;205570
Yay! That's exciting!

I have been on top of exercise and stuff lately. I took some progress pictures today and felt pretty good about it. I'm starting to see more arm muscles, which makes me happy.

Fantastic!  I love being able to look in a mirror (or picture) and actually see a difference (even if part of it, for me, may still be in my mind).  

Feeling good about myself is one of the main reasons I push myself....I want to feel happy in my body!

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2017, 04:50:39 am »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;204684
Things went a bit better this week, even though today was my first proper workout. I did spend half of Sunday and all of Monday running around after Tiny Niece, so. Things are getting back on track, which is nice.

I think it's fair to say that April has not been kind to my routines, including my fitness ones. So it's probably for the best that I'll have the first two weeks of May to myself and help kickstart my fitness routines again.

I'm probably going to try some more/different workouts, I think I've grown out of the one I started with in January, which is a great problem to have. My fitness is better than it was at the start of the year, so I'm celebrating that achievement, even if my workouts have fallen by the wayside lately. But I'm keen to get back on track, so, here's to a better fitness run in May. :D
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2017, 03:00:59 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;205659
I think it's fair to say that April has not been kind to my routines, including my fitness ones. So it's probably for the best that I'll have the first two weeks of May to myself and help kickstart my fitness routines again.

I'm probably going to try some more/different workouts, I think I've grown out of the one I started with in January, which is a great problem to have. My fitness is better than it was at the start of the year, so I'm celebrating that achievement, even if my workouts have fallen by the wayside lately. But I'm keen to get back on track, so, here's to a better fitness run in May. :D

That is always a fun problem to have (when your workouts start getting easier).  I'm a toss up when it comes to workouts.  I want to be familiar enough that I am not spending have the time trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing (instead of actually doing it), but I also need to change it up enough that I'm not getting bored doing the same thing all the time.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2017, 03:05:42 pm »
Quote from: Altair;203437
Check in

I did pretty good last week, got my workouts in, and ate a lot of fruit (we had pancakes with bananas and strawberries one day, then the extra fruit the next two...then I bought more grapes, so I've eaten fruit almost every day!)

Measurements for the week:
calf- 18
thigh- 30
hips- 50
waist- 40.5
bust- 45
arm- 14

a net change of 0, I had one go up half an inch and another go down.  Also, got a tattoo on Wednesday for my birthday, so was keeping my arm stuff on the gentle side while it heals up!

Hubby noticed me measuring today, and asked what I was doing (amusingly not the first time he has asked that very question this year), and he was like "You're beautiful, you don't need to change", which is always lovely to hear....but I still plan on keeping with the measuring because I like seeing how the things I do pan out :P

Tags: