Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: The Morrígan  (Read 1095 times)

minus

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
The Morrígan
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:45:12 pm »
As you may know from reading some of my other posts, I have been studying the celtic path for some time.

I've recently been reading about The Morrígan and to be honest she doesn't really seem like a goddess who I would want anything to do with. Ii it possible to still follow celtic polytheism, yet not have anything to do with or include The Morrígan? I'm not really into eternal commitments or anything like that.

Thanks

Minus.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Re: The Morrígan
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:24:48 pm »
Quote from: minus;203422
I've recently been reading about The Morrígan and to be honest she doesn't really seem like a goddess who I would want anything to do with. Ii it possible to still follow celtic polytheism, yet not have anything to do with or include The Morrígan? I'm not really into eternal commitments or anything like that.

Pantheons are large extended families with varied interests.  If you're not interested in tM's domains and don't have business she would appropriately attend to, then why would you deal with her?  She's on the far side of the family from you, and I bet you don't have intimate involvement with all of your second cousins either.

On the other hand, I would strongly suspect that your understanding of tM's domains is probably a bit sketchy, and you may find in time that, for example, the concept of self-determination is relevant to your life and want to revisit the question.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

NiDara

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheism, Clann Bhride
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
Re: The Morrígan
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:30:50 pm »
Quote from: minus;203422
As you may know from reading some of my other posts, I have been studying the celtic path for some time.

Thanks

Minus.

There are many goddesses underneath the Celtic Polytheism umbrella. The Morrigan's from the Gaelic branch, so you could look into the other goddesses under that group or the others (Brythonic, Gaulish, Ibero-Celtic, etc,). From what I know, non-Morrigan devotees might give a nod of respect to Her/Them, but they may focus on only one or some other Celtic deities. Others may not give Her any notice at all. It's entirely possibly to follow a Celtic Polytheistic path without involving the Morrigan.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:31:35 pm by Nic an Dair »

Tags: