"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 1174 times)

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello :)
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:32:17 am »
Arriving here is the result of a longer search for a community as I am pursuing my path alone due to external circumstances.

I am currently at what I feel to be the result of a long search and the start of a new path in my life.

Already as a kid I felt irresistibly drawn to Ancient Egypt and its gods. In a childlike way I absorbed all material on them including all the stories and worshipping practices I could get a hold on.
Life caught up with me and I left that path I had started on. Church followed, but I was never happy there. I never felt the presence of the divine - it is man made.

Later I found the way of Shamanism/Wicca, which was getting me nearer to what I felt was the way to go. I learned to travel, to meditate - the things I saw didn't fully make sense to me though in a Shamanic/Wiccan way.

Not until I heard His (Djehutys) call.

I have been restless since then - seeking. At the moment this is overwhelming me quite a bit. Since my childhood a lot of new knowledge has been found - I have to catch up. But the most challenging part is how to establish a balanced relationship with Him (and other, there is another one).

Hope what I wrote is not too confused..

I am happy to have found you all.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »
Quote from: Shewhoseeks;203365
Arriving here is the result of a longer search for a community as I am pursuing my path alone due to external circumstances.

I am currently at what I feel to be the result of a long search and the start of a new path in my life.

Already as a kid I felt irresistibly drawn to Ancient Egypt and its gods. In a childlike way I absorbed all material on them including all the stories and worshipping practices I could get a hold on.
Life caught up with me and I left that path I had started on. Church followed, but I was never happy there. I never felt the presence of the divine - it is man made.

Later I found the way of Shamanism/Wicca, which was getting me nearer to what I felt was the way to go. I learned to travel, to meditate - the things I saw didn't fully make sense to me though in a Shamanic/Wiccan way.

I have been restless since then - seeking. At the moment this is overwhelming me quite a bit. Since my childhood a lot of new knowledge has been found - I have to catch up. But the most challenging part is how to establish a balanced relationship with Him (and other, there is another one).

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:05:59 am »
Quote from: Voren;203384
Hello and welcome!

Thank you :)

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:03:12 am »

I don't find what you wrote to be confusing at all. Thank you for introducing yourself, and welcome to the cauldron!
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:12:46 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;203479
I don't find what you wrote to be confusing at all. Thank you for introducing yourself, and welcome to the cauldron!

Thank you :) I am glad you made sense of it. Writing about this was emotional.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:30:07 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:55:10 pm »
Quote from: Morag;203507
Welcome to TC!

Thank you :) Reading a lot and wondering where my questions are best posted :D

Tags: